PDA

View Full Version : 2Bennett Coilover

ntrcptr
September 13th, 2011, 18:30
Need opinions on this particular coilover as compared to kw1,kw3,biltstiens,h&r.yadeyadeya.:looking::cheers::pop:

JSRS6
September 13th, 2011, 19:27
Someone over here on the east coast, stephencl or steveken maybe, got them, and had nothing but good things to say. Fit and finish was perfect. True bolt in. New spring seats, upper strut mounts, everything mounted and torques to speck for the end user, height and damping adjustable. Wish I had seen them a year and a half ago.

ntrcptr
September 14th, 2011, 07:19
bump once.

ben916
September 14th, 2011, 18:39
Need opinions on this particular coilover as compared to kw1,kw3,biltstiens,h&r.yadeyadeya.:looking::cheers::pop:

kw1 - are they rated for the RS6???
kw3 - seems to be the consensus here as far as replacements
pss9 - I know of 2 peeps that have them - I drove an RS6 with them installed with Hotchkiss - EXACTLY how I envisioned the RS should drive/ride/handle
h&r - not so popular in the US, very popular in the UK/EU - seems there isn't a problem
Statis - Ricardo from Raven MS has these installed on his RS6 6Speed manual and when I drove it, it felt very much like the pss9's (in the short time that I got to drive it, more focused on the 6speed) - he also stated that there was some sort of bumping or noise that he could hear, I didn't hear it
Vogtlands - anyone have these?
DRC - anyone have these?

ntrcptr
September 14th, 2011, 18:56
unfortunately..:rolleyes:... WELL.. while I'm saving for the coilover replacement, I'm thinking of the H&R replacement springs as OEM seems to have lost its "potency". Cheap upgrade at around 3-bills. Anyone did this ? especially paired with Hotchkis?:idea:

Spidercat
September 15th, 2011, 00:30
unfortunately..:rolleyes:... WELL.. while I'm saving for the coilover replacement, I'm thinking of the H&R replacement springs as OEM seems to have lost its "potency". Cheap upgrade at around 3-bills. Anyone did this ? especially paired with Hotchkis?:idea:
It's even cheaper if you just take mine...
Just pay for shipping. Last I checked, parcel post was about $75. PM me your info and I'll get a few shipping quotes.
At this point , they are taking up space in my garage and need a good home.

BTW, they are NIB, never mounted or even unwrapped. Couldn't find any shop around here (that I trust) that would do it, and the dealer wouldn't use any aftermarket parts when they replaced the DRC.
So they've sat in my garage, waiting for a good home.

I've finally got KW-V3's on order anyway, so I'll never need them.

ntrcptr
September 15th, 2011, 01:16
It's even cheaper if you just take mine...
Just pay for shipping. Last I checked, parcel post was about $75. PM me your info and I'll get a few shipping quotes.
At this point , they are taking up space in my garage and need a good home.

BTW, they are NIB, never mounted or even unwrapped. Couldn't find any shop around here (that I trust) that would do it, and the dealer wouldn't use any aftermarket parts when they replaced the DRC.
So they've sat in my garage, waiting for a good home.

I've finally got KW-V3's on order anyway, so I'll never need them.
check your mail... and thx for the early x-mas

yokust
September 15th, 2011, 01:51
One thing to remember is that only KW has a special V3 kit for RS6.

But all other coilover kits are for ALL C5 chassis cars. H&R, PSS9, 2Bennet, etc are all the same if you have an RS6, S6, or A6.

So if you want a cheaper coilover but want KW the same thing applys about the V1 or V2 for the cars

Spidercat
September 15th, 2011, 02:57
np! Give me a day or so to get to the post office. I'll p.m. you back.

Spidercat
September 15th, 2011, 21:25
pm sent...

Stephencl
September 16th, 2011, 03:01
One thing to remember is that only KW has a special V3 kit for RS6.

But all other coilover kits are for ALL C5 chassis cars. H&R, PSS9, 2Bennet, etc are all the same if you have an RS6, S6, or A6.

So if you want a cheaper coilover but want KW the same thing applys about the V1 or V2 for the cars

Just to be clear, the 2Bennett kit is specific to the RS6. They have different springs for the RS6 than the other C5 cars. They also provide the aluminium spring perches front and rear for the RS6.

They also include finishing caps for the DRC and very detailed instructions for installation. I was over the TOP impressed by finish quality and packaging.

Here is a photo of my system before being sent off to Palette.

ntrcptr
September 16th, 2011, 03:51
Just to be clear, the 2Bennett kit is specific to the RS6. They have different springs for the RS6 than the other C5 cars. They also provide the aluminium spring perches front and rear for the RS6.

They also include finishing caps for the DRC and very detailed instructions for installation. I was over the TOP impressed by finish quality and packaging.

Here is a photo of my system before being sent off to Palette.

was was your total cost? and btw, what are the usual labor charge for install?

surferdude
September 16th, 2011, 07:20
I can vouch for 2Bennett. Theyve developed a lot of their own products over the years, usually ahaead of the crowd. They are located about 45 min from me, have worked on a couple of my cars. Very knowledgeable guys, true enthusiasts. Clean shop too.

Spidercat
September 16th, 2011, 23:59

Sport springs on the way!