PDA

View Full Version : MTM shift chip finally in!

lswing
September 1st, 2011, 17:04
Well after a few months and few dollars I've got the chip in finally. First impressions are good. Shifts are tightened up a bit overall, and in auto the shift point is certainly higher. Also seems to go higher the further my foot is into the throttle. Shifting is more predictable and it doesn't seem to be searching around for the right gear as much, it would kind of jump back and forth between gears when driving easy around town before.

After all this, I do have an extra stock TCU which could be nice in the long run, although it's worth a good bit of cash. I would recommend having Hoppen do the solder work for sure as they don't charge a lot and are liable for it. My mech had a few problems, toasted some leads, and there went a $500 (used) TCU the first time around...

MaxRS6
September 1st, 2011, 21:29
Congrats on getting it sorted out!

ThrillHouse
September 2nd, 2011, 13:23
I will be doing this shortly - I just need to figure out when I can have the car down for the 2 days it will need while FedEx does their thing!

lswing
September 2nd, 2011, 18:41
I will be doing this shortly - I just need to figure out when I can have the car down for the 2 days it will need while FedEx does their thing!

Buy an extra TCU! I might let mine go if interested, $400 shipped, pass on the good deal...

ThrillHouse
September 2nd, 2011, 19:37
Thanks - I've certainly thought about it. It'd be nice if they had a core program, especially for something so 'simple' to R&R. I should be able to work from home or reduce myself to taking the Bus/T for a couple of days. Not quite the RS6 but it'll get me places!