PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen RS3 Sportback.

The Pretender
October 24th, 2011, 07:49
Made a quick Next Gen RS3 Sportback out off a "Auto Express" A3 render.

HKS786
October 24th, 2011, 11:36
Will Audi make a 3dr variant for the next RS3? I think they should. The RS3 looks great from the front but not everyone likes the sportback design.

The Pretender
October 24th, 2011, 15:24
A 3-door RS3 will be to close to a TT RS, so i think we will see only a RS3 Sportback again.

HKS786
October 24th, 2011, 20:28
That's true. There's still the S3 3 door anyway.

PANZER
October 25th, 2011, 09:22
That rendering look pretty good better than the current version but i prefer the 3 door.

Its a shame that the RS3 is not available as a 3 door too the 3 door is sportier looking and weight a little less too and the RS3 is about sportiness as well as comfort and luxury.
Current A3 sportback is too estate looking in my taste ,the Golf Mk6 pulls of the 5 door look better than the A3 but i prefer the Golf as 3 door as well.

The Pretender
October 25th, 2011, 15:39
The hole RS story started with a Avant.

PANZER
October 26th, 2011, 00:48
The hole RS story started with a Avant.

Yes true but that doesn't mean they can not add a 3 door RS3 to the lineup.

tailpipe
October 28th, 2011, 11:04
Hey, Pretender, thanks for that!

It isn't clear whether there will be a next generation RS3 model. Judging by the success of the current RS3, I think we can be optimistic. It would be nice to have a 3-door version too. What would differentiate a 3-door RS3 and a TT-RS would be a difference in horse-power. It is already obvious that engine output is easily upgradeable, so maybe the TT-RS will get 40-50 bhp more and go on a diet - see TT-RS plus.

I wonder if the RS3's engine will find its way into the S3?

The Auto Express renderings are its own efforts to define the look of the next A3, not official pictures. Germany's Auto Motor und Sport, published its own version of the next A3 series, which show the same general look and feel. While broadly accurate, AMS's shape seems more cohesive and attractive than the British magazine's efforts suggest. Overall, the styling will be evolutionary rather than revolutionary. Even so, the revisions will make for a stylish car that's slightly longer and wider than the current model. Major changes are reserved for the interior. I think this is going to make the car very desirable. The new multi-media system will herald the arrival of next generation technology.

One unanswered question is this: I am hearing that there will be five not four body shapes: Coupe, Convertible, Sportback, Saloon and Avant. The Sportback will be as per the current hatchback, but the Avant will be more like the A4 model. I don't know if this rumour is true, but I think it would be a useful addition.