PDA

View Full Version : 17125

Mudguts
November 8th, 2011, 21:17
Here we go...

I too have read a ton of posts on this subject, but didn't expect that I would be dealing with the dreaded 17125 at 55K miles of normal use. No crazy launches or attempts to set records. No meth, tune or modes - just regular day-to-day stuff. Oh well.

Here's the log:

Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 01L-927-156.lbl
Part No: 4B0 927 156 FL
Component: AG5 01L 4.2l5VT USA 0305
Coding: 0000002
Shop #: WSC 00000 785 00200
VCID: 76E81B8E785C
1 Fault Found:
17125 - Torque Converter Clutch: Stuck OFF / No Power being transferred
P0741 - 003 - Mechanical Failure - MIL ON

I am taking it to an Audi Dealer (in Toronto) and Audi Pure Protection confirmed coverage with the caveat that they would send an independent adjuster to varify due to the cost of repair.

What do I do to ensure that this wont happen again? Is the updated TC from Audi the way to go or should I insist of some sort of upgrade to make it more robust??

Any input would be appreciated (I did search this topic and read a ton, but am still a little hazzy on how to go under the Pure Protection Plan).

Many thanks,
MG

lswing
November 8th, 2011, 21:30
Get the TC rebuilt by A.C.E. There are multiple threads on it. I'm trying to sell my old TC core, you need one for a rebuild. Takes him a few days to rebuild, if you can let your car sit for a week or so that will work. Shop labor, about $1500-2, rebuild $450 or so...good luck with the process.

JSRS6
November 8th, 2011, 21:31
Chances are, the dealer will only install a tc it gets from Audi. Even if it is the updated seal. I would go to an Indy shop and get them to send out your tc for rebuild.

ttboost
November 8th, 2011, 23:13
..and if you can, don't drive it anymore, until it is fixed. Driving it (especially aggressively) will only exacerbate the problem and accelerate your transmission failure too.

QuattroRS
November 9th, 2011, 00:39
New audi TC may be the best for you at this point in time.

Your TC may have lasted longer if you upgrated the TCU chip with a MTM unit. I would suggest you getting the MTM TCU chip after this repair.

ttboost
November 9th, 2011, 00:41
New audi TC may be the best for you at this point in time.

Your TC may have lasted longer if you upgrated the TCU chip with a MTM unit. I would suggest you getting the MTM TCU chip after this repair.

....or before....

4everRS
November 9th, 2011, 03:07
From what I've been told, Audi used rubber seals in parts of the tc and that's what fails. They now use vicon seals instead and they last much longer. Once the seal fails, the rest fails. Andre at ACE has been told several times that the new Audi TC's use new seals, but he still see's them fail. ACE not only uses vicon seals on the TC, the internals are also cryo treated.

As Josh said, I think the dealership will say they'll only use an Audi product.

Mudguts
November 9th, 2011, 03:23
Any idea if Audi Pure Protection will allow me to use ACE?

JSRS6
November 9th, 2011, 03:46
As stated before, find a good Indy shop that the warranty company will let you use.

QuattroRS
November 9th, 2011, 04:50
Oh Canada had say 85 C5 RS6s.

What are the chances of finding a good indy with RS6 engine R/R knowledge?

hahnmgh63
November 9th, 2011, 04:57
For QuattroRS, slim to none. But you might try PM'ing Pallette to see if he's still onboard as he may know. Not sure what part of Canada your in. Pallette was located in Toronto and did a few mods to his car and was definitely a car guy who probably knows some good shops in that area.

ttboost
November 9th, 2011, 11:34
Yeah, he sent my core to ACE too, but not sure if he used a dealer or an indy..I think an Indy...