PDA

View Full Version : My new Aviator Blue A6

Joker
September 13th, 2011, 20:42
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6351/a61b.jpg
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6435/a62g.jpg
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6594/a63m.jpg
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3306/img0667zr.jpg

Great car that drives surprising like my S4 Avant.

Brav
September 13th, 2011, 21:13
Beautiful! Congrats.. Not a huge blue fan, but I really like this. seems to have a little gray tint to it.

Joker
September 13th, 2011, 21:26
In real life it's actually got a very strong tint of grey in it. It needs a wash at the moment so if I get the chance I'll take some more pics including the interior.

Erik
September 14th, 2011, 09:53
Nice car!

Color looks similar to my A4, but mine is more grey. Don't remember the name :D

Joker
September 14th, 2011, 13:13
I booked without seeing in person so it was a bit of a gamble as to whether I'd like it but thank god I do and everyday I'm warming to it more and more. I wouldn't say it's as good a colour a Daytona Grey or Sprint Blue but it's probably now one of my most favourite Audi colours.

Benman
September 14th, 2011, 21:08
Very subtle (not unlike Audi) color choice. What TDI motor did you go with?

Man, I WISH AoA would bring the TDI A6 Avant over here!!!

RSSIK
September 14th, 2011, 23:37
WOW that car is SEXY!! Congrats!!

Joker
September 15th, 2011, 15:53
Very subtle (not unlike Audi) color choice. What TDI motor did you go with?

Man, I WISH AoA would bring the TDI A6 Avant over here!!!

It's the most powerful of the two currently available 3.0TDI with 245hp and 550Nm. It's quick, especially so but to experience this you really need to push the throttle fully down otherwise it's performance is underwhelming. I'll probably wait until the new year and get it chipped which will unlock 300hp and 630Nm so I'm told. :hahahehe:

The real surprising I am finding is how light and responsive it's chassis is considering it's size, way better than a 5 series or E-class which both feel like heavy executive motors. Only small complaint is that tyre/road noise is too great for this caliber of car, the BMW, Merc and Jaguar all are quieter.

Overall I would say this is the best normal Audi I have ever owned and based of this experience I would reckon the S6 and ultimately the RS6 will make mince meat of the competition.

Benman
September 15th, 2011, 19:58
Overall I would say this is the best normal Audi I have ever owned... Glad to hear you are loving the 3.0TDI. I'm sure the chip will make you love it even more! On the tire noise, what tires came with the car? Last, what overall fuel economy have you been seeing? Quick pace, moderate, around town? :cheers:

Joker
September 15th, 2011, 20:45
Glad to hear you are loving the 3.0TDI. I'm sure the chip will make you love it even more! On the tire noise, what tires came with the car? Last, what overall fuel economy have you been seeing? Quick pace, moderate, around town? :cheers:

Mine came with Goodyear but I have saw others with similar 19" running Pirelli, don't know whether this will make much difference but all I know is that it's not as quiet as the others.

At the moment with only 500 miles on the dial I'm getting an average of 35.8mpg (UK), trip it on a motorway run it will give you as high as 48-49mpg but round town in steady stop start traffic I'm getting 27-28mpg. Overall I'm very happy given the performance on tap. Also according to different tuners they mostly say that economy is unaffected overall and the only noticeable drop in mpg is when you really use it's full performance which is logical, more power demands more fuel.

Benman
September 15th, 2011, 21:06
Mine came with Goodyear

motorway run it will give you as high as 48-49mpg
stop start traffic I'm getting 27-28mpg.
tuners say that economy is unaffected overall

Hmm... Goodyears are pretty good so that is surprising. Then again, depends on the model.

So close to 23 City and 40Hwy for US measurements. Not bad at all for a large all wheel drive car with that performance. And yes, most tunes do NOT drop mpg till you nail the throttle. ;)

Hell, my tuned B5 S4 returned 30mpg on the Hwy! :cheers:

Ruergard
September 15th, 2011, 21:38
Looks superb! Great choice on the 3.0 TDI as well. Congratz!

Looking forward to some more pics including interior. :)