PDA

View Full Version : Need help with 55K service

as350
November 13th, 2011, 23:59
Where is the cabin pollen filter located? How do I get to it?:mech:

I am almost finished with performing the 55K service, but have run up against a slight problem. My ancient garage laptop, which had the Bentley manual installed, has stopped working. All my new computers are 64-bit and the Bentley software only operates on 32-bit operating systems. In other words, I no longer have access to the manual. :vhmmm:

From the 55K list, I still need to replace the fuel filter and the cabin pollen filter. The fuel filter seems to be pretty straight forward, maybe a little bit of a pain in the ass to get to, but I can see that I will have to remove the aux fuel pump bracket to gain access to the filter. However, I will need a little bit of help with the cabin pollen filter. Where does it go and how do I get to its location?

Elevens
November 14th, 2011, 00:47
Open hood, Remove the Rubber moulding and Plastic cover just below the windshield (above the back of the engine). The Cabin filter is located on the lower left. Hope this helps.................

JSRS6
November 14th, 2011, 00:54
Make sure you reinstall it correctly, else it will buckle on the side and not work correctly. You have to lift the rear of the filter up onto a ledge in the housing. As another reference point it is just to the left of the coolant reservoir underneath the cowl.

as350
November 14th, 2011, 01:11
Thanks guys. That's where I was half expecting it to be, just hadn't looked yet.