PDA

View Full Version : Kill Stories

DiscoPotato
September 3rd, 2011, 01:15
Ok, so after some searching I see that there is no "Kill Stories" thread. Being that this is the C5 RS6 section I know you all must have multiple stories and a large list of victims. So I guess I'll start.

Just for some background I do not own a C5 RS6, but I have been planning to have one as my next car for quite some time. My current Audi is a B5 S4 with some tasteful mods. I do however have the blessing to drive Dynasty23's Beast from time to time. I have to say that he is a great guy and actually lets me take the car for days at a time, of course as long as I leave him the B5 (sometimes without the exchange). Well yesterday was one of those days that he threw me the keys and which brings me to my first kill story in a C5 RS6.

So I'm about to leave work when Ehab (Dynasty23) throws me the keys to the RS6, now im in a great damn mood because I know that i'm going to be driving all the way home on the highway with the beast (although the S4 is great, it's just no comparison). So I make it all the way to the last traffic light before we hit the highway and theres some guy on an R6 weaving in and out of traffic and carrying some speed with him. So out of instinct I tag along and end up being right behind him when the light turns red. All the time sitting there and hoping this guy hits it so I can really see what this thing can do. So the light turns green, he hits it. And so do I. He had the jump, but it didn't matter. Once we started going and I overtook the car to my right , I switched into the right lane smacking the paddles to upshift and propel this monster forward. I ended up catching the bike in no time and before I know it I had overtaken him as well. Full of adrenaline and wearing the biggest grin, he pulled up besides me gave me the thumbs up and we parted ways. Ill never forget the look on this guys face and he flipped up his visor. He was in utter disbelief of what this car could do. I always knew I wanted this car for my next car, but now i'm completely sold.

So I immediately called Ehab and let him know what dirty little things his baby just did and I have to say that he commended her dirty little deeds.

C5 RS6 1- R6 - 0

So post them up. I know you all have something to share.

na1mt
September 3rd, 2011, 02:24
Did he know you were trying to race him?...lol ....
Stock RS6 0-60 4.6 sec ----------Stock R6 0-60 2.8 sec
Stock RS6 1/4 mile.....mid/high 12 sec---------Stock R6 1/4 mile....low/mid 10 sec

Unless you were in excess of 120mph you wouldn't have a chance, unless the rider was 300+ lbs with another 300lb passenger on back...lol

DiscoPotato
September 3rd, 2011, 02:33
Yes he did. I know I was shocked as well. Possibly bike/rider was not up to par.

Elevens
September 3rd, 2011, 03:12
Stock RS6 1/4 mile.....mid/high 12 sec---------Stock R6 1/4 mile....low/mid 10 sec

Unless you were in excess of 120mph you wouldn't have a chance, unless the rider was 300+ lbs with another 300lb passenger on back...lol

Don't be so quick to talk. Off the line I don't think any car has a chance against a Big bike. But on the roll its another story. I nastied up (if there is such a word) a couple of Big Bikes a while ago on the highway. The three of us entered the highway at the same time with them behind me, at which point I Dropped the hammer. Took it to about 150 at which point I backed off because this was quickly getting out of hand. At this point the Bikes had not passed me and believe you me they were wide open. When they did eventually catch me, I got nothing but thumbs up. I could tell they were both stunned. And we all went about our business after that. Needles to say the Beast even amazed me. It would seem to me that all these cars require is a good Catless free flowing exhaust system, a very good Tune and a good Transmission and not too many will best this car. Hell, 10SecS4 Gutted his Downpipes and Ran a good Tune and was running Mid to upper Elevens at English Town New Jersey. Truly amazing for a 4000+lb 4-door family hauler............................................ .....

DiscoPotato
September 3rd, 2011, 03:23
Don't be so quick to talk. Off the line I don't think any car has a chance against a Big bike. But on the roll its another story. I nastied up (if there is such a word) a couple of Big Bikes a while ago on the highway. The three of us entered the highway at the same time with them behind me, at which point I Dropped the hammer. Took it to about 150 at which point I backed off because this was quickly getting out of hand. At this point the Bikes had not passed me and believe you me they were wide open. When they did eventually catch me, I got nothing but thumbs up. I could tell they were both stunned. And we all went about our business after that. Needles to say the Beast even amazed me. It would seem to me that all these cars require is a good Catless free flowing exhaust system, a very good Tune and a good Transmission and not too many will best this car. Hell, 10SecS4 Gutted his Downpipes and Ran a good Tune and was running Mid to upper Elevens at English Town New Jersey. Truly amazing for a 4000+lb 4-door family hauler............................................ .....

Ding ding ding.. Now only if removing the DPs were a little easier.

DHall1
September 3rd, 2011, 07:37
It takes 2hrs. How easy do you need it.

Ding ding ding.. Now only if removing the DPs were a little easier.

Hammer
September 3rd, 2011, 07:45

I hope when you say big bike you're referring to Hardley Abelson's??? R6's and R1's will smoke the RS6 easily.

I have a "big bike" that can hand R1's a beat down and just about anything else on the road. The mighty VMAX! Nothing like V4 Torque
I have 200rwhp on my 2 wheeled beast

DiscoPotato
September 3rd, 2011, 13:59

Yeah removal... The entire job is what's the bitch. With a lift and all proper tools, installing DP's in my B5 took a few hours.. The time before that I, had the engine out and it was MUCH easier. (Obviously) but the decatting process still takes a good amount of time.

I can only imagine how long it would take in a C5 RS6. Plus gutting and whatnot.

I hope when you say big bike you're referring to Hardley Abelson's??? R6's and R1's will smoke the RS6 easily.

I have a "big bike" that can hand R1's a beat down and just about anything else on the road. The mighty VMAX! Nothing like V4 Torque
I have 200rwhp on my 2 wheeled beast

I am certain it was an R6 lol.

speedtrapped
September 3rd, 2011, 14:49
Tell ya what disco potato, when u roll up to ebony RS6 with titanium BBS CH-R's, wave hi and then get a good look at my ass.....

s42ski
September 3rd, 2011, 14:52
A bit of thread hijack,

So for those of us who have to get tested ever other year by the state for emissions:vgrumpy: so that they make "sure" we are not polluting....More like another way to reach into my pocket....

Does removal of the pre cats cause the flags to go up with the testing and does it throw any codes? I know other than CA that NY and NJ have to go through this nonsense.

On topic - I try to avoid racing bikes - mainly for their safety, not mine. I used to ride pre-kids. Wife made me sell the bikes.

Plenty of easy targets otherwise - most popular around here are Mustangs - they are always wanting to go! (at least once!). Corvettes are more like mobile chicanes most of the time - they are always going slow and can not be enticed to race.

DiscoPotato
September 3rd, 2011, 15:05
A bit of thread hijack,

So for those of us who have to get tested ever other year by the state for emissions:vgrumpy: so that they make "sure" we are not polluting....More like another way to reach into my pocket....

Does removal of the pre cats cause the flags to go up with the testing and does it throw any codes? I know other than CA that NY and NJ have to go through this nonsense.

On topic - I try to avoid racing bikes - mainly for their safety, not mine. I used to ride pre-kids. Wife made me sell the bikes.

Plenty of easy targets otherwise - most popular around here are Mustangs - they are always wanting to go! (at least once!). Corvettes are more like mobile chicanes most of the time - they are always going slow and can not be enticed to race.

No you will still pass, the main cats will do the job. But you MAY have a cel for your secondary O2 sensors (not exactly sure on their location). If you do get one, that can be eliminated with sparkplug defoulers placed in the secondary O2 bung to space out the sensor. Or you can just code them out.

Tell ya what disco potato, when u roll up to ebony RS6 with titanium BBS CH-R's, wave hi and then get a good look at my ass.....

OK?

Still waiting to see your RS6 come by the dealer..... I wanna see this Dahlback setup.

speedtrapped
September 4th, 2011, 02:15
I know, I have been meaning to come buy, post labor day easier. Not much to see, u can look under and see DBR pipes, but I sold DBR intake, I use FMU CAI. The DBR turbos, are tucked away.

arS6
September 4th, 2011, 08:21

2 HRS??!??! You got a write up DIY? I'll give it a try. I always wanted to gut them.

arS6
September 4th, 2011, 08:29

I used to ride. Went through 4 R1's (99, 01, and two 03) and a bunch of others. Our cars have a very good chance of beating a bike once we get past the 80-90mph mark on a straight away. Stop and go, the twisties, and off the line, the RS6 or most cars have no chance. At the same time when I use to ride, I had a Honda Civic with an Integra GSR motor and turbo charged, I had no problem keeping up with bikes and passing them. Now the current model bikes are no joke. Much more power, top and bottom end. Traction control and all that jazz.

4everRS
September 4th, 2011, 13:30
I would say if you already have a set gutted, or millteks laying around, 2 hours is possible. If you want to gut what you have it will take longer. It took me about an hour to gut my precats. This is having access to 2 snap on air hammers and 16" blunt chisels.

As far as downpipe removal, a lift is t required, but very nice to have for this. You'll need to unscrew the primary O2's to get access to all the dp nuts. When pat and I did mine we used a transverse bar on top and dropped the rear of the engine a little to gain access. Have some very good penetrating oil on hand - kroil works good. Also replace the studs and nuts as they get a little chewed up on removal. A very long extension is needed - like 3 feet.
2 HRS??!??! You got a write up DIY? I'll give it a try. I always wanted to gut them.

arS6
September 4th, 2011, 17:31
I would say if you already have a set gutted, or millteks laying around, 2 hours is possible. If you want to gut what you have it will take longer. It took me about an hour to gut my precats. This is having access to 2 snap on air hammers and 16" blunt chisels.

As far as downpipe removal, a lift is t required, but very nice to have for this. You'll need to unscrew the primary O2's to get access to all the dp nuts. When pat and I did mine we used a transverse bar on top and dropped the rear of the engine a little to gain access. Have some very good penetrating oil on hand - kroil works good. Also replace the studs and nuts as they get a little chewed up on removal. A very long extension is needed - like 3 feet.

Yup, I know about the gutting process. Did my 2.7T with just a hammer and a drill bit. No lift here, just plan to get it on 4 jack stands. You drop the rear of the motor by removing the tranny mounts right? Did you drop it enough that you have to remove and harness/hose from the top of the engine bay?

skribe
September 4th, 2011, 17:34

You're joking, right Dave?

Also there's a huge chance if your DPs have never been removed that you will break a stud from the turbo to downpipe and massively complicate the job... happens ALL THE TIME.

arS6
September 4th, 2011, 17:55
You're joking, right Dave?

Also there's a huge chance if your DPs have never been removed that you will break a stud from the turbo to downpipe and massively complicate the job... happens ALL THE TIME.

That's what I'm afraid of! Then I'm stuck at home, and can't drive it to a shop.

kismetcapitan
September 5th, 2011, 20:36
Yes he did. I know I was shocked as well. Possibly bike/rider was not up to par.

probably the case, but not exactly accurate. I'm a very avid biker, and my BMW is the fastest thing I'll ever likely own. For those who haven't ridden superbikes - it's not easy nor straightforward. You can't just slam the throttle down; the front wheel will come up and not only are you losing acceleration like crazy, if you can't handle a wheelie, you'll stain your shorts (I'm not a fan of my front leaving the ground!). It takes a fair amount of skill...and balls of steel, to run a bike at full acceleration. Most modern superbikes are fast enough that pinning the throttle takes some bravery, and a LOT of open road.

I've been taken by cars before, but I wasn't mentally prepared - you've really got to go into death race mode. When I have raced my bike and accepted that there'd be a chance I wouldn't survive, I can't really think of anything that came close to beating me. I left a 458 Italia as if he was standing still (only after he kept egging me on to race and got my goat). I've outpulled Hayabusas many times on the highway (in Korea, where such speeds won't land you in jail).

I know my RS6 is quick, but I also have a pretty good sense of what I can take and what I should walk away from. I strongly thought about bringing it to a 997 Turbo Cabrio on Friday, thinking maybe the top down would slow him down enough, but then decided I wouldn't be able to pull past.

skribe
September 6th, 2011, 04:57
As a former biker, I agree no way any C5 RS 6 is going to take a modern litrebike unless the rider doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

A couple months ago I harassed an R1 into finally showing me his taillights on the freeway... my car is running really strong this summer, and that bike took off like a freaking jet fighter when he finally went WOT. Maybe if I was driving a Switzer GT-R or a GT3 I could've hung with that bike... maybe.

Also got my ass kicked by a beautiful Ducati 999 this summer... As I should have :)

JSRS6
September 6th, 2011, 13:12
I agree as well. Although he was talking about an r6. Past 140-150, I could take a stock 600 on the highway in either of my s4's previous to the beast. When I was still bone stock in the beast, I was riding in front of a friends busa on the highway, and he said he usually doesn't even have to try to keep up with fast cars on the highway, but he did have to try with mine. Definitely woulda kicked my arse though.

RSSIK
September 6th, 2011, 19:52
I am a rider myself. I have a 2007 Kawi ZX10R.. In my eyes it is the RS6 of bikes. It is a Beast in everyway possible. (yes the new BMW is faster but mine is sexier. lol) I have yet to lose to anything to this day. I have only had to get out of 1st gear once to make sure to clear more than 5+ cars on a friends LP640. My bike will do 102+ in first gear. ive been riding for a long time and i can tell you that its all about the rider. Ive come around many busa's in my time and they have been shocked. It is all about the having the heart to do so. Ive blown away a GT3 RS, GT2, LP640, Gallardo's, skyline r32, r33, r34, and the new GT-R(GT35) superchargered s2000's, rx-7 with massive work done nothing special but a 360 modena too and MANY MANY other bikes too. Im pretty sure Im missing many other cars too but those are the ones that came to mind for now... Bikes are addicting yet very dangerous. I think every bike, rider and race is a completely dif situation and you need all the details just to make a correct assumption. Yes I am glad he beat that r6 as i have one in my showroom( and NO it wasnt me that was riding the r6 because i will never ride it again becuase its gotta be the most uncomfy bike ive ever ridden!) and its slow as hell to me but probably fast to others. And yes I am 300 lbs so i do alot of power to move me!!

na1mt
September 6th, 2011, 20:11
Like I said.....no way the guy knew he was trying to race him. The situation described was exactly where that bike makes it's power. The only way the RS6 beats any bike is : a) the rider is scared to or does not know how to launch the bike or b) starting off at speeds in excess of 120mph. On another note Dynasty, I have a car to run your R1 against in a couple weeks....like you haven't lost to a car....I haven't lost to a bike yet.....to be fair I've only raced 600's and 750's.

RSSIK
September 6th, 2011, 22:45
Ive been hearing about that NSX (..i mean that car) I could only imagine. I have no problem but we gotta do this asap before the weather gets too harsh because if it stays like this im bundling my baby up for the winter. im already heavy enough id rather not have to weigh me down any more with a thick jacket , boots and jeans.. I understand and agree with you i dont think that rider had it in him. Its crazy because unless we ever find that exact rider again well never know the truth so for now its all theory only and we may never know the real story. sucks but thats life. But ill take an L to a car of your stature. But are we talking street, track or even just highway? All are ok but ive never tracked on my bike before.

na1mt
September 6th, 2011, 23:25
I know of a couple places.....car is not allowed at track. Never tried Atco but Etown is very strict. Top speed on the R1 I think will be a little faster...if you have the balls to push it that far......lol.....I wouldn't. They are pretty evenly matched as I should be able to run mid to high 9sec 1/4 with the new build. Think it would depend on who could 60' better. You would have to launch hard.

Hammer
September 7th, 2011, 05:17
I'd run you if I was in NJ at Atco.. Do have some buddies that run their VMAX at Atco.
http://youtu.be/NZ3XBV3rovI

btw... Dynasty doesn't have an R1 he said "I have a 2007 Kawi ZX10R" if it is a stocker then it won't run sub 10's unless some major mods were done to the bike. I'd love to see your NSX lay it down!

Rick

skribe
September 8th, 2011, 03:58
Well, I did waste a ZX7 a few weeks ago. Bike pulls into the third lane at a stoplight that merges back in a few hundred yards after the intersection. Don't think he realized what he was trying to pass. I got a jump on him, he realizes he needs to get on the gas, and does...

But he's a big dude with his also badonkadonk girlfriend on the back. He winds it up and uses too much clutch. Lots of noise and he loses by a lot. I laughed my ass off. To his credit, he did smirk and give me a nod when he caught up. :)

speedtrapped
September 8th, 2011, 15:52
ok,ok...I wasnt going to brag, but...came up on a black elantra-bone stock...cruising 60mpn on the parkway...I ofcourse, floor it and smoke him...85mph feels fast.

vitalian
September 8th, 2011, 16:18
I smoked a douche-y looking dude in a red M3 about 3 weeks ago. He was not pleased.

ben916
September 8th, 2011, 17:08
ok,ok...I wasnt going to brag, but...came up on a black elantra-bone stock...cruising 60mpn on the parkway...I ofcourse, floor it and smoke him...85mph feels fast.

Dude! that was a serious street creds challenge!!! Elantra is wicked fast! Sure it wasn't "the Situation" or "Pauly"??? :)

I am ALWAYS in the MDX with the family when all the potential victims are unwittingly being scoped by me...
Then when I am in the RS6, I have no victims in sight... I tried to get a Cobra to go - he wouldn't even look at me... just the way I like it - super stealthy...

speedtrapped
September 8th, 2011, 17:26
No Ben if she was day over 90 I would be insulting here....scary look in her eyes

ttboost
September 9th, 2011, 01:38
The only way a 4500lb RS6 is beating a bike, is if the bike rider has no idea he is in a race...Sorry..I dragrace bikes and my RS6 runs good...but...

na1mt
September 9th, 2011, 01:52
The only way a 4500lb RS6 is beating a bike, is if the bike rider has no idea he is in a race...Sorry..I dragrace bikes and my RS6 runs good...but...

Ding,ding,ding......we have a winner........lol

Jimmy
September 13th, 2011, 22:19

Or you are racing me Mike on my old BMW R60/2 !! But I think I'll 'win' on style points tho.

Hey, congrats on selling your 996...I missed my 996 Cab this summer, but an AMG CLK55 Cab is in the works for next year. Man, they have bottomed out in prices too.

I absolutely DESTROYED an 80's Porsche 930 last week with the RS6....all he saw was my tailites...and I went easy on the launch too. Those poor cars are the poster children for turbo-lag.

ttboost
September 13th, 2011, 22:21
Or you are racing me Mike on my 1965 BMW R60/2 !! But I think I'll win on style points tho.

Hey, congrats on selling your 996...I missed my 996 Cab this summer, but an AMG CLK55 Cab is in the works for next year. Man, they have bottomed out in prices too.

I absolutely DESTROYED an 80's Porsche 930 last week....all he saw was my tailites...and I went easy on the launch too. Those poor cars are the poster children for turbo-lag.

Hey Jim. Yeah my 930 had a k29 on it, so I know ALL about lag, then space shuttle acceleration...

Jimmy
September 14th, 2011, 12:59
Oh man Mike...that 930 wasn't a keeper for you? I wish I saw it. Such a classic....

Hey, if you can, swing thru the Fairfield Concorse at the Hunt Club this Saturday if you can...its club day. I'm sure you see some of yer old Porsche bud's there (I'm there with the Mercedes-Benz club tho) I can give you passes for Sunday's show (a $50 value). Great show...on par with Greenwich now.

ttboost
September 14th, 2011, 16:26
Oh man Mike...that 930 wasn't a keeper for you? I wish I saw it. Such a classic....

Hey, if you can, swing thru the Fairfield Concorse at the Hunt Club this Saturday if you can...its club day. I'm sure you see some of yer old Porsche bud's there (I'm there with the Mercedes-Benz club tho) I can give you passes for Sunday's show (a $50 value). Great show...on par with Greenwich now.

Thanks, but we have a Land speed event this weekend in Maine

ben916
September 14th, 2011, 17:59
As a former biker, I agree no way any C5 RS 6 is going to take a modern litrebike unless the rider doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

Also got my ass kicked by a beautiful Ducati 999 this summer... As I should have :)

.... waiting for a "former biker" to include his credits here ________________________ {cough cough, you know who you are :) }

As a former 1995 Ducati 916 owner, I knew my kill limitations and with a dry clutch, forget it!
The R1 was WAY quicker in every way except cornering speed, the Busa was outta sight in a straight line.
The 916 with Termignoni slip ons is pure symphony.
On the track at Willow, the busa would smoke me on the straights, in the corners, I was right on his ass...

I would gladly race the RS6 against ANY bike on my choice of day in January in BEER CITY :) (stacks the cards in my favor)

skribe
September 15th, 2011, 00:04
I would gladly race the RS6 against ANY bike on my choice of day in January in BEER CITY :) (stacks the cards in my favor)

Ok Ben. I found the bike, just gotta get the ice tires mounted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neyqXj-txFA&feature=relmfu

ben916
September 15th, 2011, 04:26

I might have to eat some humble pie...

Hammer
November 3rd, 2011, 04:30
Beat a Crossfire with a supercharger for my first kill. He said he was putting out close to 390hp...pulled about a car length on him and then it was neck and neck.

I luv the silver beast!!

Elevens
November 3rd, 2011, 05:13
Beat a Crossfire with a supercharger for my first kill. He said he was putting out close to 390hp...pulled about a car length on him and then it was neck and neck.

I luv the silver beast!!

WHAT!! Neck and Neck. You better get that thing Tuned. We don't settle for no stinking Neck and Neck around here. Total destruction only.....................

skribe
November 3rd, 2011, 13:49
Seriously, you should have smoked that hairdresser car with a strap-on blower! Get a tune. My car ran neck and neck with a freaking Viper ACR last summer 30 -120. I was shocked. So was he.

snoopra
November 8th, 2011, 22:33
Nothing spectacular but, killed a '04-ish 745 on my Sunday drive:race: Looked like he was in reverse!

ben916
November 9th, 2011, 02:53
unbelievably, I have ZERO stories to tell... lame...

JSRS6
November 9th, 2011, 03:24
Don't worry Ben. Itll happen for you someday...

ben916
November 9th, 2011, 04:02
Don't worry Ben. Itll happen for you someday...

I am ALWAYS in the slowly dog slow MDX, every time... I point it out to my wife.
I did have a new cobra that wouldn't play, he wouldn't even look at me... nothing like dangling the bait in front...

kismetcapitan
November 9th, 2011, 04:57

I've heard of this bike. It's an Ohlins system (Yamaha owns Ohlins), and the front wheel is hydraulically driven. The results were impressive by all accounts, and although Ohlins has prototypes that are ready for production, no one has approached them seriously about putting it on a road bike (the 2WD system is (was?) available on Yamaha MX bikes).

Spidercat
November 10th, 2011, 01:02
I did have a new cobra that wouldn't play, he wouldn't even look at me... nothing like dangling the bait in front...

Your car must be super-duper stealth. Did you re-badge it as a Ford Five Hundred?

I bet a new exhaust would help lure the unknowing prey to their inevitable demise...
Remember, Christmas is coming, btw.

Benman
November 10th, 2011, 03:14
unbelievably, I have ZERO stories to tell... lame...
It's cool Ben, you can borrow mine ;)
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/2006-Audi-RS-6-vs-Ferrari-F40-!-!?highlight=rs6+vs+f40

kismetcapitan
November 10th, 2011, 03:17
an F40! They're a handful, and if you get it wrong, the turbos hit at the wrong time and you're flying off the curve into some extremely expensive repairs/massive writeoff....