PDA

View Full Version : 2 ques: how do we sync our temp setting in the climate control and what is the...

bakes
October 3rd, 2011, 01:49
role or feature of the circular arrow button with the small A on it?

Can we sync the climate control so any changes I make on the drivers side are matched on the passenger side?

Many thanks.

Greg

V8weight
October 3rd, 2011, 02:37
No, you can't change driver's and passenger's side temp from the drivers side. This feature didn't come along until '04. The A button is Auto recirculate. It will trigger recirc to come on by default every time you start the car.

JSRS6
October 3rd, 2011, 03:10
I thought the auto recirculate took the environmental sensor into account and recirculated the air when it detected contaminants...

4everRS
October 3rd, 2011, 03:52
Environmental sensor? Where the hell is that?

JSRS6
October 3rd, 2011, 04:05
Just in front of the cabin air filter. It's actually part of it. The sensor monitors incoming air for contaminants, kind of like a smoke detector.

kismetcapitan
October 3rd, 2011, 04:12
I thought the auto recirculate took the environmental sensor into account and recirculated the air when it detected contaminants...

that's what the manual says - that button confused the hell out of me too, so I looked it up....

JSRS6
October 3rd, 2011, 04:40
I wonder if the climate control unit out of an 05 a6 would fit/work/allow this feature...

JSRS6
October 3rd, 2011, 04:45
And by that I mean an allroad, as the a6 was the newer interior.

Aronis
October 4th, 2011, 01:05
The auto recirculate feature is great. You really notice when you drive a car without it.
My A4 cab does not have that feature. I thought at first the cabriolet was the source of the smell. (33000 miles second hand). But no. It's the lack of the automatic-destinkomatic.

Mike