PDA

View Full Version : Front Passenger Leak

Chung
November 12th, 2011, 17:38
My car has sprung a leak :(

I am having trouble finding the source and was wondering if the brain trust here had any ideas.

Oil and Coolant appear to be at an ok level but hydraulic is a little low. It also feels a little like hydraulic fluid though I am not an expert. Are there any hydraulic lines on the passenger side?

Thanks,

http://www.rs6.com/images/misc/pencil.png

SzymekCRX
November 12th, 2011, 17:45
Power steering ? Highly possible. Steering column/gear

SteveKen
November 13th, 2011, 02:57
Looks like the trans mount failed and all the fluid leaked out of it. They are liquid filled, btw.

ben916
November 13th, 2011, 03:30
INTERESTING!!!

I have a leak that I thought was trans gasket leak as the shifting was $hitty - according to PureMS, that was not the problem.

So there is a trans mount that is liquid filled?
What about motor mounts?

speedtrapped
November 13th, 2011, 03:53
Hmmmm, I have leaking fluid as well, and now a strange clunk when car is is engaging lower gears.... I look under car and checked every bolt, nada. I actually thought it was a mount as well, all linkages are tight. My motor mounts are stern, and brand new. I think maybe u may have led me on a new path. But if mount goes, would drive lone shimmy? Mine does not, smooth as silk. The clunking is altogether an uncomfortable sound.

JSRS6
November 13th, 2011, 05:51
Ummmmmm...trans mount is hydraulic? isn't it only engine mounts that are that type?

speedtrapped
November 15th, 2011, 18:54
did we ever clarify if the trans mounts are liquid filled?? I may be buying some Apikol's to go along w/ diff mount

JSRS6
November 15th, 2011, 18:57
They definitely aren't. I triple checked yesterday.

speedtrapped
November 15th, 2011, 18:59
Ty....seems like an easy swap? but since my car would be on jack stands, PIA? support trans, remove a side at time, but wonder if I would be able to get hand on top to remove nut....let me guess, cradle loosed, and transverse bar, lower trans?