PDA

View Full Version : Paddle Use Question

RCV3
October 14th, 2003, 22:47
Well, after much discussion with the dealer I took delivery on Monday of my Daytona w/ Black RS6. They swear the problem they discovered in preparing the car was the pump that adds oxygen to the engine during startup to avoid emissions violations. They are going to try to get additional info from Audi. However, they assured me if I had any problems they would do what ever was necessary to make it right. If they don't, I will be sure to pass their name around. For now, I am satisfied, though I will not have the chance to pass any significant seat time until this weekend.

One quick question, do the paddles work when the transmission is in S mode? The manual is not clear and I am not a big fan of the trial and error method when it comes to cars.

So far so good though. Thanks for all of your opinions on my earlier message.

BBGT2
October 14th, 2003, 23:16
Congrats on your delivery and yes paddles will work when in "s" mode.

Bajo:addict:

Bauer
October 14th, 2003, 23:36
Yes conrats on the new car....let us know you impressions when you have a chance.:cheers:

nene
October 15th, 2003, 05:00
Congratulations, and we know we probably won't hear from you for a while, as you enjoy the beast soon.

The paddles work in all forward motion gears.
If your display shows that you are in 'PRDS' or 'PRDS' mode, you can choose to control the gear shifting pattern by using the paddles. Keep in mind that paddle inactivity after about 30-40 seconds, will yield the display back to showing 'PRDS' or 'PRDS'. But another quick hit of the paddle, will yield the display to show '54321'.

If you are in the Tiptronic mode, the display will always show the numbers.