PDA

View Full Version : Getting the AC to throw cold air in fall

nistah
October 13th, 2011, 18:11
Now that I used the heat once I seem to be having a hard time getting the AC to throw cold air even when both climate controls are set to low. Am I missing something here ? Thanks,

lswing
October 13th, 2011, 18:54
Econ button on? Doesn't allow AC...

kismetcapitan
October 13th, 2011, 19:15
econ button off = AC is on by default.

Brav
October 13th, 2011, 20:29
Should be a bit more specific about it.. just started happening? intermittent? and yes.. the obvious question..... econ button??

Mine has intermittent problems, and I just realized whenever I just the car completely off and back on, it starts to work again miraculously. Only seems to not work after sitting after driving, or leaving in the sun.

nistah
October 14th, 2011, 14:38
Thanks guys my econ button is def on and worse I depress it but it will not light off? WTH? I will try again today to see if prob is intermittant.

Thanks again

Brav
October 14th, 2011, 16:36
relay/actuator?

Elevens
October 14th, 2011, 16:56
Thanks guys my econ button is def on and worse I depress it but it will not light off? WTH? I will try again today to see if prob is intermittant.

Thanks again

By "will not light off" I guess you mean it will not turn off. Sometimes that happens due to a sticky button. Play around with it, it may pop out. Mine sticks in sometimes also and I have to play around with it and it eventually pops out. Hopefully its that's simple....................

nistah
October 14th, 2011, 20:12
Still will not go off after playing with it, this along with my turn signals staying lit solid and not blinking is reminding me of when I drove a Ford Taurus, stupid things going wrong all the time. This stuff never happend with my Acura's or even my Jaguar :rolleyes:

Elevens
October 14th, 2011, 20:41
I know we have some problems with these cars. But please don't compare it to a JAG......................

lswing
October 14th, 2011, 20:54
Still will not go off after playing with it, this along with my turn signals staying lit solid and not blinking is reminding me of when I drove a Ford Taurus, stupid things going wrong all the time. This stuff never happend with my Acura's or even my Jaguar :rolleyes:

Watch it with that language on here...just kidding, I bet you could take the car in and get it fixed up good, sounds like multiple issues there...can be spendy though, good luck, and remember that there aren't too many cars that drive like an RS6. And you have heat, so you've got all winter to get it fixed:)