PDA

View Full Version : EGT Problem, it's always something

hahnmgh63
October 16th, 2011, 00:46
So, ECS sold me the wrong EGT Sensors, about 6 months ago and because I didn't inspect them until now, they say it has been too long to return them. They gave me the sensors for the 2.7t which are much shorter. So now I need to order the correct ones before I can install the engine, no use putting the old sensors back in.
Can anyone tell me, is the Brown sensor (plug) for the left side? Or the right?

speedtrapped
October 16th, 2011, 02:28
Mark, if u like I have an extra set still attached to my old motor. They were running fine, but I do not know how old they are, I never had a problem. You can have them, just pay shipping.

hahnmgh63
October 16th, 2011, 02:49
I appreciate the offer on the EGT's, I have my old ones and they were fine also, I just figured replace them before I re-install the engine/tranny At least I've got all of the right O2 sensors. Still wondering if anyone happens to know if the Brown connector EGT is the left side? Thanks

hahnmgh63
October 22nd, 2011, 23:32
Just got the new EGT sensors finally. For anybody that cares the part #'s have been updated the 077919529E had a 'L' designation and the 077919529E was changed to a 'F' designation. Genuine only lists the 'F' as a separate sensors so it may be used elseware. You need to order the two sensor kit which is 077998124 but they are still color coded black & brown with the same sensor lead lengths.