PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai R Spec

GEN XER
September 8th, 2011, 20:22
Come on Man! Hyundai did not just replace the RS6 or did they? All that at half the price.
http://i.autoblog.com/2011/06/21/2012-hyundai-genesis-5-0-r-spec-first-drive-review/

vitalian
September 8th, 2011, 23:08
They may not have replaced the RS6, but it's undeniable nowadays that Hyundai makes some pretty darn nice cars. (In other words, "Hyundai" is no longer Korean for "Pinto.")

4everRS
September 9th, 2011, 04:09
Whoa Whoa now, lets not get carried away here. Does it have AWD? How about the ability to have a simple tune to over 500 ft. lbs.?

I bet to change oil, you don't even have to drop the sway bar. And the battery is under the hood or some other godforsaken place. Ha, poser!

hahnmgh63
September 9th, 2011, 04:59
And it's a new for 2012 Hyundai as the RS6 C5 was a new for 2002 model. Look how they have come in 10 years? Still less power, no AWD, crappy interior. I'll still take my 10 year old model sedan.

4everRS
September 9th, 2011, 12:47
Hear Hear. !!
And it's a new for 2012 Hyundai as the RS6 C5 was a new for 2002 model. Look how they have come in 10 years? Still less power, no AWD, crappy interior. I'll still take my 10 year old model sedan.

Btw willy, I need to buy a bottle of acrylic works from you.

DHall1
September 9th, 2011, 14:49
Its getting time I need to trade in my Kia Rio anyways.

I would like to see any Hundai (sounds like monday) running on the bahn for any extended periods. Rest my case.

skribe
September 9th, 2011, 17:54
Come on Man! Hyundai did not just replace the RS6 or did they? All that at half the price.
http://i.autoblog.com/2011/06/21/2012-hyundai-genesis-5-0-r-spec-first-drive-review/

Put down the bong.

GEN XER
September 10th, 2011, 08:15
429hp for 46k. 10/100k warranty. 4.8-5.1 0-60. 13-13.3 qtr. mi. If America had audibahns then yes the suspension would be an issue, but since all we have is 70mph limits and terrible roads then this suspension will do. Reminds me of the last gen srt8, but hyndai got 429hp out of a 5L vs Chryslers 6.1L. 429hp w/o turbos. Yeah its a Hyundai but its ok.

skribe
September 10th, 2011, 17:16
Don't deny it's an insane value compared to the germans. I've driven the V-8 genesis, it's not a bad car at all. Although a plastic oil pan seems like a truly crap idea. Especially after you give this big korean the suspension tweaks it would need.

Just saying you can't really compare the two, you can't call one a replacement for the other, just like I wouldn't compare a samsung lcd TV to a pioneer kuro. To the average person the same thing, but not at all the same thing.

GEN XER
September 11th, 2011, 04:28
Point accepted Skribe. I digress. BTW I saw one in action today. It gets down the road pretty quickly.

JSRS6
September 11th, 2011, 04:39
Ha, wish I could afford a kuro. But hey, the samsung is doing just fine. :lovl:

ttboost
September 11th, 2011, 12:53
So impressive they recommend buying the 6 banger instead...

kismetcapitan
September 11th, 2011, 19:12
Hyundai builds from a very, very different philosophy. Koreans equate ride softness with quality; US market cars have somewhat firmer suspensions, but they just can't do a proper sporting suspension, or I should say "won't", because to them, it degrades the quality of one of their flagship products. Also, any surge in acceleration that might jerk your head back is also "unrefined". They probably did a LOT of work to get the car to do a 5 second 0-60 while keeping the acceleration Gs as low as possible; just my guess - I haven't driven one.

Even the Genesis coupe is too soft; several Koreans I knew in Seoul rushed out to buy one when they came out, to turn into drift cars. They quickly found that the car understeered like crazy, and to flick it into oversteer required so much effort that it wasn't really controllable. Major suspension mods were required, and I think they just gave up.

But 430bhp from a 5 liter is impressive, considering the warranty on it. The rest of the car will suit a certain market, but very doubtfully anyone here - I personally feel the RS6 could be a bit firmer and a lot louder.

GEN XER
September 11th, 2011, 20:04
Hyundai builds from a very, very different philosophy. Koreans equate ride softness with quality; US market cars have somewhat firmer suspensions, but they just can't do a proper sporting suspension, or I should say "won't", because to them, it degrades the quality of one of their flagship products. Also, any surge in acceleration that might jerk your head back is also "unrefined". They probably did a LOT of work to get the car to do a 5 second 0-60 while keeping the acceleration Gs as low as possible; just my guess - I haven't driven one.

Even the Genesis coupe is too soft; several Koreans I knew in Seoul rushed out to buy one when they came out, to turn into drift cars. They quickly found that the car understeered like crazy, and to flick it into oversteer required so much effort that it wasn't really controllable. Major suspension mods were required, and I think they just gave up.

But 430bhp from a 5 liter is impressive, considering the warranty on it. The rest of the car will suit a certain market, but very doubtfully anyone here - I personally feel the RS6 could be a bit firmer and a lot louder.

I cant argue with this assessmnet. Review after review on All Hyundai's echo this same thing suspension way to soft and First drives on this car are reporting the same, to soft of a suspension, but suspension is really subjective, whats to soft for some is to firm for others and that goes across all the Brands. If I were going to buy this car, I would have to have a tester for atleast a week and drive it how I would normally drive a car like this to see if I can live with it long term.

Benman
September 12th, 2011, 19:27
Hyundai builds from a very, very different philosophy. Koreans equate ride softness with quality...

^^This.^^

The reviews all state it is EXCELLENT Bang for Buck but it is NOT geared for the AMG/M/RS crowd (in alphabetical, not preferential order ;) ).