PDA

View Full Version : Eurocharged in Chicago?

kismetcapitan
October 10th, 2011, 16:14
do they still have a shop there? I can't find it on the website...but it's on their map. If there's a story behind it, fill me in before I call, sounding uninformed and stupid...?

speedtrapped
October 10th, 2011, 16:47
Jerry bought LET, I think..it was based in Chicago. He and his partner have sinced set up shop in Texas, been that way for over a year. He needs to update, writes great tune, but is stretched way thin....

speedtrapped
October 10th, 2011, 16:50
look at contact info...

http://www.letmotorsports.com/Contact_Us.asp

kismetcapitan
October 10th, 2011, 18:08
thanks for the link! I'll call them up, as I'm going to be in Chicago this weekend, and set up an appointment to swing by and get the Stage 2 flash.

Are they able to add brake boosting? I've left messages for Jerry but have yet to hear back. I'd prefer to have brake boosting on tap, rather than have to rev the engine three times with the brake down....

However...I did talk with my car's previous owner, who (he has a PhD) talked at length about the K04 turbo efficiency island and felt that the Stage 2 remap would push the turbos to the limit? Thoughts on that?

speedtrapped
October 10th, 2011, 18:15
If he does have brake boost its new...I had to flashes from here, 1 and 2 no BB. Also before I swapped engines/trans I was running stage2 eurocharged, Josh had a big dyno day back in Jan, on a dynojet, I made 426/506 at the wheels....those turbos maybe had a little more left, but I think you are on the edge. If you want to run more, say 26psi(which my set up is capable of), have scroll hybrid your turbos....they add a better CHRa(duel oil inlets and bearings), and add 5 mm to both wheels.....I think Scroll quoted me about 3500-4k all in. The bigger compressor wheel is the issue, he has to port the hell out of the housing, and the inlet where there is a rubber ring seal sits in a groove, the porting makes the area to thin. He cuts the inlet off and welds on a new set up. Scroll has a great rep. Some may say go with another turbo, price to price not sure if its =. That said, KO4's are very well made, and you basically have a brand new set of turbos that produce alot more boost.

speedtrapped
October 10th, 2011, 18:16
and so it begins.....