PDA

View Full Version : What should I do about this?

4everRS
November 13th, 2011, 08:09
Well, I just mounted my winter wheels (stockers), and noticed something disturbing.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/rrcrack1.jpg

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/rrcrack2.jpg

As you can see, I have a cracked rim on the INSIDE lip of the wheel. It is from the Right Rear. I really am not sure how it happened. All I can think of is at the track event I was at recently, there was a "training" session in which I was able to get the tail out a few times, a couple of which resulted in a full spin.

I need ideas on what to do with this.

SzymekCRX
November 13th, 2011, 08:24
Only aluminium DC welding I think but it will not be the same overall rim strength anymore :(

This crack will become bigger and bigger with time... just as a broken windshield

JSRS6
November 13th, 2011, 12:45
Where did you get the rims?

ttboost
November 13th, 2011, 12:48
Junk it..not worth it...Not many people can fix a cracked rim and have it last. Not worth a few bucks to have a wheel come apart anyway...not to mention the piece of mind while you are driving...

JSRS6
November 13th, 2011, 12:51
Any kind of warranty from where you got the rims?

MaxRS6
November 13th, 2011, 13:25
Agreed- time to replace that sucker- Don't take a chance with having that wheel fly apart on the heavy beasta..

ttboost
November 13th, 2011, 13:32
Agreed- time to replace that sucker- Don't take a chance with having that wheel fly apart on the heavy beasta..

Yep...not pretty...consider it a 1-time $400 insurance policy...

4everRS
November 13th, 2011, 15:04
You guys are probably right. I'll just replace it. I bought them from the audi dealer. I will check with them about warranty, but I think since there is a chunk of metal chipped out, I bet they wouldnt honor a warranty.

JSRS6
November 13th, 2011, 18:19
You guys are probably right. I'll just replace it. I bought them from the audi dealer. I will check with them about warranty, but I think since there is a chunk of metal chipped out, I bet they wouldnt honor a warranty.

manufacturer defect, kyle...

JSRS6
November 13th, 2011, 18:20
especially if there is no damage on tire...

4everRS
November 13th, 2011, 19:44
Unfortunately, there is damage to the tire that you can't see in the crappy pic. Or wait, maybe there isn't ........hmmmm
especially if there is no damage on tire...