PDA

View Full Version : RS6 on Ebay... 74k miles. $21.500. What's wrong with it?

4.2Crew
November 15th, 2011, 03:29
It does have an accident on record, but still... At $21.500, I think it may deserve a serious look.... Anyone see a glaring issue?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=180753968251&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

4everRS
November 15th, 2011, 04:35
Looks fine on the surface. Sorta depends on the accident. Autocheck reports suck. Get a carfax. More info on them.

It's missing the lower grill trim.

lswing
November 15th, 2011, 06:07
Stereo area has some trashed buttons, scraped up. Kick panel on drivers door looks loose, dents on bumper. Mileage is also in the range of new timing belt and new torque converter, each 2k basically...

Really nice color combo though!

Jimmy
November 15th, 2011, 15:51
Def with an accident listing you are going to want to visually inspect for yourself prior to purchase (IMO). The accident may have been well repaired with no further worries or it may have been horribly done. Only you can detremine if you can live with an accident car, unless you have someone you implicitly trust to check it out for you in person themselves.

For sure at that mileage and price it prolly needs the T-belt service soon...which as said, is easily another 2 grand. Any records from a VMI on it using the VIN from an Audi dealer? Def do some homework but it does seem to be a real decent buy if it checks out good.

dWiGhT
November 15th, 2011, 16:46
Too bad I didn't see this earlier... I just got back from Houston...

dWiGhT

Bigglezworth
November 15th, 2011, 22:18
Timing belt water pump, thermostat, pullies, idler, cam and crank seals, and accessory belt can all be done for a nominal $500 and 6 hours if you are a handy DIY person. Otherwise you're at the mercy of the exhorbitant rates of the stealerships.

covertw12
November 15th, 2011, 22:40
Did I see your car yesterday in town ? first RS6 I'd seen in the big H......

E

SAF
November 16th, 2011, 00:35
Mileage is also in the range of new torque converter...

Where do you get that info from? I and many others have gone past 100k and still going strong with zero TC issues. This is not a common issue by any means.

Bigglezworth
November 16th, 2011, 00:38
Where do you get that info from? I and many others have gone past 100k and still going strong with zero TC issues. This is not a common issue by any means.

I was about to question the same thing. I'm in excess of 225K and on OEM convertor with an agressive tune.

twinsteve
November 16th, 2011, 02:19
I was about to question the same thing. I'm in excess of 225K and on OEM convertor with an agressive tune.

My converter went at 45k miles....no tune or aggressive driving....just luck of the draw to some extent IMO

Bigglezworth
November 16th, 2011, 02:30
My converter went at 45k miles....no tune or aggressive driving....just luck of the draw to some extent IMOParts could have been assembled on a Monday or a Friday. One never knows for certain. It's merely ironic I believe as I have a service file documenting all repairs and general maintenance over those 225K and it's 1.5" thick.... Lots of things done. Just not a converter. lol

4.2Crew
November 16th, 2011, 12:25
SOLD... Appears to be for $19k...

lswing
November 17th, 2011, 03:56

That mileage is awesome! Trying to catch up to you:) My TC went at 85k with a tune and mixed driving...