PDA

View Full Version : Any lead on what are the best winter floor mats for our cars?

bakes
September 14th, 2011, 03:11
Weather is starting to cool down so I might aswell think of getting set for the cold stuff.

ben916
September 14th, 2011, 03:16
do you have the audi all weather mats?

bakes
September 14th, 2011, 03:27
No, I have the cloth mats but the salt from my winters is pretty bad so I'd prefer to pull them and find a rubber substitute.

4everRS
September 14th, 2011, 03:29
The OEM audi rubber mats are best.

bakes
September 14th, 2011, 03:59
Who is best to order them from? Will C5 A6 mats fit or is there a specific RS6 set?

ben916
September 14th, 2011, 04:26
www.genuinevwaudiparts.com

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tbody><tr><td class="tabletext" width="50">From:</td><td class="tabletext" width="85%"> genuine@miramarvwaudi.com </td></tr><tr><td class="tabletext" width="50">Date: </td><td class="tabletext">Saturday, May 15 2010 12:20 PM</td></tr><tr><td class="tabletext" width="50">Subject:</td><td class="tabletext">RE: Rubber Mats</td></tr><tr><td class="tabletext wordwrap" colspan="2" style="border-top:2px solid #FFFFFF">Hi Benjamin.
These will not fit properly. Audi lists the monster mats part number of ZAW179005BLK for the 2003 RS6. This is a set of four
rubber mats. our price 101.48. They only come in black.
Ingrid</td></tr></tbody></table>

kismetcapitan
September 14th, 2011, 06:39
I've got the rubber all-weather mats, and they'll surely capture rain and slush. I'm in the opposite boat - I'd like to buy a set of basic carpet mats, which I hope are quite plush/luxurious...

Jimmy
September 14th, 2011, 12:50
x2...the C5 A6 4.2 rubber mats from Audi are sweet. Perfect for winters.

The OE A6 4.2 carpeted mats are nice too...the best mats I've seen are the ones from www.hoica.de (http://www.hoica.de) but I paid way to much for them to get them over here. :)

vitalian
September 14th, 2011, 15:59
I also have the OEM Audi all-weather rubber mats. I love 'em -- nice deep grooves that capture water, mud, slush, or whatever. I leave them on year-round. (It was either that or ask peeps to take their shoes off before they get into my car!)

RSSIK
September 14th, 2011, 17:10
I love my OEM All weather mats. i keep them in all of my cars all year around. Rain, snow, sand.. works wonders for anything you throw at them.

lswing
September 14th, 2011, 19:03
Yep, got the all weather mats with my car, just great! And if people track to much in they get banned from the car, three strike rule in effect....

gregoryindiana
September 15th, 2011, 04:24
The OEM audi rubber mats are best.

I hadn't been very happy with the OEM rubber mats as they don't conform very well on the transmission tunnel side. I usually noticed a bit of water and dirt on the carpet on that side, outside of the rubber containment zone. So I had the detailer put some of that "pre-delivery" film over that area to protect it during the most recent winter. It worked great and I plan to repeat it again this year and onwards.

ben916
September 15th, 2011, 04:30
now to find a trunk tray :)

RSSIK
September 15th, 2011, 16:38
If you dont like the OEM A/W mats try and see if weathertech will make a set for you but I am happy with mine. i like the design, styling and fitment so im ok with my OEm's. Yes you are right!! I NEED a trunk tray for my car asap. Maybe i can talk to weathertech about making one.

Jimmy
September 15th, 2011, 19:55
Some folks might get confused...the C5s with the V8s use different front mats than the 'regular' C5 cars.

A decent rear trunk mat (like a Weathertech) would def. be nice for the RS6...I have one in my allroad but the cargo net can't be used with it in place; no way to get at the metal hooks. No big deal really I guess.