PDA

View Full Version : Joining the rs6 community

garebear
September 13th, 2011, 05:27
Well everyone I am new here. I have been researching these cars for a few months now, mostly through this amazing site. I am very happy to say that tomorrow I will be picking up my new baby. B/B with 68k miles. I feel like i am getting a pretty good deal. 22,500 private party. I did have a chance to test drive a couple others, but this one stole the show. Already has had its timing/water pump and has no leaky intercoolers or any visible issues. A few other misc things have been replaced/repaired but nothing major. Very clean condition inside and out. Even though i have been doing a lot of studying, i know i have so much to learn. I hope to get to know everyone on the forum, and would appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks for reading, I will post pics very soon!

ben916
September 13th, 2011, 05:37
Welcome!!!!

got a VIN?
photos?
location?

kismetcapitan
September 13th, 2011, 06:38
welcome! these aren't simple cars, but you'll quickly learn; I've only been here a couple months and have already gained a lot of knowledge, although there's plenty more to learn. Depends on how hands-on you want to be with the car's maintenance and tuning. And post up some pics of your new baby!

garebear
October 6th, 2011, 20:24
Sorry i havent gotten back with the pics until now! I have been just to busy for my own good. Luckily i have found enough time to do some good things though.... New tail lights and an intake kit. I am very pleased with the results. The tails were cheap on ebay so i am honestly very surprised they turned out so nice. Got the intake kit at my shop 3zero3 motorsports. They have been a lot of help as well. Unfortunately I have had to go in there for some not so good reasons. My powersteering pump bit the dust just this past sunday, but the shop took care of it for a fair price, and shes running beautifully now. The Apikol intake really added some personality. Sounds amazing and she pulls even harder now!!! I am in Denver, and ill put the vin up on the rs6 vin list.

speedtrapped
October 6th, 2011, 20:27
I like the intake, apikol, DBR and now 3zero3 motorsports,,,cool, welcome.

kismetcapitan
October 6th, 2011, 20:28
that's a nice car! Now the question is, how far down the tuning black hole will you go? :)

speedtrapped
October 6th, 2011, 20:30
My bad, just saw that 3zero3 is an apikol dealer...very nice.

Spidercat
October 6th, 2011, 20:42
Welcome! Nice color!
Looks like you got a good deal, too. Did you happen to get any warranty?

garebear
October 6th, 2011, 20:44
Thank you guys. I am still unsure how far into the abyss i will take this beast. Eventually i will tune it, get beefier intercoolers, gut the dps, and of course plenty of transmission work will be done.

garebear
October 6th, 2011, 20:48
I actually did get a warranty. It only added $10 a month extra on top of my car payment through my credit union. I do wish the warranty was a bit more extensive, as no suspension parts are covered, and neither was the powersteering pump. But most engine and transmission parts are covered. So that helps me feel a little better about things.

Spidercat
October 6th, 2011, 22:15
Nice!
Warranty is key, esp for the big ticket stuff.