PDA

View Full Version : R8 GT in a big drag race

AndyBG
September 12th, 2011, 18:55
One of biggest drag races I'v ever seen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDP7Pty8Qnw&feature=player_embedded

Erik
September 12th, 2011, 21:33
And the winner is...!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDP7Pty8Qnw&feature=player_embedded

http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/1109_2011_motor_trend_best_drivers_car/

RXBG
September 13th, 2011, 00:57
and doped one wins! :lovl:

ChicagoAudi
September 13th, 2011, 02:02
Cynic. The Nissan is very quick; however, I'd pick one of the slower cars over it.

Joker
September 13th, 2011, 11:35
Overall I'm very impressed by the R8 in this race, I would have assumed both the GTR and 458 would have beaten but I also thought both the LFA and SLS would have also overhauled it by the finish but neither did and nor was the GT3 anywhere to be seen. In fact if anything I thought the Audi and starting to catch the Ferrari, if only it had a dual clutch it might have been in with a shout of the lead.

Cant wait for it's replacement as it could well be the best of the best.

RS4 SM
September 15th, 2011, 02:34
Totally agree with you Joker the R8 GT is an AWESOME car an in that pack it put a lot of cars to shame some cost A LOT MORE THEN IT........!!!!!

I know the Nissan is the fastest but its got NO CLASS an its a NISSAN worth £70k an thats just NOT COOL NO MATTER HOW FAST IT IS....

But i wonder why there was NO LAMBO in there.... It surely would have SPICED THINGS UP FOR SURE... ;)

ntrcptr
September 15th, 2011, 03:32
i know the nissan is the fastest but its got no class an its a nissan worth £70k an thats just not cool no matter how fast it is....

... ;)

give merit where its due. Your bias is getting the better of you. Not everything more expensive is better just like not everything "new" is better

RS4 SM
September 15th, 2011, 03:49
give merit where its due. Your bias is getting the better of you. Not everything more expensive is better just like not everything "new" is better

Ahh hence I said I know it's fast so that should be enuff merit for it but I stick buy what I said that it is NOT worth £70k an a lot of people on this forum would not buy it just coz it Fast an what not...

An I also dont remember saying that everything NEW/Expensive is better then old so you need to correct yourself...

ntrcptr
September 15th, 2011, 07:21
Is an r8 gt worth 200k then when it cant beat a 90k car? Hmmmmmm...I guess what "merits" a car is completely subjective--some merit style/looks over mechanical/ engineering brilliance. SOME merits "higher-value" items while arrogantly thinking it has to be better than the bargain brand. But ask yourself this question. Am I placing greater merit on an item over another because of prior pedigree/brand name recognition or because it has achieve technical superiority over the other? TRUTH is---Those that can afford a Porsche GT3 /R8:love: will probably buy it because it represents as an extension of their life-stye. And those that can only afford to buy a NISSAN gt-r:rolleyes: will likely buy it because of a better " bang for the buck" type of lifestyle. Now asked yourself this question? Who do you think has the bigger grin on their face?:hahahehe:

Erik
September 15th, 2011, 09:50
Is an r8 gt worth 200k then when it cant beat a 90k car? Hmmmmmm...I guess what "merits" a car is completely subjective--some merit style/looks over mechanical/ engineering brilliance. SOME merits "higher-value" items while arrogantly thinking it has to be better than the bargain brand. But ask yourself this question. Am I placing greater merit on an item over another because of prior pedigree/brand name recognition or because it has achieve technical superiority over the other? TRUTH is---Those that can afford a Porsche GT3 /R8:love: will probably buy it because it represents as an extension of their life-stye. And those that can only afford to buy a NISSAN gt-r:rolleyes: will likely buy it because of a better " bang for the buck" type of lifestyle. Now asked yourself this question? Who do you think has the bigger grin on their face?:hahahehe:

Good one. :)

I'd like both, can't afford either. :D GT-R as daily.

RS4 SM
September 15th, 2011, 12:42
Well everyones got there own opinion.... An so they should have...

But i stick to mines guys.... An yes the R8 GT is worth what it cost.....

The Nissan is quicker but i an many other people wold NOT buy it even if its "Bang for your Bucks"

ntrcptr
September 15th, 2011, 18:30
Well everyones got there own opinion.... An so they should have...

But i stick to mines guys.... An yes the R8 GT is worth what it cost.....

The Nissan is quicker but i an many other people wold NOT buy it even if its "Bang for your Bucks"

rock on dude!!! Don"t ever apologize for being yourself ;-)

RS4 SM
September 15th, 2011, 18:36
Will try my best mate but hay no hard feelings....