PDA

View Full Version : Revo tune

Brav
October 8th, 2011, 00:30
My local tuner/shop of choice is now a Revo dealer. I am thinking of trying this out after I clean my MAFs and confirm all is good.

From what I understand, no one has provided logs yet. They have a 30 day guarantee, so I should be able to try it out and post logs.. if problems, back to stock!

Has anyone posted logs?

lswing
October 8th, 2011, 00:36
Look at my issues possibly resultant of the Revo tune...or the previous tuner put too much boost with the tune...or.....been having problems logging data so it's tough to tell. The car does scream though:) Just a few bumps along the way:)

hahnmgh63
October 8th, 2011, 01:01
I've had the Revo tune for 4 years with no problems. I do use the SPS Select tune and Lemmiwinks to fine tune the boost & timing curves, took a while to get there. I have only used the SPS and Lemmiwinks for the last year and a half. If you go with the default Revo recommended settings (set by the installer), the car boosts well and a touch low on timing and fueling but overall very good. There was a Revo update about 2 years ago so if your Revo tune is much over that you may want to ask your dealer to flash the later update, I couldn't tell the difference, wish I had done logs before the new update. The SPS Select module basically lets you change the Boost & Timing within the same parameters that the installer can do, the Lemmiwinks (Also a Revo program but useable by all tunes and most VW/Audi products) just lets you fine tune a few things that Revo should have worked further on IMO.
If I didn't have a tune my first choice now wouldn't be Revo, I would go with Viper or Eurocharged. If I already have Revo then I would keep it if I'm not planning on doing many changes or in my case I need to tune out the Secondary Air Injections system and the rear O2 sensors so I'm going to be going with the Viper tune. Revo does have a rear Cat delete tune they call stage 2 (no boost, fuel, or timing changes from Stage 1) that codes out the rear O2 sensors, but nothing for the Secondary Air Injection system.

Spidercat
October 8th, 2011, 02:09
I never knew that about the secondary O2 sensor coded out after primary cat delete option w/Revo. I'll ask my installer about that. I got O2 spacers, which markedly improved the CEL problem, but if I can just delete it out entirely with a re-flash, all the better. Thanks!

hahnmgh63
October 8th, 2011, 04:11
Stage 2 Performance Software

Revo Stage 2 performance software has been developed to attain the best possible performance from cars with bolt on performance modifications such as a performance exhaust, sports or de cat, intake and intercooler. Stage 2 ties together the upgrades and is tuned to maximise their potential on your car.
Typically you can see another 10-15% on top of the gain from stock to stage1 when using the recommended hardware upgrades.
Stage 2 allows you to run a de-cat or sports cat without having a CEL (Check Engine Light) come on. It also gives you more flexibility with settings over stage 1 to make the most of the additional potential from the up-rated hardware. For details of required hardware specification please the specific product page for your vehicle or consult your local Revo dealer.

Spidercat
October 8th, 2011, 05:54
Well, there you go!
Thanks!
I've had Revo for maybe 3 years now, so I may need the upgrade anyway. Thanks again for the tip.

Brav
October 31st, 2011, 01:05
Just flashed it today.. Revo Stage 1. will report how things go, trying to dial in the settings. So far, I found out that timing and fuel have a max range of 4 I think, the higher settings won't work (up to 9).