PDA

View Full Version : Total Loss -- Irene, I hate you! MANY VERY COOL THINGS for SALE!

Stephencl
September 1st, 2011, 18:50
Folks,

It looks like my beloved RS6 and I will be parting ways. I have owned this beauty since it had 19K miles. It was a lovely relationship. I will truly miss her. The storm surge got the best of her....

Due to this unusual event, I will have some amazing items up for grabs.

1) Complete Bennett Coilover set NEW in box (not wet). I paid $1975 to get the boss spherical spring perches up front the aluminium rears that are NLA . I would like to get $1750 plus shipping. These are unreal. Would put the quality and finish above my KW3's and the Bilstein units.
2) FMU intake kit -- these were sold here on the site. This is NEW in the very wet box. You should get new filters, but everything else is perfect. I paid $1100. I would give $200 off to buy new filter elements. You will also need to get a copy of the instructions from FMU. So $900 plus shipping. ( I have been told the filters will dry out fine, but you may want new ones. This is an amazing set up.. Please do a search to find out.
3) Powder coated set of factory alloys...satin black. Never mounted. I have a set of 5 rims that I just had re-finished in Satin Black. They look AMAZING. I will post a photo. Best wheel work I have every seen. Undecernable from new. I would like to get $1200 for the five. I just paid $900 to have them re-finished. Plus shipping. Center caps not painted, but included.
4) Two factory alloys, need to be straightened and refinished. $250 for the pair. plus shipping
5) Tune up kit as offered here by Pat a couple months ago. New in box was $385. Sell for $350 plus shipping. Nothing wet here.
6) Milltek Cat back exhuast, been on the car for about a 10K miles. Like to get $900.
7) Aluminium paddles. They were shown and discussed here on the site. Last set I know of. Plus and minus painted red. $250 shipping inlcuded.
8) Set of Factory floor mats...A6, no script in black NEW in the box $100 plus shipping.
9) RNS-E bought from forum member 2 months ago. Excellent condition, includes all harnesses, XM module, antenea extension, installation manuals etc.... $1200 shipped. Never wet, was at home waiting to install.
10) CARBON lip spoiler/bumper extension. NLA and not available here in the states. This is the one I had been saving in my garage for the finished beauty queen. The coolest piece I have ever owned. It was on my car for 3 days before taking it to NJ. It has been clear bra'd with the thicker headlight film for durability. $1400 firm. -- Sold.
11) Finally, I have a rear deck with the factory sun-shade installed. Never put it into my car. I bought it about 4 years ago out of a 10K wrecked car. It is perfect. Would be an awesome addtion to any car without the rear sun shade. Excellent installaltion instructions on Audizine. Does not include switch. $400 plus shipping...this is a steal, I think I paid around $700. Includes rear deck, blind, motor, wiring.

I have a few photos of the Coilovers and the wheels and the lip spolier. Everything else can be found on the site...This maybe one of the worst days of my life......

Warm regards,

Stephen

twinsteve
September 1st, 2011, 18:53
So sorry to hear Stephen! I can only imagine your pain....I would love to see a pix of the powdercoated wheels...am interested....Steve

Stephencl
September 1st, 2011, 19:21
Here are a few pics of what the wheels look like. Notice how well the inside of the barrel and complete wheel are refinished.

Also, I have included a couple shots of the lip spoiler.

Stephen

mi021le
September 1st, 2011, 19:55
im intrested in the paddles... please send me pics at mcproduct81@aol.com thank you, jay

eurotunedrs6
September 1st, 2011, 19:59
Very sorry to hear. How damaged did the car get?

Looks like you had some great plans for her. Perfect excuse to wait for the new S model when they come out or even a TTRS right now.

speedtrapped
September 1st, 2011, 20:03
stephen call me pls...office #

Patrick Godfrey
September 1st, 2011, 20:03
Very sorry to hear. Hope the insurance company makes you whole. I'd love to take the RNS-E off your hands. Can wire funds tomorrow a.m.

JSRS6
September 1st, 2011, 20:19
I know what Stephen wants...lip spoiler?

speedtrapped
September 1st, 2011, 20:21
Bingo....sold!

speedtrapped
September 1st, 2011, 20:27
Stephen, in all seriousness- I hope this is not a final goodbye...Maybe another RS6 down the road....C7? for now go find the Vagon....its awesome.

Stephencl
September 1st, 2011, 20:31
Patrick,

I sent you a PM....thanks Stephen. Will box it up this weekend.

Stephen

Stephencl
September 1st, 2011, 20:32
Jay,

I will have them back tomorrow. I will send you photos over the weekend.

Stephen

MaxRS6
September 1st, 2011, 21:26
Dang- That is terrible news and sad to hear. Good luck with whatever replaces it. I hope you and your community a speedy recovery.

Erik
September 1st, 2011, 21:48
Sorry to hear. Good luck with your plans.

Stephencl
September 1st, 2011, 22:08
Erik,

Thank you so much for your note. As you know, I was one of the early members here and one of the long time folks. You have provided a fabulous forum and hopefully I will be back here soon.

Warm regards,

Stephen

PALETTE
September 1st, 2011, 22:13
Sorry to hear that Steven.

I am intersted in the " 1) Complete Bennett Coilover set NEW in box (not wet). I paid $1975 to get the boss spherical spring perches up front the aluminium rears that are NLA . I would like to get $1750 plus shipping. These are unreal. Would put the quality and finish above my KW3's and the Bilstein units.

Stephencl
September 1st, 2011, 22:23
Okay....they are amazing. I did about 3 weeks of solid research before making a purchase. I have KW3's on my TT, I have never been happy with the plastic spring perches and the very narrow upper strut body. They are the bomb. I will PM you my cell number if you want to talk.

Stephen

RSSIK
September 1st, 2011, 22:38
Sorry for your loss. Hope all goes well with insurance. What exactly happened to the car? STUPID QUESTION BUT YOU DONT HAVE THE BOOKS/OWNERS MANUALS FOR THE CAR DO YOU? I dout ill ever use them but hate not having them. Thanks

Stephencl
September 1st, 2011, 22:51
Yes, of course. I have them all. I will see if I can remove them for you.

Stephen

covertw12
September 1st, 2011, 23:29
Sorry for your loss Stephen - i can't imagine.....

Hopefully your insurance company takes good care of you..... if you're interested in staying in the fold my car is for sale and priced agressively..... many of the mods you'd consdier are done !

All the best ~

E

kismetcapitan
September 2nd, 2011, 00:45
that's a terrible loss; I do hope your insurance makes you whole and gets you into something better!

Is the Milltek a non-res? If so, I'll take it.

skribe
September 2nd, 2011, 00:51
DAMN YOU SPEEDTRAPPED FOR GRABBING THAT CARBON LIP!!! Why oh why did I have too busy a day in the office to see this post!!!

So sorry to hear of your loss stephen... here's to hoping you find a new beast and stay with the tribe.

will your insurance company let you buy back the salvage? you could do well to do that and part it out if they will. and if they would, I want some parts!

Stephencl
September 2nd, 2011, 01:01
Thanks guys...my insurance company told me with all the claims in the Northeast, it could be as long as a month until resolved. And you know they are going to low ball me on the value. I am going to stick to my guns however. They will have to show me another RS6 in as good as condition with only 70K miles for me to consider their offer....it wont be fun.

As far as the Milltek it is resonated and black tipped. There are a couple interested, but no cash yet.

Stephen

speedtrapped
September 2nd, 2011, 02:06
DAMN YOU SPEEDTRAPPED FOR GRABBING THAT CARBON LIP!!! Why oh why did I have too busy a day in the office to see this post!!!

So sorry to hear of your loss stephen... here's to hoping you find a new beast and stay with the tribe.

will your insurance company let you buy back the salvage? you could do well to do that and part it out if they will. and if they would, I want some parts!

Slow day at work for me.

bmlee007
September 2nd, 2011, 02:13
Stephen,

I tried to send you a PM, but it didn't show up in my sent folder, so I'll reply here. As all of the others have said already, I'm sorry to hear what happened. I have family in NC who escaped with only slight damage, and I just spent three days in central NY where they still don't have power.

I would like to take that FMU intake off your hands. PM me and I can paypal you the funds. Also, what are your thoughts about swapping ECU/TCU? Let me know. Thanks.

kismetcapitan
September 2nd, 2011, 02:19
resonated Milltek...argh, so close :( I'm out of the running.

DHall1
September 2nd, 2011, 03:53
Stephen,

I sent you a PM. This just sucks and all the other damage just must make you sick. Did the other cars take the hit as well?

If the floor mats are avail I will take them.

ben916
September 2nd, 2011, 04:45
This situation sucks...

Stephencl
September 2nd, 2011, 05:26
yes it does....i can't tell you how sad it is...after 6 years, and 51K it really sucks. Plus it will be another dead VIN to add to the list.....As I just told Dave, the worst part is the $4k out of pocket I just spent to get the bumpers and paint perfect....aughhhhhh! Going to bed now, my head hurts after today.

By the way,

Carbon Lip -- Sold
RNS-E -- Sold
FMU intake -- Sold
Mats -- Sold
Exhaust -- Sale Pending
Paddles -- Sale Pending
Wheels and Coilovers Still availble.
Timing belt group buy kit -- Still available

The photos do not do the wheels justice....Stephen perhaps you should chime in on the wheels since you have seen them in the flesh....they are that cool.

Thanks for all the PM and emails everybody. I will miss the family here.

Warm regards,

Stephen

DHall1
September 2nd, 2011, 05:57
Listen gang. I have been on PM and email with Stephen. He is going to need recent sales of RS6's to document fair market value for his car. He will be starting a new thread for some help. I know we have several new members that could reveal current market pricing for the RS6. Pat has just sold his 95k mile car for xxxx and can help. Who else?

streetsoffire
September 2nd, 2011, 06:23
The floor mats: Still in the box? They didn't get wet did they? I am wondering if they will fit my S6, assuming the cut of the mat is the same for all the 4.2 V8 C5 cars. I heard something about the trans tunnels on the 2.7T and 3.0 are different than the V8's, so the mats form those cars won't work in my car..........I know my motor isn't the same as the one in the RS6, but maybe the trans tunnel is formed the same, meaning I could use the mats. Anyone have a clue?
If they are, I will take them....

Whoops! Just saw that they are sold. Crikey.

eurotunedrs6
September 2nd, 2011, 07:05
Your inbox is full stephencl. I was trying to reply about the exhaust.

rossinn
September 2nd, 2011, 09:53
Stephencl clear your inbox :D

twinsteve
September 2nd, 2011, 10:31
Listen gang. I have been on PM and email with Stephen. He is going to need recent sales of RS6's to document fair market value for his car. He will be starting a new thread for some help. I know we have several new members that could reveal current market pricing for the RS6. Pat has just sold his 95k mile car for xxxx and can help. Who else?

I will provide data for my purchase when he gets a new thread going

Stephencl
September 2nd, 2011, 11:58
Mailbox cleaned up....PM away.

Stephen

speedtrapped
September 2nd, 2011, 13:38
I have seen the PC wheels of Stephen's...they are awesome. Nicest PC job I have ever seen.

dinah-mo-humm
September 2nd, 2011, 14:42
Is your instrument cluster plexiglass in good shape? Mine is cracked and I would love to buy yours if available. 415-810-2669.

nistah
September 2nd, 2011, 16:27
Stephen

Sorry to hear about your RS6. Couple questions:

How much for the Timing belt group buy kit?
Also what color is the rear decklid w/ sunshade Black or Silver?
Thanks,
Nistah

RSSIK
September 2nd, 2011, 16:54
Yes, of course. I have them all. I will see if I can remove them for you.

Stephen

Thank you and let me know how much I owe you and where to send it to? also just curious is your spare tire kit complete(tools, pump, ? mine isnt, actually its missing almost everything if you would be willing to sell that too id be more than happy to take it.. Thanks again.

Stephencl
September 2nd, 2011, 18:01
Stephen

Sorry to hear about your RS6. Couple questions:

How much for the Timing belt group buy kit?
Also what color is the rear decklid w/ sunshade Black or Silver?
Thanks,
Nistah

We all paid 385 when we ought them from Pat. Asking 350 shipped. The rear deck is the dark gray to go with the black leather. I will make you a good deal for the pair. Pm me.

vr430
September 2nd, 2011, 18:30
We all paid 385 when we ought them from Pat. Asking 350 shipped. The rear deck is the dark gray to go with the black leather. I will make you a good deal for the pair. Pm me.

Dang, I have a tan interior, otherwise I woudl be all over the rear deck.

I'll take the kit. PM sent.

ThrillHouse
September 2nd, 2011, 19:41
You have a PM on the belly pan / silencer if you feel like taking it off

mmaturo
September 2nd, 2011, 19:49
Wow, sorry to hear about this Stephen. Good luck with the insurance. I can't imagine losing anything this way. If you have State Farm they were good to me about giving me full value of all upgrades on the car.

na1mt
September 3rd, 2011, 00:02
Just met up with Stephen on his way home to pick up some goodies for myself and Speedtrapped.....forever to be known now as the "lipmaster".....until he breaks it off....anyone want to start a group pool for how long that takes?

On another note Stephen it was great to meet you and I wish you luck with your insurance claim and hunt for a replacement

ben916
September 3rd, 2011, 00:05
Just met up with Stephen on his way home to pick up some goodies for myself and Speedtrapped.....forever to be known now as the "lipmaster".....until he breaks it off....anyone want to start a group pool for how long that takes?

On another note Stephen it was great to meet you and I wish you luck with your insurance claim and hunt for a replacement

Once installed, I give it 3 days :)

na1mt
September 3rd, 2011, 00:26
Lmao......There happens to be a couple of dips at quite a few of the intersecting roads by his house....I say he doesn't make it a mile....lol

MaxRS6
September 3rd, 2011, 00:31

Considering mine looks like the below- it would last less than a hour on my car. The lowered stance doesn't really help with this issue. Takes me several hours to make it through the kid's school parking lot with the multiple speed bumps. Maybe I should bag it- LOL...00

Dent doctor said they will fix and spray the entire front bumper for $375...

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/RS6%20Turbo/Spoiler.jpg?t=1315006249

na1mt
September 3rd, 2011, 00:42
Since it's the only one to exist I think that a mold should be made for replacements....lol

TozoM8
September 3rd, 2011, 03:39
Folks,

It looks like my beloved RS6 and I will be parting ways. I have owned this beauty since it had 19K miles. It was a lovely relationship. I will truly miss her. The storm surge got the best of her....

Due to this unusual event, I will have some amazing items up for grabs.

1) Complete Bennett Coilover set NEW in box (not wet). I paid $1975 to get the boss spherical spring perches up front the aluminium rears that are NLA . I would like to get $1750 plus shipping. These are unreal. Would put the quality and finish above my KW3's and the Bilstein units.
2) FMU intake kit -- these were sold here on the site. This is NEW in the very wet box. You should get new filters, but everything else is perfect. I paid $1100. I would give $200 off to buy new filter elements. You will also need to get a copy of the instructions from FMU. So $900 plus shipping. ( I have been told the filters will dry out fine, but you may want new ones. This is an amazing set up.. Please do a search to find out.
3) Powder coated set of factory alloys...satin black. Never mounted. I have a set of 5 rims that I just had re-finished in Satin Black. They look AMAZING. I will post a photo. Best wheel work I have every seen. Undecernable from new. I would like to get $1200 for the five. I just paid $900 to have them re-finished. Plus shipping. Center caps not painted, but included.
4) Two factory alloys, need to be straightened and refinished. $250 for the pair. plus shipping
5) Tune up kit as offered here by Pat a couple months ago. New in box was $385. Sell for $350 plus shipping. Nothing wet here.
6) Milltek Cat back exhuast, been on the car for about a 10K miles. Like to get $900.
7) Aluminium paddles. They were shown and discussed here on the site. Last set I know of. Plus and minus painted red. $250 shipping inlcuded.
8) Set of Factory floor mats...A6, no script in black NEW in the box $100 plus shipping.
9) RNS-E bought from forum member 2 months ago. Excellent condition, includes all harnesses, XM module, antenea extension, installation manuals etc.... $1200 shipped. Never wet, was at home waiting to install.
10) CARBON lip spoiler/bumper extension. NLA and not available here in the states. This is the one I had been saving in my garage for the finished beauty queen. The coolest piece I have ever owned. It was on my car for 3 days before taking it to NJ. It has been clear bra'd with the thicker headlight film for durability. $1400 firm. -- Sold.
11) Finally, I have a rear deck with the factory sun-shade installed. Never put it into my car. I bought it about 4 years ago out of a 10K wrecked car. It is perfect. Would be an awesome addtion to any car without the rear sun shade. Excellent installaltion instructions on Audizine. Does not include switch. $400 plus shipping...this is a steal, I think I paid around $700. Includes rear deck, blind, motor, wiring.

I have a few photos of the Coilovers and the wheels and the lip spolier. Everything else can be found on the site...This maybe one of the worst days of my life......

Warm regards,

Stephen

It sucks big time :( What are you going to do with the car?

Stephencl
September 3rd, 2011, 12:43
Folks,

I wanted to provide an update and also comment on what is still available. I went to the shop yesterday to get all the parts out of the trunk etc... The damage was worse than I had expected. When I opened the glove box, water came pouring out. The owners manuals are ruined and mold had already started to take place.

Also, I will not by buying back this car. Unfortunately that means that I will NOT be taking off various bits. I apologize to the folks on the board, but I really dont have the stomach to go through that process. So those that have requested this bit, or that bit, know that this is not an option. As you can tell from the parts that were available, this car meant a lot to me.

So far everything has been sold except for the wheels, and the rear deck lid. The wheels lost their boxes, and one of the wheels had a very slight bit of scraping occur to the back rim lip. It is very slight and of course won't be noticed when mounted, and will not affect mounting. However, as ALL five are no longer perfect. I have lowered the price of the wheels to $1000 plus shipping. That only $100 more than I just paid to have them refinished. I am also lowering the price of the rear deck and sunshade to $250 plus shipping. The read deck is more of a med gray color for those who are considering it. It came out of an Avus car.

Thank you to the folks that responded so quickly and took the rest of the things off my hands. The outpouring of concern and well wishes have been amazing. I will start a new thread on the value subject in the next day or two.

Thank again for everyting!

Warm regards,

Stephen

bmlee007
September 4th, 2011, 01:37
Stephen,

Not sure if you got my last PM. Send me a message when you have time to let me know where we can meet. Thanks, looking forward to installing that FMU intake!

DonS
September 7th, 2011, 14:54
Bummer loosing the RS6. I hope the insurance company takes good care of you.

Disconnect the battery to limit the corrosion. If anyone is crazy enough to try to rebuild it, they will thank you.

Vinnyturbo
September 7th, 2011, 15:59
Folks,

It looks like my beloved RS6 and I will be parting ways...

Stephen

Hi Stephren,
I registered just to be able to say how sad to see this amazing car destroyed, and ask you about any other car parts you may be able to salvage off the car. I recently bought Audi Allroad with manual transmission and 2.7 tubo engine, and potentially interested in any parts that can be considered an upgrade to the Allroad, like seats, brakes, rear bumper cover, carbon fiber or dark wood interior trim (if you had this), anything else you can think of. Please text or call me seven zero three 338-9193.