PDA

View Full Version : Any 996 guys out there in need of turbos?

yokust
September 7th, 2011, 19:50
I have had a set of perfect K16's of a 996tt car for about a year, and they are just getting in the way anymore.

Came off for a GT2 setup, at about 60kish. Was never chipped or modified before.

4everRS
September 9th, 2011, 04:11
Hmmm, do these fit on our cars? (that would be asking for trouble huh?)

speedtrapped
September 9th, 2011, 15:41
Ya know, if you ever ventured, I spoke with scroll products at length about rebuilding and hybridding our turbos....can be done, but I think would be expensive, but no fitment issues...he can replace compressor wheel, and add a 5 mm larger wheel, to do this he has to port inside of housing, but that removes 2mm of material, and hence he has to cut the inlet pipe off and weld another one(rubber O-ring housing would be compremised.) He also replaces the CHRA with BB and dual oil feeds, enlarges the turbine and then modifies the WG to add stiffer spring, and going forward the WG is interchangeable. Now in fairness, I did not get a price, I know just to rebuild CHRA and WG i think its 1200-1300. for pair, I would imagine the upgraded vains would be at least another 1500.00??, nor did I get increase in power #'s. I have DBR's on mine, but I plan on if i dont sell my stock turbos to rebuild, if #'s make sense

SteveKen
September 9th, 2011, 16:56
You don't happen to have an engine to go with these?

I think I know of someone that is currently looking for a 996TT engine.

yokust
September 9th, 2011, 23:57
Hmmm, do these fit on our cars? (that would be asking for trouble huh?)

hahaha if they did, you know these would have been on my car long ago

yokust
September 10th, 2011, 00:00
You don't happen to have an engine to go with these?

I think I know of someone that is currently looking for a 996TT engine.

No, like it said these were just removed for GT2 setup to go on. K24's, manifolds, exhaust, intercoolers, inlets, and the fun along with it

ttboost
September 10th, 2011, 00:57
What do you want to get for them?

yokust
September 10th, 2011, 06:19
I have seen them go for $1500-1800 ish

ttboost
September 10th, 2011, 11:30
Really? Sold mine for $300. I know of others who have bought them for that too...I guess don't get your expectations too high is all...

yokust
September 10th, 2011, 16:20
I just have watched what they went for on ebay, and what I can find on rennlist. But I cant post to rennlist classifieds unless been a member for so long and made enough posts