PDA

View Full Version : What a week ... Mov'it and Sportech coming!

nene
August 19th, 2011, 02:25
This has been a major week for RS6 purchases.

Last Friday I placed an order for replacement rotors and pads for my Mov'it setup. Great to work with Tom (Mov'it USA (http://movitbrakesusa.com/)).
I'll have to remember and order new wheel bearings. Might as well replace those while at it.

Today I placed an order with Alain (Sportech salesperson) for the Sportech cooling system. Order to be finalized by Tuesday. I decided to pass on the engine and gearbox oil cooler at this time. I'll have to ask and see if maybe those can be purchased later if I decide to go that route. The once mighty US dollar is unfortunately weak, making the whole system a bit too expensive at this time. But these folks were easy to deal with, and certainly very responsive. Great deal all around in the end.

I'll make sure to take some nice pix once the stuff gets in. If I decide to do any of the work myself, I'll have to get a write up done.

My contacts:
Mov'it USA: Tom(AT)TFEnt(DOT)com
Sportech: alain(DOT)dominik(AT)sportec(DOT)ch
E-mails desguised just a bit.

DHall1
August 19th, 2011, 04:21
I ordered a Milltek exhaust for mine. I have not spent a dime on my car in over a year...so the CFO said yes. ;-)

What is involved in the Sportec cooling system??

This has been a major week for RS6 purchases.

Last Friday I placed an order for replacement rotors and pads for my Mov'it setup. Great to work with Tom (Mov'it USA (http://movitbrakesusa.com/)).
I'll have to remember and order new wheel bearings. Might as well replace those while at it.

Today I placed an order with Alain (Sportech salesperson) for the Sportech cooling system. Order to be finalized by Tuesday. I decided to pass on the engine and gearbox oil cooler at this time. I'll have to ask and see if maybe those can be purchased later if I decide to go that route. The once mighty US dollar is unfortunately weak, making the whole system a bit too expensive at this time. But these folks were easy to deal with, and certainly very responsive. Great deal all around in the end.

I'll make sure to take some nice pix once the stuff gets in. If I decide to do any of the work myself, I'll have to get a write up done.

My contacts:
Mov'it USA: Tom(AT)TFEnt(DOT)com
Sportech: alain(DOT)dominik(AT)sportec(DOT)ch
E-mails desguised just a bit.

na1mt
August 19th, 2011, 04:42
Upgraded intercoolers, carbon air ducts and install kit.........It looks like $6051.00!!!!!!

LIRS6
August 19th, 2011, 13:19
Upgraded intercoolers, carbon air ducts and install kit.........It looks like $6051.00!!!!!!

6 grand for intercoolers? .. can't be

na1mt
August 20th, 2011, 01:31
Check out the Sportec website.....they get mad money for everything.

JSRS6
August 20th, 2011, 02:12
$6051 is in Swiss francs. That includes installation. Not applicable for us.

Price adjusted to us dollars WITHOUT installation or shipping: $6460.

MaxRS6
August 20th, 2011, 03:37
I ordered a Milltek exhaust for mine. I have not spent a dime on my car in over a year...so the CFO said yes. ;-)..

Welcome to the growl side!! My wife recognizes my car several blocks away from the distinctive rumble. Recently- I had to pick her up. She was talking to several people outside while waiting for me. She tells the group "here comes my ride" before I was in line of sight. They said where?? And she just responded that she could hear the car. Sure enough- I roll in and confirm her ears..;0