PDA

View Full Version : rear seat won't fold :(

kismetcapitan
August 23rd, 2011, 08:47
the driver's side rear seat won't unlock, or rather, I just pull the lever fruitlessly and the tag doesn't pop up and nothing happens. Other side (the larger fold-down rear seat) works fine.

I've noticed this on every RS6 I've looked at...is this a common issue? Is it an easy repair?

JSRS6
August 23rd, 2011, 12:20
Ive never had any problems folding my rear seats. Does the lever on the driver side feel like it has the same amount of give as the pass. side? You make sure it's unlocked? A couple times I dis have to pull pretty hard on the lever.

LIRS6
August 23rd, 2011, 15:27
No issues here after 7 years

hahnmgh63
August 23rd, 2011, 16:37
Sometimes the latches can bind a bit. Press the seat back with one hand and with the other release the latch. Works 100% of the time on my car. I never try it without a little pressure on the seat back as I'm trying to save the wear and tear on the latches.

JSRS6
August 23rd, 2011, 16:52
That sounds about right. I usually lean in when I push against the seat as I release the latch.

kismetcapitan
August 24th, 2011, 08:21
thanks, that worked a charm! I think it hadn't been used in a while? Works perfectly fine now, with or without pressure on the seat. And none too soon either; the Better Half has an unusually bad case of PMS this month, and instead of dealing with some very absurd issues, I went and...found that the RS6 can be used as a CAMPER! Fold down the seats, lay down a thin mattress, and it was surprisingly comfortable and not at all claustrophobic. Gotta love cars; they're always there for you when you need them :)

ben916
August 24th, 2011, 16:49
May I suggest for her -> 2010 BMW S1000RR, everything but the kitchen sink - then she doesn't have to do the dishes :)

kismetcapitan
August 26th, 2011, 10:22
May I suggest for her -> 2010 BMW S1000RR, everything but the kitchen sink - then she doesn't have to do the dishes :)

oh, I assure you my vehicles are pampered...regarding dishes, that's what a wife is for!!! :D (prayers that the Better Half doesn't read this forum, then I am SCREWED :P)