PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone supply a Schematic for drive side mirror?

4everRS
September 26th, 2011, 02:49
I would also appreciate the part # for the glass itself.

JSRS6
September 26th, 2011, 04:12

Here ya go kyle.

ben916
September 26th, 2011, 04:17
or oemplus.com for the "rest of world" mirrors!!!

4everRS
September 26th, 2011, 04:51
Thanks guys. Looks like genuine has the drivers side for 186 plus shipping. That's for the auto-dimming model.

I took off the bottom plastic cap, but it doesn't seem like it's easy to remove the glass. Do I have to actually take the mirror assembly off the car?

JSRS6
September 26th, 2011, 14:58
Nope. The mirror clips on. Push the side of the mirror closest to the window all the way in, get a couple fingers in the void on the other side, and pull. You will feel it pop off the hub.

MaxRS6
September 26th, 2011, 15:56
Uhhh- what happened Kyle?

4everRS
September 26th, 2011, 16:16
Thanks Josh.

Haha Randy. You probably think I had a mishap backing out of the garage. Actually, it is leaking. That side mirror as well as the inside rearview has an electrocheomatic fluid inside 2 panes. This allows it to dim when light hits the photocell on the lower part of the inside mirror. The fluid darkens as more light hits it. Anyway, the surround of the mirror glass developed a crack somehow, and the fluid has been very slowly leaking out of it for a year. The thing is about half full right now. Looks kinda funny.

MaxRS6
September 26th, 2011, 16:24
^LOL- I thought you might have needed another small chat with the co-driver...;0

I've certainly almost whacked mine on the garage a couple of times. Knock on wood- not yet!