PDA

View Full Version : new to Audi's tons of questions

uppo44
November 24th, 2011, 23:34
Hi to all. First time Audi owner with a 2004 RS6 in Australia. Only picked up my car yesterday and love it already. I have always been a 1960's classic car enthusiast. My first question- at the risk of offending all hardcore Audi enthusiasts- Is there an after market grille available anywhere that is just plain without the Audi 4 ring logo? I like the 'sleeper' look, clean and debadged, keep people guessing. I would like to make just a few subtle mods and I have been checking out this forum over the past few weeks and it seems as though there is a great wealth of information out there which is good to know. I live about 300klms out of Melbourne and there certainly is no Audi service centre in my small town. I plan to handle most work myself where I can. That is all to start with but i have a feeling i will be back here on the forum frequently so thanks in advance.

JSRS6
November 24th, 2011, 23:42
What i would do, well what i did do, is black out the rings, and get rid of the rs6 emblem on the grille. Ive also blacked out pretty much everything on the car, except the windows...

ben916
November 24th, 2011, 23:43
welcome!
There are several AU RS6 owners on here!
sallyh - C6 RS6
Johnnie - C5 RS6
skiwi - C5 RS6
to name a few

4 rings? well, if you are good with a spray can and wrapping up your grill, you could us plasti-dip (it seems to be a favorite in the AZ crowd) and if you mess it up, spray it off with high pressure and start over...

oh and we need photos :)

JSRS6
November 24th, 2011, 23:45
oh, and we need max to properly welcome you...

uppo44
November 25th, 2011, 00:13
I'll get some photos up later today. Stock at the moment. Suspension appears to be a little lower than standard. Is this possible with the standard DRC? At a quick glance the DRC seems to all still be intact. Silver with black Recaro interior. SE exhaust 100,000k's 60,000 miles, 1 owner.
From what I have gathered on this forum the things i need to be doing are- change gearbox ECU for a MTM chip, Engine ECU- go far an APR unit and when the DRC fails replace with Bilstein coilovers. Maybe an exhaust down the track, I'm happy with the sound as is. Have I missed anything?

MaxRS6
November 25th, 2011, 00:44
^ Welcome aboard the

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?t=1293713060

uppo44
November 25th, 2011, 01:11
nice! thanks