PDA

View Full Version : RE Telegram to California post on the RS6 forum

JAXRS6
October 9th, 2003, 04:40
Politics came up on the RS6 forum when someone congratulated "AHHHNOLD" on his victory in California. Someone else -- from Sweden -- questioned the election of a movie star over experienced officeholders.

I for one am glad I don't live in CA now; I did for 24 years, from 1973-1997 -- northern & southern, beach & central valley & foothills. It's a beautiful place with a wonderful climate in many areas, but its state government is in a BIG mess with a HUGE deficit & housing prices are again ridiculous (along with property taxes for anyone trying to buy). Income taxes already are high, too, and they may go higher for people with income levels big enough to afford an RS6. (PS to the Swede: How high can your federal income taxes get as a percentage of income? [The top U.S. rate is 39%, about to drop to 35%, tho the decrease may be taken back.] How about local government, sales, and other taxes in Sweden?)

I don't know if Arnie can pull off a successful governorship -- only time will tell and I wish him well. But I will say that things got so bad being run by the political establishment that I fully understand the election of Arnie. When the "experts" with all their "experience" can't adequately address important issues, it's time to look for another approach. The idea that anyone can run for office in the U.S. is both a strength and a weakness. Let's just hope it works this time.

Besides, if Arnie screws up, the checks & balances that are inherent in the U.S. Executive-Legislative-Judicial system ought to keep him from doing too much damage.

Bauer
October 9th, 2003, 07:12
I live in CA and am glad I do, I have traveled all over the US and may parts of the world. Everytime I come saying I love CA, not to say every part of the world a something very special about that particular spot. I just love CA.

What I don't love is how F'ed up the tax and politcal system is(as far as political system goes the whole US is screwed up). The cynical attitude in most case is surely deserved. No don't get me wrong I still think it is one of the better systems in the world but that doesnt mean there cant be a vast improvment.

without getting into too many details theres my 2cents. O.k I am done with my politics for the day.:cheers:

gmbh6
October 21st, 2003, 18:11
Yes Arnold is our new Gov. and I couldn't be happier.

Gray Davis revealed himself to be the self-preservationist hypocrite that he has always been.

During the campaign he signed so many last minute bills and signed in a ton of judges and a bunch of other crap to try and save his hide.........instead of trying to fix our budget.

He lied on the last election and Simon called him on it. Simon told us all what the deficit would be and Davis said no...."it's half of that".....and as soon as he won........"our estimation was wrong"

So long as the Democrats continue to focus on their hatred of Bush and the Republicans they will continue to lose power. They are a sorry bunch over all. How else do you explain a state (CA) that is between 60-80% Democrat.....voting out Davis and voting in Arnold.

Arnold will help us get more Federal Funds and help us lower our Workmans Compensation. He will remind people of the most basic economic principles....

cheap labor = thriving economy
free health care (a la europe) = stagnant economy
unions = high labor
rs6 = one fricken cool azz car :addict:

:cheers:

Erik
October 21st, 2003, 18:26
OK...

Does anyone mind if we keep politics off RS6.com?

We have enough problems to come with a conclusion if the RS6 or M5 or E55 is the best...

Thread closed.