PDA

View Full Version : Audi RS6 by MTM problem

serifu_gun
November 22nd, 2011, 21:35
I am the owner of an 2003 Audi RS6 MTM modified to 500 hp. On the VAG-COM appears the next code error:

P1556 02

I want to know if somebody can help me with the resolving of this problem,i'm from romania and i don't know what to do for my car runing like sometimes.please help mee!!!

i'm not so good in english,but I really do my best.thanks for the moment!

kilian tuning
November 22nd, 2011, 21:45
Boost Pressure Control Valve (N75), Negative Deviation

serifu_gun
November 22nd, 2011, 21:52
ok,but where should i fiind this valve on the car,i'm new on the audi cars and is so hard for my too find those.

kilian tuning
November 22nd, 2011, 21:59
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee469/mavada1/n75closup.jpg

serifu_gun
November 22nd, 2011, 22:07
ok,i will test this tomorrow.did you have the same problem with the boost,an the car run's very slow,like the TC's not working?

Jimmy
November 22nd, 2011, 22:23

It's at the back of the engine on the Audi V8s...see the red check mark.

serifu_gun
November 27th, 2011, 22:03
hello.i have'd change the n75 valve,but the car don't work fine,still no boost.any new ideas?thanks

ttboost
November 27th, 2011, 22:22
Car is probably in Limp mode. Any other codes? When you reset it with Vag, does it feel OK for a while?

MaxRS6
November 27th, 2011, 22:31
Do a log on measuring blocks 3,31, 115 to provide some data..

hahnmgh63
November 27th, 2011, 23:42
17964/P1556 - Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation

Possible Symptoms

Reduced power output
Limp mode
Possible Causes

Boost Pressure too Low
Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected or leaking
Charger Pressure Control defective
Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective
Possible Solutions

Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control

How long have you had the car? How long have you had the code or low power symptoms? Was there any work done on the car around the time this started happen? Who did the MTM Mods and software flash? Do you know what all was done to engine car other than the ECU Flash? Some of these questions may help us narrow down the problem as well as the data logs that MaxRS6 mentioned.

serifu_gun
November 28th, 2011, 15:32
So i bought this car 36 weeks ago,i have the Modified MTM-motronic computer with improved max. torque about 690 Nm and Vmax about 300 km/h incl. Gearbox-programming for sporty, comfortably shifting.i'm trying to translate the modifications from the paper because they are in german.what is the limp mode? After i changed the n75,i erase all the error code,and in this moment i don't have no other code errors,but the cart still noo bost.if the car is in the limp mode what should i do?. I will do an measuring blocks an will atach here.

But my question is what is that limp mode?thanks

MaxRS6
November 28th, 2011, 15:36
^ If the car receives data points beyond set limits (i.e. the car is overboosting)- the car will cut the engine's perfomance (putting it into limp mode) by reducing boost, etc. This is done to help protect the engine if abnormal conditions (reality/perceived) are received by the computer.

serifu_gun
November 28th, 2011, 15:47
ok,so my car is in limp mode,and this is a big problem.maybe it be the best choice to go to audi service,for checking the problem directly with the online database from the factory.i'n not an mechanic ,this is to hard for me but i will attach the log for you.thanks

ttboost
November 29th, 2011, 01:11
If it is in limp mode, you SHOULD have a code. Disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes, (during this time, touch both (+ & -) battery CABLES together, (AFTER YOU DISCONNECT THEM FROM THE BATTERY). After 10 minutes or so, reconnect them and go drive the car. Get some Vag logs (3,31,115) while you are driving.

serifu_gun
December 5th, 2011, 20:26
hello.after some work and some week's spend on this car,i fiind the turbo blocked,the one from left side,this week bouth turbo's will came,and in the next week the car will work.thanks for your help,i will give you the result next week.thanks again,keepin' touch

ben916
December 5th, 2011, 21:40
hello.after some work and some week's spend on this car,i fiind the turbo blocked,the one from left side,this week bouth turbo's will came,and in the next week the car will work.thanks for your help,i will give you the result next week.thanks again,keepin' touch

GEEZ! what was your mileage at?
Also are those the MTM 568's turbos that failed or the OEM RS6 turbos?

Also photos would help others....
Queue up, Randy....

serifu_gun
March 4th, 2012, 15:53
hello.another problem i found om my car.in this day i start my car for go to a thrip,and when i wounted to star it again for comin home the car wont start.i plug the vagcom an i received p0322 erro code.what is this and what i have to change for my car start's?thanks

kilian tuning
March 4th, 2012, 16:22
could be a bad ecu...

serifu_gun
March 4th, 2012, 16:35
i dont think so because this code p-0322 Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit No Signal,i dont think the ecu is bad

kilian tuning
March 4th, 2012, 16:52
well, you didnt mention the Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit No Signal...just the code...

serifu_gun
March 4th, 2012, 17:13
yes,just now i fiind the specifications of this code and i don't know hwat i should change the crank sensor or the speed sensor.and i dont know where are those located on the engine.this car screw my up...

mik15
March 4th, 2012, 17:43
i would say the same thing as Killan, i think it would be a good idea to have the ECU checked if not quite having it back to stock at least for a while to see if the problem comes back....or get in touch with MTM Germany and have them to check the ECU, maybe rewriting it would solve the problem...

serifu_gun
March 4th, 2012, 18:08
i don't undesrtand you if i get an error code i have to check the ecu?after me this is not possible,and the software to be changed?when you have an error code on the vagcom,do you change the ecu and that resolve the problem?thnaks for advice but i have just arrive from germany feew days ago from mtm germany,and they explain that the ecu software is not like the windows.

kilian tuning
March 4th, 2012, 18:14
broken G28 (crank position sensor) sensor...

mik15
March 4th, 2012, 18:40
was just a suggestion based on the problems you've had lately with the car and also because i know of many MTM/ABT flashed RS6 from early models have had issues with the ECU's...anyway, how is the car doing now? have you sorted out all the issues?

kilian tuning
March 4th, 2012, 18:58
hope this helps...:)

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee469/mavada1/naamloos-5.jpg

serifu_gun
March 4th, 2012, 20:13
i understand you,but those from mtm have'd check the electronics from the car inclusive the ecu and it was fine at that time,the car don't start,the engine rotate's and wont start,like it don't have fire inside the cilinder and the one error is 16706-p0322.... so thanks for the picture i hope to be ussefull.

kilian tuning
March 4th, 2012, 20:25
dont know if the G28 error has to be checked with the engine running...prob not.

serifu_gun
March 4th, 2012, 20:48
i will change it tomorrow,i hope to pe that f...ing piece.i've got just problem with this car,it had been a really menace for me. will speak tomorrow if is ok.thanks a lot

kilian tuning
March 4th, 2012, 20:49
...or check the wiring...

ttboost
March 4th, 2012, 20:55
Bad speed sensor...

kilian tuning
March 4th, 2012, 20:55
...or introduce yourself to another great forum http://forum.rs246.com/viewforum.php?f=2

serifu_gun
March 6th, 2012, 18:11
i resolve the problem,in changed the g28 senzor and the car starts great.thanks

kilian tuning
March 6th, 2012, 18:23
well done:)

ben916
March 6th, 2012, 18:49
i resolve the problem,in changed the g28 senzor and the car starts great.thanks

Which one is this????

ERIT:
Yep I just scrolled up...