PDA

View Full Version : Unusual buzz

mdegracia
November 10th, 2011, 12:45
Each morning and after pretty much every startup, I get a buzz through my driver side front wheel, as if I am driving over tightly spaced rumble strips. Only for a very brief moment and just at the 2 - 3 shift in D and I am driving "normal"...

Thoughts? I will run Vagcom this weekend, but no ECS or ABS lights come on.

JSRS6
November 10th, 2011, 14:19
So it only happens during the shift, leading up to the shift? Particular speed? turning? If you shift back to second, back into D, then accelerate, will it replicate?

JSRS6
November 10th, 2011, 14:20
How certain are you that its coming from the wheel/hub area?

mdegracia
November 10th, 2011, 14:40
Straight line, about 20-25mph. I need to experiemtn more, maybe it's just the way D is...
I am fairly certain it is from the wheel/hub. Definitely coming from the driverside front.

On a side note: are there brake pad shims for the calipers on this car? The previous owner changed the pads and I think they are clunking/clacking...thinking they ditched the shims...if so, Part Numbers pease.

JSRS6
November 10th, 2011, 14:42
There are, dont know the PN though.

ben916
November 10th, 2011, 18:26
On a side note: are there brake pad shims for the calipers on this car? The previous owner changed the pads and I think they are clunking/clacking...thinking they ditched the shims...if so, Part Numbers pease.

ETKA does not have a part number for that, at least I didn't find it...