PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: MODERATOR: "Chip Help" thread is dead

JAXRS6
October 9th, 2003, 16:09
The thread titled "Chip Help" shows about two pages on your list of RS6 forum threads, and that's about how long it should be. But when I click on, I get two POSTS (not pages) on a completely different subject, i.e. Onstar. Can you fix, please?

Also, I'm writing you via this post because I don't know of any other way except to report a post that rude, etc., which this one is not. How should we reach you in the future with other problems like this one?

NEW 2nd ISSUE: A few minutes ago I added a new post to the long thread about fast driving; the thread titled "I find this SO disturbing...." It showed up fine after I wrote it, and the contents page shows me as placing that latest post, but now the post itself is not showing up on the thread! Can't imagine it was deleted by you. If so please explain.

Hope you can fix these. I have a lot of time invested in these posts & won't continue unless resolved.

Klint
October 9th, 2003, 16:55
Originally posted by JAXRS6
The thread titled "Chip Help" shows about two pages on your list of RS6 forum threads, and that's about how long it should be. But when I click on, I get two POSTS (not pages) on a completely different subject, i.e. Onstar. Can you fix, please?

Also, I'm writing you via this post because I don't know of any other way except to report a post that rude, etc., which this one is not. How should we reach you in the future with other problems like this one?

Hi there,

Sorry, I can't do anything about this problem as I don't have any responsibility of the RS6/S6 forum, i'm sure another Moderator will be more than willing to help. :)

You can communicate between members through Private Message (PM). I see you have this de-activated...Try your "User CP" at the top of the page and check out your options about PMs.

Hope it's been of help!

:cheers:

Klint
October 9th, 2003, 17:00
NEW 2nd ISSUE: A few minutes ago I added a new post to the long thread about fast driving. The contents page shows me as placing that latest post, but the post itself is not showing up.

Sounds like the ISP server and RS6.com server stop communicating half way through loading the new page.

I think the page is cached before you post, this can cause slight confusion and produce a new webpage that has half cached memory of the previous page and the newer page after you've posted. Try deleting your Temporary internet folders in "My Computer > Internet Settings".

:cheers:

sturs6
October 10th, 2003, 00:53
Sorry Jaxrs6,
What happend was in one of my replies I mentioned the fact that I was taking my car in for an OnStar problem and was going to try to discuss the chip fact with my service manager. Next thing I saw was everyone talking about my OnStar problem maybe we need to start a new thread about it. What happens is the second page of posts is were the OnStar thing starts.
Sorry for the problem.
Sturs6...

Erik
October 13th, 2003, 15:32

Can't imagine it was deleted by you. If so please explain.

Hope you can fix these. I have a lot of time invested in these posts & won't continue unless resolved.

1) There is a text under each post "Report this post to a moderator" which you can use. Try to be as detailed as possible when describing the problem.

2) I've been on vacation for a week and it's a bit tricky to strart tracking.
I can't imagine that someone deleted your post, I guess it is computer related? :confused:
Let me know if you still have a problem. Use the pm function of e-mail me (erikb@rs6.com)

iconcls
October 13th, 2003, 15:39
Originally posted by Erik
I've been on vacation for a week

Darn, if I would have known you were gone, I would have tried to stir-up all kinds of trouble.:) ;)