PDA

View Full Version : So the wife looks down at my odometer...

Rally
October 7th, 2003, 18:24
and says " hey, you've only got 95 more miles to go until you get a REALLY BIG ticket".

It's only 8 miles now:D

AudiWorld has a seperate new forum for the RS6 now!
Check it out.

iconcls
October 7th, 2003, 19:30
I am sooooo not going to divulge my mileage, it's really embarrassing, I'm such a loser!:)

AvusRS6
October 8th, 2003, 00:24
Originally posted by iconcls
I am sooooo not going to divulge my mileage, it's really embarrassing, I'm such a loser!:)

I bet I have you beat! :D :addict: :addict: :addict:

Bauer
October 8th, 2003, 00:49
Oh I don't know?.....not even two months and I am at 4300miles...and I might add, the best 4300 miles I have EVER had.

My wife says, "you dont just take a ride in the RS6, Its like going into warp speed you have to prepare yourself."

She drove the car back part of the way back from Santa Barbara this last weekend. On an open streach of road had a guy in a 993 think about it, but decided to not too. I think the prospect of being beating by a 4 door sedan driven by a woman was a little too much for him. I was in the passanger seat when we passed, I looked over at him and he had an almost a painful expression on his face.:vsad2:

AvusRS6
October 8th, 2003, 03:17
Little shy of 3 months and 7300 miles! :D

JAXRS6
October 8th, 2003, 05:41
Picked up car Aug. 7, was on way to California from Michigan for a 4-week, 6000-mi trip a week later. Hope to average about 1200 mi per month now that the trip is over, but I'm exceeding that because it's so much fun to drive! Trip went well including 140 mph run at the Bonneville Salt Flats; I've already posted re the trip.

Bauer
October 8th, 2003, 17:27
I think we were set up by AoA!!!!!!

12,000, 15,000 miles a year.

HAH who the hell are they kidding? This car is way tooooo FUN to even come close to those numbers. I have already reserved myself to the fact that I am either going to pay out the nose or buy it out at the end depending on whats out.:addict:

I can't stop:incar:

AvusRS6
October 8th, 2003, 19:26
Originally posted by Bauer
I think we were set up by AoA!!!!!!

12,000, 15,000 miles a year.

HAH who the hell are they kidding? This car is way tooooo FUN to even come close to those numbers. I have already reserved myself to the fact that I am either going to pay out the nose or buy it out at the end depending on whats out.:addict:

I can't stop:incar:

I agree. I don't know of any cars I've owned that I have driven less than 20K per year. Heck, my wife put up 11K miles on her Lexus in less than 5 months and she doesn't work!

Finnus
October 9th, 2003, 02:14
That's one of the reasons I kept my S4 - so I can "manage" the miles on the beast. I'm at 4,200 miles after almost 3 months with another trip end of October. Also, I'm putting it into semi-hybernation for the winter.

Now for those of you that think I'm crazy, remember, absense makes the heart grow fonder. Everytime I get into the Beast, it's like getting it new again. Imagine how it will be with a 3-4 month absense. It will be like waiting for delivery after MS7, with one big difference - I'll be able to "cheat" at any time and take it out whenever I want. And, I'll probably take it out at least once a week.

Any words of wisdom on proper care while in semi-hybernation? I think I'll start a thread on this ...

Finnus

:addict:

jimmy94507
October 14th, 2003, 04:27
Just over 2 months, delivery on 7 August. Have 5250 miles on it, and like Bauer, I've enjoyed every minute. Just returned from a 2 week trip to N. New Mexico and back to N. California adding about 3200 miles of great driving. Happened to be in Santa Fe when they were having the annual Alfa Romeo antique racing car gathering. About 20 of the rarest Alfa's ever assembled. Those people got to spend 4 days driving local highways on 4 different routes layed out by Denise McCluggage, and friends. We also got to attend the "Tuesday car table" lunch with the local car fanatics. Quite a gathering of notables. All in all, a great trip in a great car with excellent road manners. We're looking forward to many more miles like those.

Regards, Jim