PDA

View Full Version : RS6 carpet mat FAIL

kismetcapitan
October 28th, 2011, 13:50
so I snapped up a set of new RS6 carpets from someone in Canada for what should have been a bargain price of $250 shipped. And...the fit is questionable, but glaringly...the mat mounts don't line up. I mean, not even close - 2-3" off on the front!!

So that answers the question why these were never used. I need to look at the label more closely, but it was in German.

The embroidered RS6 is a nice touch, and carpets versus all-weather rubber mats makes the car a bit more cozy. But the ad was for RS6-embroidered mats...said nothing about mats FOR te RS6 IIRC.

caveat emptor :(

ben916
October 28th, 2011, 16:49
bummer.... but I would say All Weather Mats and be done with it...

kismetcapitan
October 28th, 2011, 17:44
wife doesn't like the all weather mats I have now; when she drives, she takes off her shoes....?

RSSIK
October 28th, 2011, 17:45
bummer.... but I would say All Weather Mats and be done with it...

^^^ +1 All weather All the way. Cant go wrong with them. Keep mine in all year around. Better be safe than sorry. ^^^

ben916
October 28th, 2011, 19:56
Well the knucklehead that owned mine prior to me, he wore a hole all the way thru! with his heal in the drivers side, yet the other matts are pristine.
This is the same guy that had the front struts replace FOUR times and the front door cards TWICE yet he can't seem to see that the floor mat has an EFFIN' hole in it...

JSRS6
October 28th, 2011, 21:34
Mine is the same way Ben. I'm pretty sure mine are a6 mats anyway as the hole under my right thigh doesn't quite line up and comes undone regularly. Btw, super sports on the rs6...tits! Can't get em to squeal or lose traction.

vitalian
October 28th, 2011, 23:15
If your wife doesn't like the all weather mats, it's probably because she's trying to drive in shoes with a substantial heel. If you try to drive in heels with the all weather mats, the heel can get stuck in the channels, which are fairly deep (which is also what makes the all weather mats so effective).

Tell her to do what I do -- keep a pair of driving flats in the car! It's safer to drive in flats anyway.

I love my all weather mats -- I live in Seattle, where mud is ubiquitous and basically considered a condiment!

4everRS
October 28th, 2011, 23:41
Huh, never would have had this perspective.

Kisme, I don't use rubber mats either. For some reason I like the carpets, an replace them when they start to wear.
If your wife doesn't like the all weather mats, it's probably because she's trying to drive in shoes with a substantial heel. If you try to drive in heels with the all weather mats, the heel can get stuck in the channels, which are fairly deep (which is also what makes the all weather mats so effective).

Tell her to do what I do -- keep a pair of driving flats in the car! It's safer to drive in flats anyway.

I love my all weather mats -- I live in Seattle, where mud is ubiquitous and basically considered a condiment!

amanda
October 29th, 2011, 00:19
Huh, never would have had this perspective.

Kisme, I don't use rubber mats either. For some reason I like the carpets, an replace them when they start to wear.

Me too and I drive in heels :jlol:

SAF
October 29th, 2011, 01:58
I put all-weathers in the week I got the car and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Pull 'em out, hose 'em off and they look like new. And so does the carpet.

twinsteve
October 29th, 2011, 14:22
I am assuming the OEM carpet/mats are same as for A6? Haven;t ever looked and mine are in fine shape, but just wondering.....

JSRS6
October 29th, 2011, 17:49
nope, the driver mat is different for rs6, different trans well.

mmaturo
October 31st, 2011, 05:16
Well the knucklehead that owned mine prior to me, he wore a hole all the way thru! with his heal in the drivers side, yet the other matts are pristine.
This is the same guy that had the front struts replace FOUR times and the front door cards TWICE yet he can't seem to see that the floor mat has an EFFIN' hole in it...

Since indeed I'm one of the few complete idiots who paid the mother-ship Quattro gmbh over $700 for the original OEM RS6 mats years ago with the logo and leather stitching...they are CRAP so it was not the owner...first problem I too wore a hole through the drivers side mat in one summer with just men's dress shoes for work etc that I wear daily. The carpet is a cut pile rather than looped like our standard mats and do not hold up at all. Also my driver's side mat does not exactly align with the tabs so i have to really force it on or leave one side unattached...so I have since added a heel pad for the worn spot so they are OK but were a waste otherwise. I have a set if someone wants them and i have no RS6 so do not need them...can send pics. Black with silver piping but the piping needs to be touched up on the fronts, plus i have a set of rears with black piping and one with silver piping...no logo but are indeed the special order mats as I had a set of rears given to me by a fellow RS6er.

kismetcapitan
October 31st, 2011, 05:40
neither hole lines up with my mats up front - not even close, and only one hole fits for the rears...did anyone go through this with the original mats? I wonder who made mine then.

The rubber all-weather mats I have though fit perfect, and indeed has saved the carpet from some big spills. Just pull over, carefully remove the mat, then pour it out, wipe down, and you're good to go. The all-weather mats can hold in place a surprising amount of liquid!

ben916
October 31st, 2011, 16:05
Since indeed I'm one of the few complete idiots who paid the mother-ship Quattro gmbh over $700 for the original OEM RS6 mats years ago with the logo and leather stitching...they are CRAP so it was not the owner...first problem I too wore a hole through the drivers side mat in one summer with just men's dress shoes for work etc that I wear daily. The carpet is a cut pile rather than looped like our standard mats and do not hold up at all. Also my driver's side mat does not exactly align with the tabs so i have to really force it on or leave one side unattached...so I have since added a heel pad for the worn spot so they are OK but were a waste otherwise. I have a set if someone wants them and i have no RS6 so do not need them...can send pics. Black with silver piping but the piping needs to be touched up on the fronts, plus i have a set of rears with black piping and one with silver piping...no logo but are indeed the special order mats as I had a set of rears given to me by a fellow RS6er.

My reply was more of a observation of the original owner, that he was more focused on something else versus what he could see everyday entering/exiting the car... not a jab at original owners.

mmaturo
October 31st, 2011, 16:09
My reply was more of a observation of the original owner, that he was more focused on something else versus what he could see everyday entering/exiting the car... not a jab at original owners.

oops, i think you read unintended tone into my response....not my intention at all. I was not defending the owner(s) just saying the mats are crap. But if somebody wants mine...

Spidercat
November 2nd, 2011, 00:29
neither hole lines up with my mats up front - not even close, and only one hole fits for the rears...did anyone go through this with the original mats? I wonder who made mine then.

Sorry to hear about your mats. Bummer. So, they sent you C5 A6 mats w/RS6 logo, or C6 RS6 mats?
The ones I got from Sabine fit perfectly, and are still in great condition (although I rarely have passengers in my car and I kinda baby the interior anyway).