PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal bulbs

lswing
October 14th, 2011, 18:35
So I was thinking of removing the yellow plastic from my headlights. After that, I don't really want to see the orange bulb so much, and am mixed on the led switcher bulbs. I was thinking of trying to find an orange bulb with the chrome top, like the ones on the side blinkers, at least I believe that's what they are. Any one try this or have other turn signal solutions for clear headlights?

speedtrapped
October 14th, 2011, 19:07
josh has the part # and link, I forgot....sure he will chime in

JSRS6
October 14th, 2011, 19:17
http://www.stealthbulbs.com/index.php/stealth-bulbs/stealth-bulbs-3157.html

lswing
October 14th, 2011, 19:58
Excellent, thanks much!

Elevens
October 14th, 2011, 21:14
Yea, the LED switchers look bad to me. That's because there clearly visible through the lens. Just doesn't look good. Where as the Stealth bulbs are practically invisible and turn amber when switched on. The only way to go...........................

skribe
October 14th, 2011, 22:46
I've had mirror bulbs and switchbacks. In the end, I decided I like the white running lights and the crisp blink on the LED switchbacks. Some think white running lights looks a bit rice, but I think with cleared corners and clean headlight lenses, the car pulls it off. For me it does anyway.

But yeah, they are fugly little corncobs when the lights are off in the daytime.

Elevens
October 15th, 2011, 00:08
I've had mirror bulbs and switchbacks. In the end, I decided I like the white running lights and the crisp blink on the LED switchbacks. Some think white running lights looks a bit rice, but I think with cleared corners and clean headlight lenses, the car pulls it off. For me it does anyway.

But yeah, they are fugly little corncobs when the lights are off in the daytime.

Yea, that's what I mean. The corncob look is what I don't like. But they are definitely Brighter and whiter. From what I remember though, there is some delay from when you hit the signal to when the LED actually responds due to the switchback feature. Which at high speeds could be a safety issue. And lets not forget they are much more expensive.......................

skribe
October 15th, 2011, 00:30
They blink amber instantly. There's a little .5 sec lag when they pop back to white.