PDA

View Full Version : Current recommendations for RS6 brake pads?

Amulet-S6
October 6th, 2011, 20:48
Last I heard EBC reds were the popular recommendation; Any change? Best source/price?

Thanks, Jim

4everRS
October 6th, 2011, 22:06
I have changed to EBC Yellows very recently. I used Red's and after several thousand miles, I noticed my rotors turning blue. There have been other reports of this too. For those who don't drive their car much, they wouldn't know it. It really took a while for it to show. The Yellows dust a little more, but still less than stock. I am in a track event this weekend and it will be the first REAL test of the yellows and I'll report back.

lswing
October 6th, 2011, 22:28
I've been running the hawk hps pads the last few months. They are quiet, don't dust much, but also could have more grab. Surfaced the rotors at the same time. They seem to do better once you get them heated up, and don't fade much, driving around town they are pretty good.

Spidercat
October 6th, 2011, 22:34
Posi Quiets at my last change (over a year). Also did Hi-Temp brake fluid and SS lines, already had Phaeton ducts, so don't know how much to attribute to pads only.
I'm happy: Really low dust, quiet, grab well for daily use after broken-in, even from cold.

skribe
October 7th, 2011, 00:59
EBC reds are too hard, you'll scorch your rotors. Currently running Hawk HPS and liking a lot.