PDA

View Full Version : RS3, Suzuka Grey will it ever appear !!??

RSJACK
October 30th, 2011, 10:55
Hi

Has anyone any info on suzuka grey ??.

I havent had any info from Audi since July when i was told it would be released in October ???!!!

Moschops
November 1st, 2011, 12:19
No idea fella, mines been ordered in Suzuka Grey too and I've had two requests now to consider another colour. :nono:

Moschops
November 9th, 2011, 00:26
Spoke to the supplying dealer on Monday regarding Suzuka Grey issue and why you can order an R8, TTRS and RS5 in that colour but Audi have dropped their handbag with the RS3. Dealer placed a call to the R8 team and they are going to reply hopefully by Thursday once they have spoken to Ghmb.....:race: (or whatever they are called):revs:

doodlebug
November 9th, 2011, 14:10
Well, if the news over on tyresmoke is anything to go by, it's going to be a wait. Apparently Audi have stopped RHD production until week 13, hence it is not a colour issue, it's a general production issue. I have no build date for my car, whilst it is MY12, I'd expect to have had something, and it's Sepang blue.

s3dbw
November 9th, 2011, 16:38
Well, if the news over on tyresmoke is anything to go by, it's going to be a wait. Apparently Audi have stopped RHD production until week 13, hence it is not a colour issue, it's a general production issue. I have no build date for my car, whilst it is MY12, I'd expect to have had something, and it's Sepang blue.

Do you have a link for this news on the tyresmoke site?

Thanks

doodlebug
November 9th, 2011, 16:44
http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-rs/134410-rs3-suzuka-grey-will-ever-appear.html

s3dbw
November 9th, 2011, 17:10
http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-rs/134410-rs3-suzuka-grey-will-ever-appear.html

Thanks

regards

tailpipe
November 9th, 2011, 17:42
This is very strange. There seems no logical explanation. Perhaps Audi is deliberately trying to constrain the supply of grey RS3s, so the Uk is not over-run with them? Or Maybe the Gyor factory has a real bandwidth problem with its paintshop, i.e it can only produce a limited range of colours at any one time.

In situations where you get no answer from the people you would reasonably expect to provide one, it is always best to go to the top. When my RS3's gearbox failed after just 1,000 miles, I contacted the dealer principal straightaway. It is essential to be polite and courteous. Anger only alienates. Let your lawyer get angry if it ever comes to confrontation.

If the problem is one that involves Audi UK interacting with AUdi AG, sometimes it may be better to go straight to Audi AG. If I were you, I would right a registered letter to Rupert Stadler (Worldwide Head of Audi) or Martin Winterkorn (Worldwide Head of the entire VW Group). Ask for a simple explanation of why the problem has occurred and whether a fix has been created.

Soon, Martin Sander, the new Head of Audi UK will arrive and this should lead to much smoother chain of responsibility in Britain. There has been no proper General Manager at AUDI UK since earlier this year, when Jeremy Hicks, the previous incumbent, left the Company.

With the new A3 now ready to go, Audi has to get a move on with RS3s. Despite my own problems, it remains an amazing machine that will be well worth the wait.

Moschops
November 9th, 2011, 21:30

Yeah seen that one, tend not to go on there these days ...too much shite....:idea: and willy waving...:mech:

I'm in no rush for mine so happy to wait :incar: But feel for those who are in a situation where they need the replacement ASAP.

My dealer has been briliant and keeping in the loop even if there is no news. So no complaint there, but the none delivery of Suzuka Grey on the RS3 when it's freely available on other cars is not good I must admit. :vhmmm:

Tailpipe, yes agree with you on the car having test driven one several months ago.:love:

doodlebug
November 9th, 2011, 21:35
Yeah seen that one, tend not to go on there these days ...too much shite....:idea: and willy waving...:mech:

Ha ha, yes, especially in relation to this car. It's definitely marmite.

I'm also happy to wait, but, I won't be happy if the car isn't due until 2H, which seems highly likely now, and it's still a full price car. I'm going to look at Golf R again, I'd prefer the RS3, but I'm not going to be stuffed by it.

Moschops
November 10th, 2011, 21:48
News from Audi today...:applause: First batch of Suzuka Grey RS3's are due to be built mid December then a second batch at the end of January.....:0:

Fingers crossed. :thumb: