PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Set of OE rims...

Mikk23
November 7th, 2011, 19:09
Well, I'm back from a long year in Afghanistan just in time for an upstate NY winter. My beast is actually at the Syracuse dealer in need of a transmission at the moment...the warranty company hasn't said yay or nay yet...hopefully I find out more on that soon, but that gives me some time to search for some new snow shoes. Any one have a spare set of OEM rims out there? Or a good alternative? Thanks!

nistah
November 7th, 2011, 19:12
I've got a set of OE wheels which ride straight but do have acurb rash. They are currently mounted with PS2 tires. PM me with an offer if your interested

speedtrapped
November 7th, 2011, 19:18
welcome back....if you run into a problem on the trans LMK.....I have a rebuilt, with uprated valvebody and TQ, not used, so 0 miles on it since rebuilt. Dion, at Drive aoutoworks had the rebuilt done. I am thinking of moving it for a very good price, def cheaper then $4500.00 + a dealer would charge.

na1mt
November 8th, 2011, 00:13
I have a set of OEM wheels that I will sell, $450+shipping

chrisaudi4.2
November 8th, 2011, 01:08
na1mt. you have a PM.

speedtrapped
November 8th, 2011, 02:00
wow christian ur fast

chrisaudi4.2
November 8th, 2011, 02:15
lol @ speedtrapped.

JSRS6
November 8th, 2011, 02:31
Those should go to mikk first since he is the OP...just sayin...

4everRS
November 8th, 2011, 02:34
Agreed......
Those should go to mikk first since he is the OP...just sayin...

lswing
November 8th, 2011, 03:26
Thread and wheel hijack!

na1mt
November 8th, 2011, 04:30
If Mikk doesn't want them they are Christian's. Have delt with him in past and was nice and easy deal. 24 hours on hold for Mikk.

Mikk23
November 10th, 2011, 17:19
Well...thanks to na1mt for the offer. I've got bigger problems than wheels...warranty company denied my claim for the tranny. I hope Christian enjoys them. Speedtrapped...gonna send you a pm about that tranny...*sigh*

speedtrapped
November 10th, 2011, 17:26
Ok....the trans is available. It was rebuilt by Dion at Drive Autoworks in Lyndhurst NJ(he had sent out) new uprated VB, clutch packs, and TQ.

skribe
November 10th, 2011, 18:02
Well...thanks to na1mt for the offer. I've got bigger problems than wheels...warranty company denied my claim for the tranny. I hope Christian enjoys them. Speedtrapped...gonna send you a pm about that tranny...*sigh*

Oh, that sucks. What company and what was their logic?

Mikk23
November 10th, 2011, 18:23
Ok...so I take it back lol. It was through Zurich and their reason was because the car is chipped...which...can't really fault them for that logic. But I called them up after being told they denied my claim and was like...hey I'm not trying to start an argument or anything and I understand your logic for denying the claim. However, I purchased a warranty that apparently I could never truly use. The car was inspected and given the okay and I forked over four thousand bucks. I asked for a refund minus any payouts they had done on the contract (about 800$ worth) but they told me they could only prorate me based on the time remaining and offered 1800 of the original 4k. I asked if they could do better based on the car being parked for the past year while I was deployed to Afghanistan but they said its all about time remaining. I told them I needed to think about it and ended the conversation. Well...apparently about thirty minutes went by and they called the service manager who has been working my car at the Syracuse dealership and said they had reviewed the claim a second time and decided to cover 100% to include a cv boot and control arm bushings. So...I'm a pretty happy camper at this point. The folks at Zurich did me right. The service manager said, "I don't know what you told them but it worked," when he called me a few minutes ago. So...about two weeks and I should be back on the road! I think a celebratory brew is in order.

bmlee007
November 10th, 2011, 18:46
Congrats on your win versus the insurance company, and I have some Franziskaner in the fridge for you. Well, it's for me, but I'll toast you while I drink it. If you're in town next summer when I pass through on my way to Montreal for F1, I'll buy you one then.

JSRS6
November 10th, 2011, 18:50
Wooo hooo!! How bout dem rims? Lol