PDA

View Full Version : Gas tank recall done, no drilling

Aronis
October 4th, 2011, 01:01
My gas tank recall was done. No drilling was needed.

The car has an access panel to get at the spot in question so I don't know what the big deal was about cutting a hole.

Mike

kismetcapitan
October 4th, 2011, 01:29
that's what I was told as well. They dropped the tank a couple inches, then went in through an existing access port under the rear seat to apply the epoxy.

JSRS6
October 4th, 2011, 02:01
I think that the original procedure didn't follow that. I'm sure one of the few good techs figured it out.

kismetcapitan
October 4th, 2011, 07:29
my tech (stealership) owns two C5 A6s; he very definitely knew his way around and with the car on the lift showed me exactly how he was going to do the recall work.

if the dealer wasn't so damned expensive, I'd be having this guy do all my work. Wonder if I can get his number and have him work freelance on my car?

Jimmy
October 4th, 2011, 14:21
That's good news !

...I've avoided getting it done (no gas smell yet) just because others said their dealers drilled a hole in the floor to get at it...which seems an awfully lazy way to do it .

Chung
January 10th, 2012, 04:10
I had my car at Barrier Audi last week getting the gas tank recall done, as well as having them fix my fuel senders. I can say that after having them assure me three or four times there was no hole drilled into my car either.

hahnmgh63
January 10th, 2012, 04:40
I'll probably end up taking my car to Barrier then too. I definitely don't want to take it to Larson in Tacoma.

Chung
January 10th, 2012, 04:41
I can give you my service advisors name. He should be able to help you out.

vitalian
January 11th, 2012, 19:03
Chung, if you could let me know that name as well, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to do the recall at Barrier also (although I'm not in a hurry because I don't have the fuel smell). Good to hear that there are no holes involved.

Jimmy
January 11th, 2012, 20:51
I finally had mine done a few weeks ago (with trepidation)...when I asked if they were going to drill a hole under the seat, the service advisor laughed and asked where the heck I heard that from...

Mighty bright of Audi to design in that access port.