PDA

View Full Version : Is there an exhaustive list of TCU Tuners?

SteveKen
September 16th, 2011, 15:07
My STFA skills are lacking. Has anyone listed the options for aftermarket modded TCUs?

MTM seems to be the crowd favorite.

What are the other options out there?

I'm hoping to find a domestic company for another project.

SteveKen
September 16th, 2011, 15:26
Adding to the list:

GIAC

hahnmgh63
September 16th, 2011, 15:49
Viper & MTM seem to be the two favorites but there is also GIAC & APR.

Elevens
September 16th, 2011, 15:54
Add Viper Tuning to the list. Just tell Rich what you want and he'll do it. Most customizable of the lot. As soon as I Improve my Surface Mount Desoldering ability I will be replacing my MTM with the Viper Chip. Not that there's anything wrong with the MTM, but Pat has had both and he seems to prefer the Viper chip to the MTM. They are both very good though, and there would be very little reason to look else were. Just my opinion..............................

SteveKen
September 16th, 2011, 15:57
Add Viper Tuning to the list. Just tell Rich what you want and he'll do it. Most customizable of the lot. As soon as I Improve my Surface Mount Desoldering ability I will be replacing my MTM with the Viper Chip. Not that there's anything wrong with the MTM, but Pat has had both and he seems to prefer the Viper chip to the MTM. They are both very good though, and there would be very little reason to look else were. Just my opinion..............................

Where is Rich located? US or UK? Do you have a direct # or do I have to do the email thing?

Elevens
September 16th, 2011, 16:09
Where is Rich located? US or UK? Do you have a direct # or do I have to do the email thing?

Viper Tuning is in the UK. Just go their Web site Vipertuning.com and shoot him an Email or call him. He can either chip the TCU for you or send you the chip for you to have it installed. Either way a very nice person to deal with. And even though he is on the other side of the Pond (Isle of Man) I have had no Issues with sending or receiving Items from him.....

SteveKen
September 16th, 2011, 16:16
Viper Tuning is in the UK. Just go their Web site Vipertuning.com and shoot him an Email or call him. He can either chip the TCU for you or send you the chip for you to have it installed. Either way a very nice person to deal with. And even though he is on the other side of the Pond (Isle of Man) I have had no Issues with sending or receiving Items from him.....

There was no number on their site so I sent an email via the 'contact us' form. I'll wait and see what happens.

Amar
September 16th, 2011, 20:48
Viper Tuning or MRC seems to be the only way to go in the UK.