PDA

View Full Version : Front diff drain plug potential and Stainless bolts for stock exhaust band clamps

mdegracia
October 3rd, 2011, 13:44
Changed by rear transmission output shaft seal this weekend. Went pretty easy. Drained and filled the rear and center diffs with redline. Still need to do the front...wish it had a drain plug.

Has anyone attempted to install a drainn plug in the front diff? I have no clue as to the case thickness and internal clearances for that matter. Thought it would be a good idea though.

Also, I noticed only one of my four exhaust band clamps had stainless hardware. Anyone have part numbers for the bolts and nuts, in stainless?

Thanks,
Matt

JSRS6
October 3rd, 2011, 15:08
The clamps are the lowest replaceable unit. Don't have etka with me. I'm sure you could find some replacement stainless nuts and bolts at lowes or home depot.

mdegracia
October 3rd, 2011, 16:05
Yeah. They are a carriage bolt design so my options for stainless maybe limited. Will definitely check though.

Just odd one clamp has them and the others don't.

JSRS6
October 3rd, 2011, 19:33
The clamp itself may have been replaced, and the updated design has them. I know none of mine have stainless hardware. Most are rusted.