PDA

View Full Version : Another intercooler upgrade

UrS6
October 1st, 2011, 00:58
http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/?q=node/154

A friend of mine was waxing poetic about these intercoolers (no relation, I know nothing about them) for other makes. I was looking to see if they had some cores to fit my RS6 and found they are working on a kit or at least intercoolers. I have called them but have not heard back yet. I asked for a price and expected release date. Just thought others might be interested.

marklar182
October 1st, 2011, 01:27
Have been "Coming Soon" since I joined the site......

na1mt
October 1st, 2011, 02:10
Have been "Coming Soon" since I joined the site......

Lol.....I bet if they ever do come out they will be on the upper end of cost scale and not flow any better than what is already available.

JSRS6
October 1st, 2011, 02:43
Nope, I contacted them when I got my rs6. I was trying to help them with r&d on my vehicle. I was told they would be about the same price as the wagners. And they are doing a whole kit, just like Wagner. Intercoolers, cf shrouds, etc.

UrS6
October 1st, 2011, 03:54
I figured they might be more in line with their other SMICs in the $1300 range.
Nope, I contacted them when I got my rs6. I was trying to help them with r&d on my vehicle. I was told they would be about the same price as the wagners. And they are doing a whole kit, just like Wagner. Intercoolers, cf shrouds, etc.

JSRS6
October 1st, 2011, 04:07
They should be. Wagners are about that without the cf shrouds. That's aboutwhat I was quoted without shrouds from ER.

kismetcapitan
October 1st, 2011, 06:05
unless the cores are bigger, I can't see how the cores can be upgraded - the stock units could be more stone-resistant, but in terms of construction, you don't get better than that kind of bar and plate core.

JSRS6
October 1st, 2011, 15:42
Your statement is confusing.

aussie rs6
October 1st, 2011, 15:58
I will always look at new products if perform better than what i have, but i have found the Wagners do the job.

kismetcapitan
October 1st, 2011, 18:22
Your statement is confusing.

I wasn't really awake when I posted that :P The only way to upgrade our SMICs is by going bigger; other than being weak, the design of the stock SMICs is excellent.

JSRS6
October 1st, 2011, 18:54
Right, the Wagner and ER smic's are bigger, same design, and better made. I can't remember the company, but if you sent them your stockers, they would cut off the end tanks and reuse them with better/new bar and plate, and weld them better than oem for no leaks.

na1mt
October 2nd, 2011, 00:22
Right, the Wagner and ER smic's are bigger, same design, and better made. I can't remember the company, but if you sent them your stockers, they would cut off the end tanks and reuse them with better/new bar and plate, and weld them better than oem for no leaks.

Www.Apikol.com

JSRS6
October 2nd, 2011, 01:14
Bingo! Yahtzee!