PDA

View Full Version : Sadly it's time to REALLY put my baby up for sale....

covertw12
August 20th, 2011, 21:42
I soft pedaled it but was half-arsed about trying not wanting to give her up..... a new job has me traveling a ton and hate to see her just sitting there. She is in amazing shape with no stories or excuses, and as well sorted as you'd expect with a baseline of mods to support any level of tune in the future. Perhaps best of all the car has the balance of the fidelity Plat. warranty to 75k or 8/14.

Email or pm me if you're interested in more info, pictures etc... I have all the records, original sticker, portolio and all keys.

The Beast currently has 46k on her - I'm asking $35,000 in the interest of finding her a loving home sooner then later.

( yes I know I'll be hating myself in 3 months....)

Cheers !

hahnmgh63
August 21st, 2011, 00:49
Covertw12, how do you like the Labree DP's? Were they a good fit or were there any tweaks that had to be done? I'm trying to get a price on Catless Milltek's from Unit 20 but it has been over a week and I haven't heard back so I thought I may just go with Labree's or else I'm going to stick with Gutted OEM's. I'm not sure I see the benefit of the Labree split pipe on the Turbo end of the DP's though as there isn't a split coming out of the Turbo's, just one big opening.

covertw12
August 21st, 2011, 02:50
the pipes both took a long time and had an issue that USP had to resolve with the angle of the sensor. not a dealbraker but for the $..... they do add a tangible amount of lower end but I'd think piggies would be a decent 90% solution and apply the extra 1k to some other fun part..... perhaps Milteks if you're set of doing them ?

BTW I truly am jealous of your white color as we hit our 23rd straight day over 100.... ughh.

What else are you considering for mods ?

Cheers ~

E

covertw12
August 22nd, 2011, 04:13
long shot but..... my thought is to get something that defies comparison.....i love the fj80 i have in the islands so think that is my current direction over the s5 cab

cheers

na1mt
August 25th, 2011, 03:18
Could you post up pics please....or email them to me at rcn971@aol.com

covertw12
August 26th, 2011, 00:27
Pics sent....

ntrcptr
August 26th, 2011, 06:52
please send pics. to albiosj@gmail.com. I know of an MD with a similar hobby

covertw12
September 2nd, 2011, 20:17
Pice change to $34k to try to generate a deal...... I'd love to find her a home this month.

covertw12
September 12th, 2011, 21:57
NEW price change to 32k to try to find her a new home, and to reflect the pending brake service ( likely within 2-3k according to my Indy at this tire rotation.

I've made the sad decision that I'm going to get a Landcruiser for a DD and find a dedicated toy car for weekends and fun.

I'm list her on Autotrader tonight but would MUCH rather find her a home with a fellow enthusiast....

Cheers~

E

speedtrapped
September 13th, 2011, 01:49
Erich, I don't get it, your is perfect IMO.

LqurBaron
September 18th, 2011, 13:50
I've been following your approach to finding my RS6 for the last several months, looking for the nicest example and best cared for Beast out there that I can afford (the 6k queen was beyond my reach). Should have joined here months ago! I've decided mods are good (my Porsche purist buddy disagrees, but his is a '59), and you've made some really nice ones. I'd like to find a way work a deal if we can.

I also saw you put it up on auto trader, sent you an email from there, too.

JSRS6
September 18th, 2011, 15:34
Finally!

covertw12
September 18th, 2011, 22:09
Haha - we'll see..... I had to do a 1k road trip this weekend for work ( they offered to fly me but I wanted the seat time with my baby) and the car just never ceases to amaze me with how it performs....

With cooler temps it's amazing at what she pulls like on the 100 octane setting with a frsh tank of Aces..... the poor guy in the new Shelby Mustang couldn't believe what happened to him, nor could the CTSV this afternoon on damp roads...... ( but that thing seeemd DAMN fast once we got on dry stuff....)

Whatever I own after will be anti climactic...... but we all know that.

Hopefully I can find her the right owner that will continue the vision and frequent the board....

Cheer~

covertw12
November 3rd, 2011, 10:49
Back up for sale - now with 55k on the clock and a new ding to the rear quarter/ bumper ( damn illegal uninsured kia driver....)...... it has fresh brakes, service and is going in next week for the Fuel tank recall and full insepection....

Asking 28k as-is - Looking for a quick sale as I foresee another 5k in driving in the next month if I don't make a change now.

The estimate of the repair for the rear is 1600-2200 , all three shops think the quarter panel can be fixed and it's just a new rear bumper skin ( great time to do a custom rear differ for the next owner...)

The Fidelity warranty still has another 20k on it, or until 8/14.

The car, other then the painful ding is in amazing shape and running like a freight train now that it's cooler..... the interior is flawless other then minor wear on drivers seat.

Email or PM me if you'd like current pics or more info. I have all service records, build receipts and the windowsticker and full set of keys, and leatherRS6 presentation folder.