PDA

View Full Version : Clicking sound from 0-20mph

sandcam
October 28th, 2011, 21:21
I've got to ask this question as this is driving me nuts. When I accelerate mildly from 0 to about 20mph there is a clicking sound that appears to be coming from the headlight switch area. I don't know if there is some type of relay or something back there but it makes a bunch of fast clicks at random intervals and then seems to go away. I only seem to hear it from a dead stop. It is definitely an electronic click and not a physical rattle of something being loose. I am totally scratching my head on this one. Any ideas?

MaxRS6
October 28th, 2011, 21:52
tracking device secretly placed by SO's private detective that has heard rumors of deprived activity taking place in the car. Just my wild less than .03 worth guess as it happened to me a couple of times...00 Good luck on finding your demon and maybe some of the other experts will chime in with coherent responses.

speedtrapped
October 28th, 2011, 22:17
There are a lot of relays behind that area. Remove the under side of dash below steering wheel, drive with somebody who can listen with you. I am not electrician, and car electronics are a mystery to me.

4everRS
October 28th, 2011, 23:43
ROFL Max.

Sandcam, mine does it too, and has for the two+ years I've owned it. It only happens within a minute or so of startup.
tracking device secretly placed by SO's private detective that has heard rumors of deprived activity taking place in the car. Just my wild less than .03 worth guess as it happened to me a couple of times...00 Good luck on finding your demon and maybe some of the other experts will chime in with coherent responses.

Brav
October 29th, 2011, 00:38
actually my car does this too.. coming from dash. happens more when I am going up a hill. it clicks fast 4 times, then again every 3-4 seconds. temp seems to have an affect on it. definitely some kind of relay

mmaturo
October 31st, 2011, 05:21
It is sooooooooooooooooo soooooooooooo much fun reading posts today with the new rounds of owners....old old problem that you just get to live with. Its a relay, it likes to click away a bit and happens way more once temps fall outside below say 60. Nothing you can do about it.

mmaturo
October 31st, 2011, 05:34
and the glove box squeaking (took 3 of those to fix it), the seat belt anchor rub/squeak (break out the double side sticky and some velvet or other fabric) and the little mouse up near the front of the drivers side window (keep those seals moist)... but all beats the what starts out sounding like a loose screw rolling around inside the door or rear banging around in the back passenger rear of a failing DRC over and over again. Do miss the V8 rumble though.

papadoc
November 1st, 2011, 01:07
and the glove box squeaking (took 3 of those to fix it), the seat belt anchor rub/squeak (break out the double side sticky and some velvet or other fabric) and the little mouse up near the front of the drivers side window (keep those seals moist)... but all beats the what starts out sounding like a loose screw rolling around inside the door or rear banging around in the back passenger rear of a failing DRC over and over again. Do miss the V8 rumble though.

Nice to see you still checking in, Mark. Hope the new ride is serving you well!

mmaturo
November 3rd, 2011, 02:17
Nice to see you still checking in, Mark. Hope the new ride is serving you well!

Thanks! Indeed it is, surprised still at just how fast the car is with the Stasis tuning, may be hard to part with it when the RS5 shows up. Still enjoy reading the posts and wondering if my old car will pop up as someone indeed did by it from my dealership.