PDA

View Full Version : 4.2 and RS 6 body panels interchangeable?

skribe
October 11th, 2011, 19:59
They are, right? Not front and rear bumpers, but door skins, fenders, quarter panels.

4.2 fenders and hood are aluminum, und not schteel, correct?

Jimmy
October 11th, 2011, 21:47
Yes on all that...rocker covers are Rs6 specific tho too, you knew that.

Are the front fenders aluminum too? I thought just the hood on the RS6. Must check that.

JSRS6
October 11th, 2011, 21:57
Hood and front fenders are aluminum on both.

skribe
October 11th, 2011, 23:23
Thanks men. As I thought. I have a line on some salvage 4.2 bits that will allow me to repair the destruction some anonymous fool inflicted on my fender in the parking garage, and realize my heat extraction hood vent fantasies without chopping up my baby's bonnet.

kismetcapitan
October 12th, 2011, 00:02
planning to do a bonnet like the World Challenge RS6 race car? I've entertained vague thoughts of doing a replica (bodywork, not the livery) of the race car. One version had massively widened fenders, but most were essentially stock with bodywork, except the adjustable front spoiler, rear wing, and hood vents. Well, cutouts in the headlights for air intakes as well, but that's going a bit far :P

yokust
October 12th, 2011, 01:01
Yes all the main metal is same as 4.2. Hood, front fenders are Aluminum for sure

Lots of aftermarket companies make steel fenders for the 4.2, they dont list they fit RS6 but they do obviously they do. I have even seen them on RS6 after a wreck.