PDA

View Full Version : Just a question.....

kilian tuning
August 23rd, 2011, 16:12
I was asking myself: how much horsepower will be left of the original 450hp after nearly ten years and 100.000km... of course it depends on the maintenance of the car, regular Oil changes, fuel type/quality, box, drive behaviour etc..
Therefore, it wont be able to reach the 0-60 time in 4.9 seconds, maybe even quik is a r32 golf...
I remember a topgear issue when they tested how much hp was left after years and thousands of miles/kms on several cars... it was dramatically low...

Of course a chiptune will rise the amount of hp, but thats also temporarely..

Aronis
August 23rd, 2011, 17:41
I'm not sure that's correct.

Many engines actually perform BETTER after some miles.

My car has 118,000 miles on it and still pulls as hard as ever!

Mike

skribe
August 25th, 2011, 01:21
Yes, unless your piston rings are so worn as to dramatically reduce compression, there's no reason why your car will be dramatically slower at 100k miles or a150k km or whatever...

in my experience, my cars keep getting faster until I get rid of them. Of course, that's because I keep tuning them ;)

Brav
August 25th, 2011, 04:30
Ferrari engines for sure make more power after about 10k miles.. the only reason they wouldnt is loss of compression from wear.

DHall1
August 25th, 2011, 05:54
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/336352-Audi-FSI-Engine-Carbon-Build-up-Megathread

And clearly, we have several members with data logs and dyno runs on higher mileage RS6s that make plenty of power. My .02 on the stock RS6 tune....way too lean stock with higher than needed EGT numbers. Even if you dont want to raise boost you should think about a remap of the A/F ratio.

Yes, gas mileage will suffer....but that is not why we drive the RS6. eh

RSSIK
August 25th, 2011, 16:36
^^ +1 I agree with him.. ;)