PDA

View Full Version : PSS9 Helper Springs?

yodavemac
October 18th, 2011, 01:01
I have PSS9's on my RS 6 and the from helper springs are completely compressed even when the car is off the ground. The rears are fine but with the fronts it seems like the suspension isn't able to use all its travel because the springs may be too light. Any insight?

hahnmgh63
October 18th, 2011, 02:12
Is your ride height lowered or raised in general? They are not really helper springs, they are used by Bilstein because they don't really make a RS6 specific strut, they use one that has a little longer shaft then you would want on a RS6 so they put the little compression spring on to keep the normal spring from flopping around while the car is in the air or possibly happening over a dip or hill crest. If your ride height is set a bit too high or your main springs are a little too soft you are making up for it by threading the coilover collars higher which compresses the short positioning spring. When the weight is on the car it should be completely compressed but not when the weight is off the car....normally. Once again it depends on what main spring you are using and where your ride height is set at.

hahnmgh63
October 18th, 2011, 02:36
11856Here's a pic of my assembled KW's.