PDA

View Full Version : driver door squeeking....

bakes
November 8th, 2011, 18:07
Hi all,

While this is not a big issue, I have found that my drivers door sqeeks when I go over bumps. It's not terribly loud by is getting more and more annoying. Is there some way to adjust the door? I'm not sure how to pinpoint the issue or deduce whether the door is too high or too low on the hinge? The squeek is coming behind my left shoulder where the door engage the locking hinge.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be welcome. I don't think it's just a matter of lubricating the foam seam as I've tried that.

Brav
November 8th, 2011, 18:54
I have found its the weather stripping.. I think the rubber gets tacky over time. With light body flex, you can hear it rub. My thought was actually to get some light oil and oil it.. or some other type of protectant.

Crack the windows and see if you hear it still.. in my case it nearly goes away. With windows up, I get noise.

4everRS
November 9th, 2011, 03:48
OK I have this too. I have tried Gummi Pfeldge, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

marklar182
November 9th, 2011, 13:28
I keep my seals conditioned with Aerospace 303.

A little lithium based lube on the latch mechanism may also help.

4everRS
November 9th, 2011, 14:10
I have a bottle of 303. I will try that on the seals instead.

speedtrapped
November 9th, 2011, 14:22
lube the hinges....my squeeked at locking mech and hinges....lubed them both and squeek gone.

bakes
November 9th, 2011, 15:14
lube the hinges....my squeeked at locking mech and hinges....lubed them both and squeek gone.

I'll be trying that tonight. What did you use as lube on the hinges??

speedtrapped
November 9th, 2011, 21:00
I forgot, I have to look when I get home, its a spray lithium grease I think

mik15
January 4th, 2012, 17:09
have you solved the problem? I have this too and i think it has do with the rubber which gets dry in time, after i took the car from Zaino detailing the squeak was gone but then after a few washes it seems like it's coming back again..

bakes
January 4th, 2012, 17:17
Mine was actually where the locking bracket was (similiar to speedtrapped). I used a q-tip and some white lithium greese and worked it into every joined in the lock. Afterwards, my squeek disappeared.

Unfortunatley I've now got one in my drivers side recaro seat. That may just be due to the harsher suspension and it squeeks much less so than the door one did. Will have to wait for spring to search for that one now that winter has arrived!

mik15
January 4th, 2012, 19:23
i think mine also squeaks because of the locking bracket, i was driving today with the window rolled down a bit and i could still hear the noise, i will try to grease it...though i did before but not very well, just on the visible part, didn't go any further inside the latch...