PDA

View Full Version : I'm back in White!!

2manycars
October 14th, 2003, 21:51
I know, here I go again. I traded the 03 E55 with 600 miles on it for a white RS6. All I can say, is what a difference. I can honestly say that the Audi, handles better, is smoother, and feels tighter than the E55. The Benz was more luxurious, but gave up a lot of the sport other than the engine power. In the short time I owned the E55 I never felt connected.

Once again, an expensive lesson, but the discount I got on the RS6 was incredible, and though I was not sure, the car looks terrific in white. I included a set of the Audi winter wheels/tire package in the deal. They are expected in a week or so.

If I knew how to post pictures on here I would.

At any rate it is good to be back on board the board.

Erik
October 14th, 2003, 22:12
Originally posted by 2manycars
If I knew how to post pictures on here I would.

Welcome back! (again)

Send any pics to erikb@rs6.com and I'll host them.

krm
October 14th, 2003, 22:13
Welcome back, nice to see that you weren't gone for too long! :)

Bauer
October 14th, 2003, 22:21
2manycars,

Welcome back and cant wait to see the pics. My local dealer had a white one special ordered but I dont know if it was the same white as the race cars. I will be intrested to see.

Also your experience and insight between the E55 and RS6 is very intresting.

:addict: :incar: once again for 2many

:cheers:

AvusRS6
October 15th, 2003, 00:52
Welcome back! When are you buying the 360? :D

nene
October 15th, 2003, 04:55
Glad to have you back.

White really kicks arse!

2manycars
October 15th, 2003, 15:14
Another comment on the E55 versus the RS6. Another one of the annoyances in the E55 was tyhe fact that their "paddles" were totally inoperative unless you put the car in manual mode. I like the fact that I can do a fast dowshift withthe paddles without having to change the transmission setting.

Though I do ffel the RS6 is overpriced, it is a much better value, at least to me, because of the enjoyment I get from it.

In the E55's defense, I will say it had a much better resale then the RS6 did. I paid 78K for the Benz, and my dealer gave me 72K for the car which had almost 700 miles on it. That coupled with the rather large discount, made this almost a (pardon the cliche') no brainer.