PDA

View Full Version : Let's settle this, need Audi guru's, cosworth or not?

speedtrapped
September 24th, 2011, 22:23
I stumbled across a thread on AZ from Scotty @advanced. Btw, not a fan of our site, as far as calling generally speaking, some members crooks. That said, which has me re thinking ever buying anything from him, phew I almost bought his $5k European spec recaros.
He stated, the engine is not a cosworth, doesn't have foundry markings, and pistons are cast, period.
Anyone, anyone?
Everything I have read states engine was co designed and manufactured at cosworth. Is this a a6 block? No where do I see that.
Cast pistons? I have had one in my hands, they looked forged to me, from underneath.
But Scotty is digging in on his position.

JSRS6
September 24th, 2011, 22:34
Wow, what a tool...

Benman
September 24th, 2011, 22:45
Not a fan of this site? I don't like him already.

Hell, some people like this site so much, they quit like 4 or 5 times and STILL keep coming back! :cheers:

marklar182
September 24th, 2011, 23:56
The heads were developed with Cosworth (as Cosworth was owned by Audi at that time).

Pretty sure the pistons are high quality cast. It is rare to find a mass produced engine with fully forged internals (at least in 2003).

It is a takeoff of the S6 4.2, even the self study guide states that.

To get the full answers you could contact Quattro GMbH or Mahle.

JSRS6
September 25th, 2011, 01:10
Block is based on s6 4.2. But it is different. The whole engine was built to spec by cosworth. This is the reason we can't fit o1e trans directly to our block.

I refer to my previous statement.

DHall1
September 25th, 2011, 02:24
I resemble that statement. Its only been twice. You guys can close my account anytime. I asked for it twice.

Hell, some people like this site so much, they quit like 4 or 5 times and STILL keep coming back! :cheers:

JSRS6
September 25th, 2011, 02:33
Oh Dave.

Stephen, you should post the link to the AZ thread.

hahnmgh63
September 25th, 2011, 02:44
The Block is definitely different than the regular 4.2 (A6/S6/S8/etc...) but the heads are definitely nothing special. Yes, they probably have premium valves & seats but the ports are not even port matched to the manifolds and the are not even Ceramic lined as Porsche does. They look like pretty plain heads to me. After Cosworth was bought by Audi it was soon renamed Mahle Powertrain so I assume there is a link from Mahle to VAG.

marklar182
September 25th, 2011, 03:04
Mahle did work on the C6 RS6 V10 TFSI as well FWIW.

speedtrapped
September 25th, 2011, 03:15
Ty all, I appreciate the feedback. So designed and built, but high quality cast pistons. The V has Same engine as zr1, But the my pistons are cast, and zr1 are forged. My engine is assembled in Mexico, and zr1 in the USA. Oh well, I would post there, but I am very infrequent in my visits. I guess I started the fight, but as soon as Scott made those siliceous comments, o won't bother now. I won't buy from him either. I love this community.

DHall1
September 25th, 2011, 03:33
If its the same Scott Im thinking about then he has had those seats for several years.

4everRS
September 25th, 2011, 04:12
Playing with fire on AZ Stephen. By that I mean, never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

skribe
September 25th, 2011, 04:20
Playing with fire on AZ Stephen. By that I mean, never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Damn, that is a great quote and sums up audizine perfectly.

ben916
September 25th, 2011, 06:17

yep, bunch of internet tough guys...

Erik
September 25th, 2011, 11:06
I resemble that statement. Its only been twice. You guys can close my account anytime. I asked for it twice.

If you don't like it here, why do you keep coming back? No one is forcing you to post.

Ask for it again and it will happen.

SAF
September 25th, 2011, 17:02
Oh snap, I see I've missed some excitement (?) while away.

speedtrapped
September 25th, 2011, 17:04
Lol, not sure why Dave is whipping himself, but I was taken aback by scottys comments regarding our site. Like Josh said, I second it....Tool

DHall1
September 25th, 2011, 17:58
This was in poking fun. Then the attitude again from Erik.

For the third time. Close my account. I dont need the attitude from admin.

JSRS6
September 25th, 2011, 18:20
Cmon Dave, at least make it to 5,000 posts first :lovl:

Benman
September 25th, 2011, 18:51

Actually, I did get your joke and it was a pretty good one. :)

Yes, you're so close to 5000 we can almost TASTE it! In some ways, Dave reminds me of the old Robin (Nord). Always has to be right and therefore rubs plenty of folk the wrong way, but (usually) brings value to the boards with useful information.

Back on topic, not sure why AZ has the Cosworth hate, nor the rs6.com hate?

hahnmgh63
September 25th, 2011, 19:57
Maybe it's because nobody or on AZ owns a RS6, or at least nobody with common sense.

Erik
September 25th, 2011, 20:16

Thanks for all these years. Welcome back as DHall2 or something. Bye!

Sorry for the off topic.

JSRS6
September 25th, 2011, 20:37
Dave, your humor will be missed.

JSRS6
September 25th, 2011, 20:38
Actually, I did get your joke and it was a pretty good one. :)

Yes, you're so close to 5000 we can almost TASTE it! In some ways, Dave reminds me of the old Robin (Nord). Always has to be right and therefore rubs plenty of folk the wrong way, but (usually) brings value to the boards with useful information.

Back on topic, not sure why AZ has the Cosworth hate, nor the rs6.com hate?

They hate because they are jealous...

SteveKen
September 25th, 2011, 21:51
Lol, not sure why Dave is whipping himself, but I was taken aback by scottys comments regarding our site. Like Josh said, I second it....Tool

I've never had any issues with Scott DeWitt and he's probably as well versed on the RS6 than most on this forum.

Don't be so quick to do defend RS6.com as a whole. All I need to do is mention Australia and this should refresh some memories. I wonder if Erik has a record of who has been banned over the years?

As a member of this forum, I don't take any offense to what he said.

With that said, I didn't recall seeing any COSCAST stamping on the RS6 heads like what's on theB5 RS4 heads.

Also, here's an interesting nugget that I'll leave you in suspense with: the RS6 block is not exclusive to the RS6 either. . .

JSRS6
September 25th, 2011, 21:55
Gumpert? Or are you referring to another audi?

SteveKen
September 25th, 2011, 21:57
Another Audi. My lips are sealed. Break out your ETKA and do a search.

JSRS6
September 25th, 2011, 22:14
RS6 Plus! Hahaha, j/k. Thats too easy.

speedtrapped
September 25th, 2011, 22:20
It's fine to be wrong, like I said I questioned him, and I Am wrong about cast vs forged. That said, he still said he avoids rs6, and I quote, or rather copied from the thread....

I stay away from RS6.com, there is way too much drama, too much mis-information and I've been screwed over by a few of the members buying parts then issuing fraudulent chargebacks on transactions.

So it's only my choice not to use him. As for you Steve, I know you have bought from him and glad you had good transactions. Drama, mis information? You kiddin?, has the guy read 50% of threads on AZ? I like some aspects of AZ and yes I have sold parts there.
I took offense to his description of this site. I guess I am sensitive.

JSRS6
September 25th, 2011, 22:32
Another Audi. My lips are sealed. Break out your ETKA and do a search.

I did a search, only model that came up with that short block PN(077100104d/t) or engine code(BCY) was RS6...

ON a side note, it did say there were two different transmission codes, GAG and GGW...

SteveKen
September 25th, 2011, 22:37
RS6 Plus! Hahaha, j/k. Thats too easy.

Nope. The suspense is killing you isn't it?

I'll give you a hint. I think a 6 speed one of these would be awesome, too. MAybe even be the next project???

SteveKen
September 25th, 2011, 22:38
I did a search, only model that came up with that short block PN(077100104d/t) or engine code(BCY) was RS6...

ON a side note, it did say there were two different transmission codes, GAG and GGW...

I said "block"

JSRS6
September 25th, 2011, 22:42
Right, i searched for the short block, you mean further broken down than that? JUST the block?

SteveKen
September 25th, 2011, 22:46
It's fine to be wrong, like I said I questioned him, and I Am wrong about cast vs forged. That said, he still said he avoids rs6, and I quote, or rather copied from the thread....

I stay away from RS6.com, there is way too much drama, too much mis-information and I've been screwed over by a few of the members buying parts then issuing fraudulent chargebacks on transactions.

So it's only my choice not to use him. As for you Steve, I know you have bought from him and glad you had good transactions. Drama, mis information? You kiddin?, has the guy read 50% of threads on AZ? I like some aspects of AZ and yes I have sold parts there.
I took offense to his description of this site. I guess I am sensitive.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't feel I need to defend him, but he's definitely not a tool, or an idiot as some have posted above.

In reference to the posters of the self deprecating remarks about rs6.com above, I'm sure they will admit that we have a bit of mis-information and a bit more of drama on here. To suggest otherwise would be highly dramatic and mis-informative.

SteveKen
September 25th, 2011, 22:49
Right, i searched for the short block, you mean further broken down than that? JUST the block?

I haven't looked too much into it, but the part numbers for the block are identical. Not sure about any other internals, crank, flexplate, etc. I recall older versions of ETKA never even listed anthing but the short block. It was all or nothing. You had to cross-refrence parts from the 32 valve V* and experiment.

speedtrapped
September 25th, 2011, 22:56
Hey my $ mine as is my opinion of what I understood to be his opinion of this site, end of my story.

speedtrapped
September 25th, 2011, 22:59
And Steve, I wouldnt mind you referenced me as Stephen, I have nothing to hide.

SAF
September 25th, 2011, 23:52
Volkswagen engine.

speedtrapped
September 25th, 2011, 23:56
^^^^ that about sums it up, damn.
I still laugh at my engine in my V, hecho a Mexico vs ZR1, made at GM performance.

JSRS6
September 26th, 2011, 01:13
Stephen, once you get the 900 or 1000hp upgrade for the v, they swap your engine...

speedtrapped
September 26th, 2011, 01:38
Don't laugh, guys on that forum, swap cam, heads, fueling, even supercharger, to TVS 2300, making 800+whp. Of course, headers, tune, pulleys, HX, etc... These guys are nuts. Stock manual don't last, and auto are torpedoed. No worries, guys just buy dragstrip modded, autos or beefed manuals.

speedtrapped
September 26th, 2011, 01:40
As for block and that power, I have seen 1 blown engine, and it was die to guys lean condition....he was about 650 rwp.

na1mt
September 26th, 2011, 02:07
Majority of the Vette crowd I have run into are toolboxes. They hate on any car that isn't a Vette....it's a shame cause I really like the cars and am a past owner.

speedtrapped
September 26th, 2011, 03:02
And that refers to? Tool boxes?

na1mt
September 26th, 2011, 05:27
You're not a dumb guy...figure it out....lol. Tool + box= ?

SteveKen
September 26th, 2011, 05:33
Hey my $ mine as is my opinion of what I understood to be his opinion of this site, end of my story.

^^^ You need to translate this . . . vvvv and this as I have no idea what you're getting at???

And Steve, I wouldnt mind you referenced me as Stephen, I have nothing to hide.

Erik
September 26th, 2011, 07:09
Don't be so quick to do defend RS6.com as a whole. All I need to do is mention Australia and this should refresh some memories. I wonder if Erik has a record of who has been banned over the years?

Of coures there's a list. Mainly occupied by spam bots, not real persons luckily.

Here are a few from the past.

42TT, banned October 24th, 2007. Ring a bell? Fooled me too.

650RS - www.uber-technik.com "Uber-Technik is an Australian owned company based in Sydney." Perhaps the same guy?

Then we have M&M and all his aliases, but he wasn't a scammer to my knowledge. He just disliked Audis so much he had to come back time after time to talk about how fast his BMW was all the time. :lovl:

One possible way to get rid of all scammers is to stop any for sale posts, not sure that's what we want to do?

People have to be mature enough to use their own judgement when buying over the Internet.

You're not buying from RS6.com or myself, you're buying form a person using the forum and the possitilities of the www.

speedtrapped
September 26th, 2011, 11:01
^^^ You need to translate this . . . vvvv and this as I have no idea what you're getting at???

I do? Basically I think his comments were arrogant and pander to the AZ crowd, which I understand, it's his target mkt. As for quote, I use an iPad and tend to skip when I type. My $ IS mine, as is my opinion of Scotty. So my $ won't be going to him, and honestly I have only ever needed to buy a cupra lip from him. And when u referenced a post of mine, all I meant was you can call me by my name if you like. You didn't have to be generic. As you and I have conversed in past off line, I thought you would of remembered who I was.

skribe
September 26th, 2011, 14:56
Retarded thread warning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyMXYE_50Ts

Come on, steveken, what shares the block already.

SteveKen
September 26th, 2011, 17:33
I'll alleviate the suspense. (it's not drama though)

077 103 011 AT

D3 A8 & S8

I'm surprised that someone with ETKA didn't figure it out by now.

JSRS6
September 26th, 2011, 17:39
Ahhh, so you're gonna do a tozo? Gonna TT it?

SteveKen
September 26th, 2011, 18:57
I'd bet the whole motor as-is could fit in there nicely without too much customization.

JSRS6
September 26th, 2011, 19:08
True. Wasnt sure if you were using the original engine from a8/s8 or putting rs6 engine in with 6-speed.

SteveKen
September 26th, 2011, 19:28
I'd like to find a US C6 Avant and put the C5 RS6 motor in it. Plus use a manual gearbox.

Add the Euro RS6 body panels and quarters and have a unique car. I'd call it a C5.5 RS6

The Euro C6 RS6 bumpers and body panels are actually cheaper than the corresponding C5 parts now.

MaxRS6
September 26th, 2011, 20:24
Thanks for all these years. Welcome back as DHall2 or something. Bye!

Sorry for the off topic.

Awwwww- I realize he asked for it a third time- but sheesh- It just won't be the same without Dhall to kick around. My less than .03 worth is to bring back the ol boy and I hope you all can resolve the differences. However; I realize it is certainly your right to make these calls on your site.

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lo9FlPeKKzA" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME> (file://<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lo9FlPeKKzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

SAF
September 26th, 2011, 22:31
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2127/2170227674_09cae53729.jpg

RSSIK
September 26th, 2011, 22:51
^^^^ now thats the best thing on this thread! ^^^^

vitalian
September 26th, 2011, 23:57
+1!!! SAF, where the heck have you been? You and your humor have been missed!

vitalian
September 27th, 2011, 00:00
Also, I'm currently restraining a very strong impulse to resurrect the "Where's Dave?" thread...

skribe
September 27th, 2011, 00:41
Original post is not that out of line... does seem scotty knows what he's talking about, but the pointless jab at rs6.com and the latent hostility toward the car itself is unwarranted and typical of AZ

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/450408-S6-S8-engine-differences-from-A6-A8?p=6886712&styleid=12&styleid=8

But here's a more typical AZ thread documenting a sweet vuvuzela-inspired intake mod

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/450764-Darintake-with-a-bell-mouth

Step one: cut hole in airbox
Step two: cut top off plastic jug
Step three: jam jug in airbox
Step four: collect sweet dudebro accolades from AZ crew

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/307149_638490694317_194602333_33521418_685173642_n .jpg

ben916
September 27th, 2011, 00:51
step five: fist pump!

skribe
September 27th, 2011, 00:55
Step six: lose power with vuvuzela intake sucking hot air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyafZmZjSOY

MaxRS6
September 27th, 2011, 01:36
Youse guys (and gals) crack me up....

SAF
September 27th, 2011, 01:59
+1!!! SAF, where the heck have you been? You and your humor have been missed!

Hey Penelope! Tough six months without much forum surfing, but I figured I'd pop in to see what's been going on.... and I find nothing much has changed. ;)
Sadly I am probably going to be selling the beast and using the quattro as my daily for a while. Time to eliminate either the best of the old or the best of new, and the quattro will be much harder to replace down the road. It's a bummer.

Spidercat
September 27th, 2011, 02:01
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/307149_638490694317_194602333_33521418_685173642_n .jpg[/QUOTE]

That looks like the urinal on the inside of a port-a-john.

Spidercat
September 27th, 2011, 02:14
Boy, this angle really makes me hafta go...

4everRS
September 27th, 2011, 02:43
I bet this Redneck Truck guy drives around schools and playgrounds in one of these.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/FreeCandy.jpg

skribe
September 27th, 2011, 02:59
That looks like the urinal on the inside of a port-a-john.

oh shit. I was wondering why that shape looked oddly familiar. the urinal intake...

priceless.

Spidercat
September 27th, 2011, 08:09
Building on Professor McTruck's idea, I had my own brainstorm tonight for an awesome super-cold-air intake system after my 6 year old clogged the toilet again. If my calculations are correct (and I have no reason to think they aren't), it's just crazy enough to work. I envision the air flowing in faster, since I envision it that way, and it will be colder since it's further from the engine and higher in the atmosphere. I have no idea why the engineers at Audi didn't think of this.

Of course, it's still in the developmental stage. I need another plunger, grease trap, some duct tape, and a sawzall (for the speed-holes in the hood---I call them speed holes since it'll be so much faster!)

It's so easy to stand on the shoulders of giants. :music:
GB, anyone?

Erik
September 27th, 2011, 10:12
Awwwww- I realize he asked for it a third time- but sheesh- It just won't be the same without Dhall to kick around. My less than .03 worth is to bring back the ol boy and I hope you all can resolve the differences.
However; I realize it is certainly your right to make these calls on your site.

There is no difference to resolve from my part. He's been warned a few times way back and he's been taking time outs, can't remember for what now and it doesn't really matter.

I like the guy too, but how do you hande someone who's asking to have his account deactivated at least 2 times?

As I said, he's welcome back as DHall2 or whatever he prefers. :)

It's as simple as that really.

skribe
September 27th, 2011, 12:55
Building on Professor McTruck's idea, I had my own brainstorm tonight for an awesome super-cold-air intake system after my 6 year old clogged the toilet again. If my calculations are correct (and I have no reason to think they aren't), it's just crazy enough to work. I envision the air flowing in faster, since I envision it that way, and it will be colder since it's further from the engine and higher in the atmosphere. I have no idea why the engineers at Audi didn't think of this.

Of course, it's still in the developmental stage. I need another plunger, grease trap, some duct tape, and a sawzall (for the speed-holes in the hood---I call them speed holes since it'll be so much faster!)

It's so easy to stand on the shoulders of giants. :music:
GB, anyone?

LMFAO :lovl:

speedtrapped
September 27th, 2011, 14:14
spidercat that mod is hawt.....whats the HP increase...do u do a DIY? more pics!!!!!

JSRS6
September 27th, 2011, 14:20
Yeah, that one is named intake mod 2, where's number 1? And if you combine #1 and #2, do you get a #3? :lovl:

JSRS6
September 27th, 2011, 14:21
Wow this got off topic...

speedtrapped
September 27th, 2011, 14:23
ADD....happens to the best of us.

MaxRS6
September 27th, 2011, 15:00
Still laffin- I need to go plunge- Excuse me

vitalian
September 27th, 2011, 16:36
Hey Penelope! Tough six months without much forum surfing, but I figured I'd pop in to see what's been going on.... and I find nothing much has changed. ;)
Sadly I am probably going to be selling the beast and using the quattro as my daily for a while. Time to eliminate either the best of the old or the best of new, and the quattro will be much harder to replace down the road. It's a bummer.

Noooooooooo!!! Say it isn't so!

Okay, I gotta go try the "Spidercat Plunger Mod." Friggin-A!!! (insert fist pump)

Spidercat
September 27th, 2011, 23:35
You don't wanna see the first attempt...
Let's just say it's a good thing I didn't do the ever-popular "air-cleaner-bypass mod" in my never-ending quest for free horsepower.

Step 1: Clean plunger

Spidercat
September 27th, 2011, 23:41
OMFG!!!
Last night, I posted the equivalent of a flaming bag of dog-pooh on this thread, rang the bell, and walked away:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/450408-S6-S8-engine-differences-from-A6-A8?p=6886712&styleid=12&styleid=8

Just trying to be dramatic and spread misinformation in typical RS6.com fashion, I guess.
Redneck seems to actually be a pretty cool guy, but I get the impression not everyone got it.

skribe
September 28th, 2011, 01:02
OMFG!!!
Last night, I posted the equivalent of a flaming bag of dog-pooh on this thread, rang the bell, and walked away:

Just trying to be dramatic and spread misinformation in typical RS6.com fashion, I guess.
Redneck seems to actually be a pretty cool guy, but I get the impression not everyone got it.

What a good sport that guy is.

Spidercat
September 28th, 2011, 01:24
Yeah, I really wanted to dislike him, and now I can't!
Scotty, however, seems to be a goldmine.

Originally Posted by Spidercat :
"You, my friend, are a good sport!"

Scotty's reply:

The a6 airbox mod is similar to the S6 airbox, except the S6 airbox has a valve that opens at WOT, and makes the engine sound really nice and mean.

Did you drill a hole into the RS6 hood to fit the plunger looking thing?

:doh: Yes. Yes I did.

Originally Posted by Spidercat :
"Yeah, Speedraped, tell your story walking! Noone wants your fancy conversation about Audi engines and stuff!"

Scotty's reply:

I'd like to keep this technical, and really it doesn't matter where or who manufactured these engines, it is nice dinner party trivia but I'm more interested in cross platform differences for people seeking OEM performance enhancements.

Note to self: Don't go to any of Scotty's dinner parties.

Thanks, Scribe, for posting the link and all those images! I am really tempted to out-stupid stupid and post a video over there of before and after the plunger mod (#2, of course). I happen to be in the unique position of being able to open and close my electric exhaust valves without and with the "mod" in place. They seem to like the nice and mean sound. That would leave a lot of heads being scratched, I'm sure. :vhmmm:
Oh, I'd have to wrap the piping in a little reflective cool-tape, too. On second thought, I think I'll use tin foil, just to keep it nice and back-woods style.

I can see why some are more easily preyed upon by thieves and cheats (enter that fish-in-the barrel icon that I saw a while back). Good thing I'm neither.

JSRS6
September 28th, 2011, 01:27
Everytime I see your screenname, this comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=714-Ioa4XQw&sns=em

marklar182
September 30th, 2011, 13:47
The heads were developed with Cosworth (as Cosworth was owned by Audi at that time).

Pretty sure the pistons are high quality cast. It is rare to find a mass produced engine with fully forged internals (at least in 2003).

It is a takeoff of the S6 4.2, even the self study guide states that.

To get the full answers you could contact Quattro GMbH or Mahle.

I eat crow here. I contacted Mahle Powertrain (formerly Cosworth Technologies) and they informed me that the Pistons and Rods were designed/supplied by them and are FORGED.

Unfortunately I couldn't drag much more out of them. I am now looking for a contact @ quattro GMbH to get a little more info regarding who did what.......

speedtrapped
September 30th, 2011, 13:57
well, I feel slightly vindicated now....take that Scotty!, lol....

MaxRS6
September 30th, 2011, 13:59
I eat crow here. I contacted Mahle Powertrain (formerly Cosworth Technologies) and they informed me that the Pistons and Rods were designed/supplied by them and are FORGED.

Unfortunately I couldn't drag much more out of them. I am now looking for a contact @ quattro GMbH to get a little more info regarding who did what.......

^That is great information and thanks for the leg work. I still say folks are selling these cars for too little considering "what it is". Up those asking prices people!!!

speedtrapped
September 30th, 2011, 14:04
^^^ Ty for going extra mile...

ben916
September 30th, 2011, 16:44

Qisha on RS6.com....

marklar182
September 30th, 2011, 16:52
Qisha on RS6.com....

That was my thought as well, looks like Qisha is still active as well, last login 9/27/11.

Lets see if we can drag out more info! PM sent to Qisha.