PDA

View Full Version : Badge removal

uppo44
November 26th, 2011, 03:35
So I blacked out the grille badge on my RS6 and I like it. Before I attack the one on the trunk lid, I assume it is only glued on and a bit of gentle heat will help the removal process? A coat of satin black and glue it back on. I don't want to start prying away and then find out it is screwed from the inside? Any pointers would be helpful!
Thanks in advance.
Paul.

ben916
November 26th, 2011, 04:13
Dental floss to get the badges off.
Not sure what to clean off the glue off the trunk with... finger nail polish????
Might be better to purchase a new set of badges...

JSRS6
November 26th, 2011, 05:12
New badges with fresh 3M tape they come with is the way to go. OEM Plus sells them already professionally blacked out as well. I reused mine, would have been easier to get new ones. Remember to use some masking tape and mark the lower line the rings and rs6 emblem are on, as well as the sides of the rings and the angled edge of the red trapezoid.

The Goo Gone kit that includes the sticker removal spatula works well.

JSRS6
November 26th, 2011, 05:16
If you reuse your badges, keep in mind you need special 3M double sided tape that is IIRC .8mm or 1mm. Not available at your local auto zone or pep boys...

Fonzie Audi
November 28th, 2011, 00:49
just PlastiDip it.. you won't have to take anything off the car.

www.dipyourcar.com. read the instructionals

JSRS6
November 28th, 2011, 03:01
just PlastiDip it.. you won't have to take anything off the car.

www.dipyourcar.com. read the instructionals

Is this the new business? Hows the new S4 running?

Fonzie Audi
November 28th, 2011, 03:09
Is this the new business? Hows the new S4 running?

it's been a side project.. so easy to do cosmetic mods with this stuff.

S4 is running great, thanks. Running high 11's, great tech, but it's no RS6 ;). Lacks the sound and exclusivity.

JSRS6
November 28th, 2011, 04:12
Good to hear. You been taking it easy on the vids since you switched, huh? I'm thinking about re-doing my stuff in plasti-dip now, lol.

Fonzie Audi
November 28th, 2011, 04:15
Good to hear. You been taking it easy on the vids since you switched, huh? I'm thinking about re-doing my stuff in plasti-dip now, lol.

lol no I have done plenty of vids with the S4.. they are all under the same youtube account as my rs6 vids.

if you want to plastidip let me know, i'll take care of you fonzie@dipyourcar.com

JSRS6
November 28th, 2011, 04:19
Will do, and I'll take a look again at your acct.

4everRS
November 28th, 2011, 04:29
Floss didn't work for me. Only had a blow dryer to use though to heat things up. An actual heat gun would have been better. I ended up gently prying with a plastic blade to remove. Goo gone for the residue.
Dental floss to get the badges off.
Not sure what to clean off the glue off the trunk with... finger nail polish????
Might be better to purchase a new set of badges...

uppo44
November 28th, 2011, 08:31
All done over the weekend. Heat gun to soften it up and just pryed it off with a scraper. Bit of work to get all the glue off though. Decided just to leave it off completly. Still intend to get some photos up

vitalian
November 28th, 2011, 17:25
My car is badge-less, and I love it -- it adds to the "Stealth Bomber" effect!