PDA

View Full Version : Throwing out this feeler for you boost addicts

na1mt
August 18th, 2011, 02:47
Had a conversation with my turbo shop at length about the RS6 today. He is confident he can design/build/tune a system for us that would make up to 1000 HP at the wheels depending on the insanity of the owner. As far as I know there are no shops in the USA offering this type of upgrade. Of coarse I imagine a resleeve, pistons and rods would be part of the equation. Like I said just really throwing it out here to see if there would be any interest at all. I can speculate that the pricing would be in the 15-18k range with the motor rebuild. I think the only problem to be sorted would be the transmission,which I will inquire if possible at Level 10.

4everRS
August 18th, 2011, 04:01
I call bullshit.

Big talker if you ask me. Even the crazy bastards at Gumpert max out this platform at 800 ps.

na1mt
August 18th, 2011, 04:52
My built 3.0 6cyl motor makes upwards of 850 at the wheels on race fuel....regular 93 octane pump conservative tune 600wheel. The earth was once thought to be flat as well. More fuel + more boost + proper tuning = more power. Having come from another side of tuning(Japanese platforms) I never understood the concept of "one flash fits all" since every motor and situation is relatively unique based on climate, sea level, engine tolerances...bla,bla,bla. Having said that why would you think that if you address strengthening the bottom end, increase the fuel delivery capacity and add bigger turbos that that number cannot be reached? I'm not looking to start any heated debates especially since I'm relatively new here....simply asked if it was something that perked interest if it is in fact possible. The only real issues I can forsee are the transmission and the size of the space that is able to be utilized to accommodate the bigger turbos.

hahnmgh63
August 18th, 2011, 05:21
Anything is possible but there are many questions a builder that hasn't doen it before needs to ask or else it will be trial and error. How much power will the Rods take? The crankshaft? Pistons? Will it need additional cooling above & beyond the 3 radiator standard in N. America? Special Headgaskets? Special exhaust manifolds to handle the flow? Sounds like a lot of money could be involved but it is possible with lots of money.

na1mt
August 18th, 2011, 05:36
As I posted from the start a motor build would include a resleeve,rods and pistons to handle the power. The only mystery would be the crankshaft. The exhaust manifold would be scrapped for a total replacement all the way back to your rear bumper. Basically take your complete turbo system and start over.

DHall1
August 18th, 2011, 05:37
I can understand your passion to build the super killer beast at 1000hp but there may be the reality of why the other owners here have an RS6 parked in the garage. Most owners that purchased this car at 90-80-70k and even 40-50k are just happy with a rare piece of RS history and enjoy the car for what it is. It is what it is and I dont imagine I could reinvent the wheel for 15-18k. Hell, I have had my car for over 3yrs and I'm just getting around to buying a Milltek exhaust. Just the exhaust is costing me 1600 so I dont think you could build what you planned for 15k. I would never hack up a piece of RS history. I would buy a 2000 B5 S4 shell and go to town on it instead. Oh yeah, and there is this thing called a PO from the CFO in my house. Yes honey, I'm going to rip apart a perfectly running RS6 and dump another 50k in it just to go out and blow it up and dump another 50k after. Not going to go over very well. LOL

na1mt
August 18th, 2011, 05:59
I can appreciate that train of thought. I personally wouldn't hack up my car either. Original point of this was just a "feeler" to gauge interest. As far as pricing goes you might be surprised....mostly labor as the engine internals,new turbos arent that bad. The motor rebuild would prolly be 10k of the total number. I think the car is awesome as is but I have this little devil on my shoulder prodding me to go a little further....lol. Think of it as my own little stem cell research project...hehe.

na1mt
August 18th, 2011, 06:15
Most important aspect of this would be retain the complete integrity and reliability of the car. One of the more popular threads on here is about a six speed conversion......isn't that kinda messing with RS history since it was never an option here in the US? Not for everyone I understand...I'll keep you all informed as I proceed. Will be a springtime project.

na1mt
August 18th, 2011, 06:31
I like that.....lmao.....PO from the CFO. I'm gonna let this thread die due to friction as I didn't intend to create a debate. Let you guys know how it turns out. First order is to get my numbers for custom rods,pistons, and custom head gaskets from Cometic.

na1mt
August 18th, 2011, 07:19
Forged rods by integrated engineering $1200
Forged rods by pauter $1500
Forged pistons around $1000
Resleeve motor around $2400

nene
August 18th, 2011, 11:24
You have "cajones" of forged steel na1mt. I would not personally engage in this adventure, mainly because I feel it would never be worth in the end.
HOWEVER.... I am pulling for you and wish you luck. Even if you don't get to that magical 1000HP, something good can come out of this.

Besides a wickedly powerful engine, certainly you will help us in other aspects:
- gauge the viability of other parts in strength and the condition
- gauge value of vendors some of us never dealt with
- knowledge for sure
- etc

Whether your pull the trigger now that the bullet is in the chamber, or not, you must keep us posted.
Good luck my friend. I like to believe we are mostly family here by now.

speedtrapped
August 18th, 2011, 13:18
It will be interesting to see..... I have yet to properly "tune" my configuaration, more fueling, bigger turbo(turbine side), exhaust, ya da ya da...is my car driveable? yes, can it be tuned to optimize what I have-yes(DBR tune sucks) I was originally hoping for 700/800 at crank(previos owner Maha'ed dyno the output @ 630/740crank), remember expect a 23-27% loss to tip. I think my goal is acheivable....Cost...what i bought was a wrecked rs6, that had $40k in u/g to engine...$40k!!!, as stated everything for this car is expensive. My tranny cost the original owner, $10k, the DBR stage3 was $20k+, I am into the swap at $6k labor, net of wrecked parts sold $7k.....$13k total. No internals changed, etc, etc.
Now Ron may be refferring to my extra RS6 engine I am in possesion of, as well as rebuilt tranny. I likely would not go that extreme, unless I actually planned to track car permently.
I just dont see dropping that kind of cake now. Or Ron could be doing this on his own, believe me he is obessed with his NSX, and spent some serious $ on it.

4everRS
August 18th, 2011, 13:32
I apologize for the rhetoric in my previous post. There were a few cocktails influencing my comments. If you acctually pursue this adventure, I wish you the best if luck. I believe that it may not happen. Let that be motivation for you. I promise to eat the words in the previous post if you pull it off.

I would agree that the question is the crank. Although I seem to remember it is a forged piece. A picture in a post a while back showed wide and flat casting lines, indicating it is forged.

DHall1
August 18th, 2011, 15:26
I hear ya but when you increase the power output that much on the entire chassis things start to just break. Looking at some of the nasty fast B5 S4's out there just goes to show how extreme the modifications have trailed into suspension, driveline, axels, diffs to hold that much power. Heck, our heat exchangers can just now keep up with things at the current level of tune....how the heck are you going to cool the 1000hp beast? yeeks I remember a few years back when a big Supra guy built up a One Lap 94TT and found that the massive front mount intercooler was great for reducing the IATs but ended up overheating the car in real world driving and track use. There is only so much frontal room to mount heat exchangers.

Most important aspect of this would be retain the complete integrity and reliability of the car. One of the more popular threads on here is about a six speed conversion......isn't that kinda messing with RS history since it was never an option here in the US? Not for everyone I understand...I'll keep you all informed as I proceed. Will be a springtime project.

ttboost
August 18th, 2011, 21:36
I think this venture is a waste of time, and more importantly, money, on this platform...and I modify EVERYTHING I own. The engine would probably make as much power as you would need, hell, it's a Cosworth!!! The tune will keep it alive. Apparently your guy has never has the engine and trans out of one of these? No room (physically) for much improvement. The transmission is nearly hopeless. I haven't heard of or seen one that is "bulletproof" at anything under 500whp..let alone 1000? Then you say..well 6 speed conversion? I bought MY car because it was an automatic, albeit a shitty one. If I wanted a stick car, I would have kept my 700hp 996 Turbo? Good luck on your venture. But please take some time and say a nice farewelll to your cash, your patience and your spouse if you have one...it will be a long regrettable road...

Just my .02...don't take it personally...

speedtrapped
August 18th, 2011, 21:52
I spoke with Ron about this, if u knew him, u would understand - it has nothing to do with practicality, he wants to be only one in US with it. Nutty, yes...but I get it. Passion borders on insanity.

ttboost
August 18th, 2011, 21:58
Not taking shots....I would love to see it as much as the rest of you...but...

mmaturo
August 18th, 2011, 22:57
Good luck with the transmission.

na1mt
August 19th, 2011, 02:10
Ok....in my original post the key words were "up to" lol. I talked with machinist today who has had considerable experience building S4 4.2's. He made a call to Darton to see if they would make sleeves...answer was yes. Cometic will make one off sets of copper head gaskets. All in all all the parts are available and the complete motor build would come in as I expected at 10k. I will call Level 10 when I get a chance to discuss transmission options as I would really want to remain automatic. As far as the IAT the stock IC would have to be swapped out for a set of Wagners and let the meth take care of the rest. The whole thing hinges on what will fit without cutting up the car. If that answer is nothing than I won't bother with it. As far as it being a waste of time and money....you only live once. As far as my significant othand leaving me over it....it
must suck to live at your house....just my .02.... Don't take it personally

Hammer
August 19th, 2011, 04:29
I'm interested!!! Will be fun to see what can be done. :o)

JSRS6
August 19th, 2011, 04:37
Awww, c'mon. It was better before you edited it.

na1mt
August 19th, 2011, 04:47
Lol....was a little harsh.......true......but I counted to 10 and thought better of it.

ben916
August 19th, 2011, 05:45
we are all one big family... except for that wit4444 dude and sometimes Dave goes off and Skribe is off his meds...

kismetcapitan
August 19th, 2011, 07:42
The problem with more boost is more lag. 700bhp out of a 2.0l Lancer Evo engine is done all the time. But try driving it off-boost. In my Skyline, if you're not in the right gear and the turbos aren't spooled, you can literally floor the pedal and NOTHING happens. At all.

I love modding everything possible, and I like to tune by a rule of 200bhp/liter at the crank, but after spending more and more time in my RS6, the less I want to do anything to it. I think I'm going to chop the mufflers and that's about it. Maybe anti roll bars, but I'm not even thinking lowering springs anymore, as the car sits so well as it is.

ttboost
August 19th, 2011, 11:31
Lol....was a little harsh.......true......but I counted to 10 and thought better of it.

Assume that's for me...I'm a big boy and have a sense of humor...was hopin you did too....anyway..been there done that. I have modified probably 30 cars in my life. My RS6 is probably the only one I will not go farther than the flash and maybe a meth kit. I am all for hotrodding this car, just gonna wait for someone else to pioneer this one...not me this time. Good luck and keep us posted.

skribe
August 19th, 2011, 16:02
we are all one big family... except for that wit4444 dude and sometimes Dave goes off and Skribe is off his meds...

Oh, I'm always on the meds. The self-meds anyway :) A six-pack of cold Coronas and sportscenter is all I need to get my mind right.

I'm looking forward to seeing what can be done if you go there. Long-term, when my beast rotates out of daily driver duty in the next couple years, I would love to tune the hell out of it and go for... ludicrous speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk7VWcuVOf0

speedtrapped
August 19th, 2011, 16:52
^^^ how have you been?

MaxRS6
August 19th, 2011, 16:58
Owoooo-- It would be a very fun Trailblazer project to follow!!!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSak74bcpKeV5GG65dWtT2LZAr_klGOE 0XA_nf8jnnCm6CJ1V2_leMUNhchuA
Thar's gold and coal in there them hills...00000

Elevens
August 19th, 2011, 17:26
My car also is a daily Driver to and from work. It is Ridiculously fast already. To make it any faster would either send me to Jail or 6 foot under. All that is required is a good tune and a Zero restriction exhaust system (no cats) and these things scream. Going home I will be doing 80-90 mph, step on it and within an instant I'm doing 140-150 mph. I can't imagine needing any more power. But to each his own I guess. The next time I spend money on this thing will be for a set of C6 RS6 binders to slow it down.

RSSIK
August 19th, 2011, 17:33
My car also is a daily Driver to and from work. It is Ridiculously fast already. To make it any faster would either send me to Jail or 6 foot under. All that is required is a good tune and a Zero restriction exhaust system (no cats) and these things scream. Going home I will be doing 80-90 mph, step on it and within an instant I'm doing 140-150 mph. I can't imagine needing any more power. But to each his own I guess. The next time I spend money on this thing will be for a set of C6 RS6 binders to slow it down.

how much did your no cat exhaust run you if i might ask?

skribe
August 19th, 2011, 17:38
^^^ how have you been?

All good in the hood speed. Been too busy travelling this summer to post much... but the beast is running strong and throwing no codes at the moment. :) Congrats on your CTS-V... thought about one myself, our rover is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Blasting up to Lambeu for a meaningless but damn fun pre-season game tonight. :revs::incar::hey:

JSRS6
August 19th, 2011, 17:47

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSak74bcpKeV5GG65dWtT2LZAr_klGOE 0XA_nf8jnnCm6CJ1V2_leMUNhchuA

Randy, that was the longest subscribe email ever. Weird.

MaxRS6
August 19th, 2011, 17:55
^- I know not what you speak..

Elevens
August 19th, 2011, 17:57
how much did your no cat exhaust run you if i might ask?

The Milltek Racing (Catless) Downpipes Ran about $1400 shipped from Unit20. The Milltek Non Resonated Exhaust system ran about $1800.00 shipped from England also. I wanted the Satin Tip version which I could only get from overseas at the time. Maybe you can get them over hear now, I don't know. You could also De-Cat your stock system, but I opted for a Catless designed system. The diameter of the Milltek system is slightly larger than Stock, and it sounds Brutal while being neighborhood friendly. Hope this answers your question and I didn't go off topic.

JSRS6
August 19th, 2011, 18:01
The email I got saying that you posted on this thread was like three pages of gibberish.

Allow me to enlighten ya, sorry for the length:

Here is the message that has just been posted:

Image: http://www.rs6.com/image/jpg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wBDAAkGBwgHBgkIBwgKCgkLDRYPDQwMDRsUFRAWIB0iIiAdHx 8kKDQsJCYxJx8fLT0tMTU3Ojo6Iys/RD84QzQ5Ojf/2wBDAQoKCg0MDRoPDxo3JR8lNzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nz c3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzf/wAARCACIAL8DASIAAhEBAxEB/8QAHAAAAgIDAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAABQYDBAACBwEI/8QAUxAAAgECBAMFAwYHCwcNAAAAAQIDBBEABRIhBjFBEyJRYXE UMoEHFSORodMWQrGzwdHSJCU0UnJzhJOy4fAzNkNiY2SiNUVGU 1ZlZnR1kpSjw//EABkBAAMBAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAECAwQABf/EADARAAIBAgMFBgYDAQAAAAAAAAABAgMRBBIhEzFBUZEVInGhs dEFIzJhgfAzNEJS/9oADAMBAAIRAxEAPwAFWVlHldFlUaZPls7z0KTyS1ELs7MXccw 4HJR0xXTO6Zhc5Fkg/o0n3uIOI/8AJZJ/6TF+clwLChgAQfXHuznLPLV73x+55jdmH0zyh/HyLJPhBJ95jDnmX3/5DyT+ok+8wA7FR1H1Y8aAkbafqwrqT5vqwX+4wHPKAjbI8j/qJPvMefPtB0yLJCfKCT7zC6lM5bfYYuU9CCLs32YXaT5vqw3sE pM/pB7nD+Sk/wDlpPvMQNxDHfbh/I7edNJ95j1aCO2xv8MZ7Io2Nh64Oep/0+rBnHfhkcN5xl8byZLla1YFpY9DjcdR3uRwcXh/h8gH5hy/fl3H/awhcNSRUWbxTSq7qAVtHa5NvgMO8eZrPLp9kmBI2UuCfsvjHWn XT0m+rL05xe9EjZHw4rWbI8vHh3W/axq+R8PDlkeX380f9vExoy41Ck!
GrprnsfybYpvRyrMDHEAPObUB8LYzrEVuNR9S1lwibHJMi6ZHl lx/qObf8eJTkGQrbVkOXFuto3/axWGVOHJ9oVN79xP78S/NwEl2qJWZjcaTa324V4qot1V9WFU5X1gay5NkanbIMut/If9vAziSDKMmySozKLhjL6nsCpdNLrYE2v7x5XGGSmiVFBZix8 GNzjbMqGLMcrqqKbSkVRC8bG3ugjn8DY/DE44qvf+R9WVcIWtlORDjvh8hS3B9Ept3gCxBPrqwy8OZ7wXnT GFsmy+lntfROjKD6HXY45rW8NVFLBDM8mhJiwj7ZdGq3hudvPA 2npamarioUjYzSOFVAN2J5YssXVf8At9WdPD5Vdo+hI8jyCRbp kmWuDyIViP7eNPmfIdRUZDl9/Ds3/bxdybKYMjymDLYDdIU7zkbs3NmJ9b/C2ErNs6zStq/3smNHS3KxuFGqS3NyTyHgMJUxlWP+31Z1KhtHZIZmyjI1Un5gy 0geCP8At4FZhR5dSqzfMeUqbXCGCQ2H9ZhTrOLMxyx5Ep80Wsd CNRkTUCeiqRt8cOOXVdHxPlQnJLFjaRL96NhzBxfD4irLVzfVk MRBQeiFaozWmjPdyHJD/R5PvMRzTUtfw7mk4yvLqWamkp+zkpYmQ98yBr3Y390YysyWqau eGmjeRAdmI2t64IVuTnLOB8ydyRLLNTagTyAMn68enRqy20Fme 9cWZdWmB+IZIkiyTtFJ/emL85LgUJqY8lYehwU4iCGLIwTY/NMX5yXAjsoriwwk335eL9QS3koe57l7dL2xhZydreeNQkQ6H4H G6mMbWPl3sKKaBZfG2N1jkIGttj1LY1MmrcKbeIbBfLsjzKsUP T0crRtuHYWX4E4RyUd7DZsF6HBAB+o4u5dQ1FbN2UEbyyXtZVJ t64JNkOYpOsUtHIhZrBtPdHnfww45Lks2WxCOOvsD3rKmxxOda MVdMaMHJ2LOS8OUWUIr6u2qiL!
NI3ujyA6DBRUDFtKhb+Axh1BQrsWI5mwF8QVc08MYalpXqXufo 0kVDa3TVtjzJ!
SlN3bNqUY6JExLA3R2BGxBxrG/avoPPpvzwvDi6AySxPSSrLCdM0cjgNGfA4Gz/KDl8dUGSlnkBGq8UqMLDnfwxCWrsjXGlUSu0OwiubsbC9rDrj3 s1L8je1h54Tab5Q4KrUKfKqm4H48qgXOLEXGqP2YOWT9qSVI7V LAjzwLKAclSfAa4wnbMORHIeOJJpYIqeSSqZBAotIWO1j4+vhh NqOKqqdtNLTxU6MDd3fW+3OwG314BVtRX1700ubVcklM8zRoI5 CjKWBCtoG2xtgOtDdcdYOrbM1ZEfzSc0iYR081TRU3afTkFQQC ToS9rAbXJ5YU8nMmQ8U5VVVzxjRMpYg8lO259Dgvw7Nm9fk1Tk gnMNLEzszAG8kjHkT1AIJxtmtHPmdNFRUmmeuaMPURootF4l3O yjr8cGMss7JlJ5qlO8l4Ha3XVGQGIRhsV52I5j674+fuK8vzjL 8zq6Zpe1hpxp7SI93SN/r33wW4K+USpyMjLs41VVGjWWQNqeHpt4rtyww8VUJOYyVFDHDJ BmIVqd1dSwBG7BeZv44rU01IYaClJxk7HHxqZiL7k746p8lOW5 itDV1hS1LMwWK7e+67E+nnhT4n4cXL5HnY+zxbaYipZvDcjYH1 OHf5K+KKmtD5NWnWaeIGBzYHQNtNhzttvi1KaazIhiKTj3WOzx iCNNWktzNvHC9xiSeD8x1Afwin5er4YqslrKouRzNrYA8aLp4L rgN71EFz8Xx6GDu8RBvmjDPS6FHPcpzGroslqqWilmhXK4wXQX sRJL+vC2jEPpkBBGxBFiDjreVk/g5koF7+wr/AG3wHruGaTMKwz1JsT74jNifC5wZ1bVZJ836iyWgjGMiMMuk32 63w6cFcMwTo1Xm1JKWUjs4pkIU+duuPaLhFKXM4awVrGlhcP2T rqa4N7X5Ww2tV2a9+a7XP2YlUrXVonRjrqVvmXKTVCQ5fTh1bU NMQA+obH44L2CoFQAK!
OVhsMDkIklJuDvYgdMWQxYFSwsOWMkm3vLrLwAPGVLDU0l4wO3 BHeBIa3w6DChlec5hk8p9nqGaFT34XYlGHkDy9Rhu4jpKl0aak nRe6QUYe/v4nl/fhDqGdZWEsZil/GFrXHQ42UopxszPOTUjpD8UZc1EKkPftFB7O+6nqCfLFWk4vyu SoMcjSxAbByt1OOcdoCbG532GLmW0FRXTpHRwOzE+8B3R8eQwH h6aR20ncfJsly2etnzGqPaR1DK/ZRKER7A21EbtzN9wDgFnHBuUZlmUlVCKihMgAKU+lUv46bbY8l hzbKu5JKpjQctWpRfyxXkzGeS5sqE7FkJBH+PDCQwqvfePLFVN 19x7N8mlVEC+W553QbhZ4iPrKnA+t4W4pod45aWd3HeZZrMx6H vdbG2G/hrPJJBJSVbM7i7Ry+XgcezUvtFQXE1u0NwTuD5YSOEvJqRR46c UsrEI5dxJQzU9dmUX7micCRlkU6QSBvb4YZK5VFNRrCpk0uJT1 NkuxP2YL5zQN+DdZqcsqqpuAeQcXH2YXqqqjFMIhI40AjUNgSR uvU8r3tvjzcbRUakVE9jAYmdSlJz3mcNU854akmkdqaWsLTCW2 4BPv79BuB4nl44qUlPSVbzU6IyZdAL9mJSHqJGNgznqepvt4Y8 z/ADOojp49e00kas4Qdbe7boBsAPAYGUmYTwZtFltKkcntGhXDGw VgOf5cStKTbiX7sYrOylW8PK+biGL6GMqzFNWoqFUnbfrbDVDl FZBX01EagIyU4CzQOzNDD17x5MxsNuQvbBiGgpXqRUUixpVqhi JZyRKLWIJOw8dvHrinSzVcWWPQVlNUR1YshqUXVGEGwbVffbpt hZVpSVlwJ5IRldbmF/mGgqqFpamM1EIj0xLNJr7NepF+vnzxz7gTMRk3GQp7kwTs1Pdu YBPd/RhlqOIZ0keleZXFrboYzbx0nb03wkwqYeLqZ3BKmpja4Gm92HQ 4!
vg1OMncjilFx0O8zm4P2k4U+LzI3CuZk37NZqdR63cn8ow0VDD QTKxXw88LvGXZjgmu7J2Y!
GpgPe9Xx7uCXz4eK9TxZu/mbUlYYOHsiQWu1Enx778sW6IiWZj2gNuYvyPnhaqZvZ8uyaQG7 LlcfZrfrrkvgPSZzPQ1wkL3HNlxPEU71JW5v1OzWZ0YSIC6rv4 jELg1FtMTIFPM2sfTASnzyKV+3EZNwQ1vHmPhizBnRXV20Ijt0 BuTjNs5xWgc0Wy5V1SZequ4Lbfi7Y1pc6pqksFV42AuA1jq9Lc 8VquNamkL6mcyC4C/ZtjWDIZxTXmkSEgXBtc3+GKQiku9vElJ8NxbzWZmpJGhXWdNgo 5knwwgVSySvrm5+NiTjodRJTUeUtOo7Y6dka4DHzwh1eYVktQQ 7Rh+fZovdXy+GLUndCSRYyzLkLdvURMY7d0bbnDfHN81ZY5Kx9 sByXYCw5Hphd4fzZo5o1rgoQbBtPIn9GCWbSpO+kFXABNx1xRw u9RM1hck7Won7WodndiTYm9r9MTLA40qqbnoOuLBjRKuFGBDTM wG+wAW98MVNlaaFkfSHIvdu7imZRQtpMAQUzsra27JF2Zm5C/QW5nyxPHVmnUrTNqB5Oy7fAY0ziWlBSOnl0mK4021AknnfxxW7 RY6Z5pWsqD3udvhgOSSu9wFFt2RZznPJPmGsiZ1RxEGHe7rAML jyNsLdfmS5xTUMSU0kUIRVGgXA1MNbMR1P2AAY0zKZqmZ1zKIR 0dONZQtcsxGwbSeg3tfwxWy16SjqFNHdhLZ9DykAFTqB29Lb48 jFVIVJXie/g6FSjDvbyeQT1dYamKMyyhbUtMp7xHIM1ugwLocpllr4TUCPsl mUzEyAu+++J8uzGXIaz2gSSPBIjHsieZv08Ou+JqHNY8zzlhHE yBleRn5bhSdhyA5bdBiCUk7JaGqcqck8+jRfXNpvY1MNQWkUKw Jk3Hht/F6eN8EX43o6qkmeogEMhTTa+vQ4F1YD+UOeFDN8prskqZotRYo VIIjIJWxF79ORFr88DJZnmVVmg0tyDhbG!
22A8PFsSFd5bWLmb8QVmYVEk05VmkiVXOm35MXuCqSozjiKKpd Q8dOA8p8gLAeuFyoukkiabEMR7pB+rHTfk2opouH3mKFBUTFgd u8oFtsbaEE2kYcRUai2N1VUGplZnkZYdOpiTsBgHntZJWcJ5qv ZCKCOWmEYsfGTrg4BopnVwu9ibnl5YC5/Y8J5q6uWBlphumm28mPXwtttDxXqeWr36gvOqmSPK8kj7LVH82 RliR/tJOuFzSpe6+708sMGeVfZ0GSQlwFOVxEqT/ALSX9WARXWp0MCPIjbEKq+ZLxfqWJaWokpZg6N3L3I6H1wWWue Zu2IAJwBZDFGNSFr7YvZbUT0siO9K0iryQqd/jhPERo6DkOtqFKmbbUe6rc9vDHtXX0s2Yx0szjslvq1Gw1YU6j ierhKoKdoye8Q6i5+JGJRxKZAimNG1m7FolIxFQu7sN2lZBivn WonJZ4xGBYbgiw6DACfL0QFw51Mb+IxJTZlVO0xLhUZ2ZT7Oou OgseVrWxSmq2krY6eSqMbSC6NosGN+WwxojaKJ5W2V6h+yKKmk u7qltW+/gOu+CGXTxwSMk5bQAdJUX73lfEL0bVMKlalASVYMU03I5HljeK kjYEgFz172j8uGu7haVhhy7LKHM/wB0iqqSsbcg2hlbmP8AHIjBaurQqMqh3Nrkad3uNh9uF2higQW OXz7G5Zawi3pa2LiLTK3ciqNV7jVMSBieXvXYHLSyKYjYl9akq +2kCwwF4jmXK6OnWQku0iydmDv3b3v5XsMN0cYKgMW0jkhcm3p vhR46yWqq5PbqcxLSQ0+ltb6StiTsOpN+mOqyTg0NQ0qJiZWZl NUwusgQCRy/dFt+g+G2KMLskvg1iNtr49BGxbkOmNNV6hSeWMGVLQ9VzlJ3bJ 9chS0js2nlc4uZHIYZa+dRYpRSAfGwxTZ10nzxdygD5uzeVkYr 2CoWXkpZxa/1HD5UTbdrhnijiBc5roJ!
KUEhaaNTd7ANpu1h4XNvhgHmFSC2lSCLKbL5dMDpmuQBtjRdr+ mIyinK5shiJRpbMuVtWav!
U4iN1HfYgcr7EnHVOD66lp8gy8K4KzRbAjSokU2Zf045ZR1stF UxVEAUkLpZWUEOp2II6gjBLJqOozt5aahkNPSoRLJE0mwPiBzO NFJZXoYsQ3UV5HUK2rgfSUkDJe3d5D1xSzyeOThLNEia+iWmv/AO6TAuXtGaOOnF0tpJ0lrn1xbr6Z6fg/NRJ7zS0x+2THsYeKVWHivU8yO/qUM6y56ylyVxBG4+a4hqckf6SXFWmyOpTVakpLMLA3c6fMb4v5 nxRFktLk9PU0pmDZXE8ZQgEHtJbg3+GLmT8XZTmUiQKTFO3KOV OZ8A3LHmYitJVZJLi/U2KndXBL5RmMUd0WG55AyEfYRialyzONBUVcMKsR3SNQJw2SJC 4OpUFhcjVe2KUyPI40LHp5XQ8sSVVyEcbC9Pk1f2bdpUU8g8om ZifK++IaTKqxzpRIyT0ZSpwfioqyWu7ZqueGmTuiNWt2p6k+A6 DBjXMQpSFSTYG7W2wdrYDQtJlOYABbwKSPdD7n7MRPQzkASKO7 uF5/ZhwVWNjZLg9dsTJGjgl1W/LFFXJuDFKGhr5LMmtR1vYYI0lLLe1SI2kHu8rj12weeljYgtcE crHGooxyVyFPPbB24Nkyi1OVpDJoA35Lvb4bYqo8hbRHRzkkbF J9IP14NSU6sN2BAGwGwxkEAeQAMCQPhhFVO2YHhhqmfuUmYK38 9EfynE7RWYJVUlS51ahrdD8fe8zg/HBY3DA+q41mo4prmVY2NrXK3OOVXmNs3wOS8fcOUOU0lLU0MbR moncEHfSAoNh5b/ZhFbum97+eOwfKpSxx8O0YhQArWbAeDRtf8gxySUd03He5AW2H l64i7N3N1NvLqTSUFclEtW9LIKfSLS22IJsD9eLVCCvD2ZOSBr khQDx3Y/ox1vMshjPCMlAbi1ANKlQAGVQw+3HKVo1HDSSdoA8lQDa24Gg/Ztg210FjO61As2xG92PPHmPGHeW58sesbH!
bxxN7y63G4ktYeAw2fJm7fPdRDCsZlkgOgudhY74TibEm++Ohf JRk5nqpM37XSlPqjYEcthz9QcUhK0rkqiTi0N1VS5uVVYTAqdQ gsR9YxRzhK2PhHNVrWQ/S0ukLz5ydfqw4VMkUaM+pHC87NvgRxuFHBtdpNyZ6e/wBb49DDVs1eC+6MWztqcu4+/wCYB/3RF+clwsQyNBKkqEhkIYEeWGnj0i2Q35/NMP5yXCo5DaeewtjFiF86fi/U3Q+lDPHxtmIq2mljheNtjGBYW9Rgvk/HccjlcyiEAQ3iaEXHgQQfy4RHBCxjUhGm4seXrjRULW0kXJsAT bEuJzpxaOtDiaiS7OagIRcEhf14t03FGVycpJd+QCg/ZfHM6OgqJ6dVaWBrElFadQ3h4+OCEXDeZTgNGIWA5aahNvtxXL BmdxsdETiDKyx1yyDyMZxJNn2Vw07zvPJ2SC5tE1zhLXhjipo1 CU726OJFBI9b4nOR8WU6hmpRoAu2spp28cDZ0gWkHp/lCyqKRI6emqZl2DPcLbx2O5OGrKa+jzagjq6aUkOLGNiNSN1B8/LHG2iT2lva6Cd2Mha8XLc+V+W+98EMtlqqKu7SkjkaJmKGIi2o dLnp647Yp8Qt24HX+xC81ZfQXx6jR2LElVHNiLWxz+Cp4mYlqb K5ioGwRi32g4o5rmXEkIhhqKGpWSokASJg/wBLp3Kgcz0PwwHBLiLHM3uOoSTRU9tZZmY2WMLux8B/jbHkEc2lJZauN9QvpjUaR6Hmf8HHL0zSrkBqJKGvn7IlZqlkdg o63PIC/Tlg43EGYxhFL1iEnZGjINiPAjfYYKo31uc524EfyuTNFSZbExA heV2a7C4IUBdviccvy6mevzujoYG1tNUIik8tyMMXygCtzTNoK qRg49mVV1DSdmYbjxvfCxlyTQZtRkMYnE0ZD/xe8LHCO+40QStc+g+JMypsro56+qP0ab6erknur8fyY4bmM6!
+xQxCNQzyySkclHQfpw5ce8UtX5QaM0iAzyBtSMToCm+EbMYl0 0ELOVkeJdRYbAMbg+liMN!
bLdMSCT1Icl+bRnNN88GVqDV9KYedvLyx1mX5M8ilpqmoo2nft YNVONdwpK3U+YNxjk8+UzU0hV37gvpkUd1xfxx1LhDiCGk4ZSn kkYV1FrSOSQHS4XvABvTocI4spKemhx2aIxOUYbgkfHHTvkmjl qMor1gYJPFOGQliFN13BHXl1wjZw0ctXVyPG0LtMzabggAm9v7 8FuBOIhkE9anZPMKiMCMKbWccj6b4KQZO8R9rMzE1FJI5KzBir KLBwb2It8D8LYpZpmHtvCecIJe0SOWlK7eLSD9GEniHN8xrJGm nkVHKKHKDSXAOxJ6kcr+mLXCzFuEuIyxJPa0e5/lS414T+zBfdEZR7jY0ZhllBVZfkc1YCXGWRr7gIt2kv68Uhw7l lQAIEUt/Mg4JVTx+wZIruV05ZESRb/AKyXEdTnNNlNOBHMjTzELGhtzPU+WBiNKkn936k1d6IqwcI0tz 2kKW8TCP14uR8J5fpv2dO45HTCuxwOqeLIzN7JPNGIBbtCl9Ux v7twAFXxI6cueNp+NYI1VIDGkaW+jiQKHB3J3ubeA9bnGZtvUe 0twZh4QyU7tDFufxox+jF6Lg/Ix3jRUhH+tFa+E2HjKEVgnn1MjK7CItZYrXsoHU8rsepNtsU85 4/q61Vipg0EUbagUNmbawucI7jJSvY6WMiy2nRU7OOJegEjAfVqG N4IKGKNZBKZVawULK51+FlJ3xxufi/NKmFoqibtdY0u5PeK3vbyF/rtgY+ZV0szSPV1DO219ZJI5W9MLZ8ymQ7RWcX0NICtLaRlBBbU FRbD/iO4FhzPXE0HE0kUZkq6ikB2Io4U1yEHkpN7KepPIXGOJQZhOg7 OSRiiHUsZ5XGwv5DwxelzmtqqFpp5rvEPZ1soXUjA3vbmdueDY 7KdMzT5R6ehogI2EtU7MjCMALDa3L+NsefiMKOa8ZrnOa5XV1d MZYKJiGjZtJYE+Pjy35eWElxpUd4MSBex5!
eWM/E0ahf8ALjrIKikdHqPlHkFE0KUkEUDnR7Mg2WIHlfkWI2+vxxH BxhFOC3tk1ICxtTdoTFCm1lQm5A25DwA6nHPWKs+5LWG55DG8E JndUjIRnYKt+W/icE7Kh54rzZOI6uCuo437MQCFQQNRsSbkdL3wqZfWHL84p6xou 29nnRuz5h9J5emCE0qUUEeWTWV6e4lIPvC99vgcBqxkZyYhpjF lVhyw3CwIobZ87qeLZoKmWkhp2pEKXiUBWLdTtgBneiep7Vw8d iNUbOGMabWA5bW5YmynVR05lsxDo1iDYc7fG1+WB8koNXL7SGY BOzte3IbXw7VkKvq0DVc8U8CPTljTXbs1bchLnFCDP66nymsyy KVfZ6rR2qlb3K8iD02t9WNafTPRwU5PZkyae2Y3QdTcYqSOmqa 4XSRYaeRt13wJMMUj0xGelSaQXZmIaQnc/rxUCyRB2uVKEdeWGClaKCOBJIFLaNSFSPe88Cq6wuq3Zub3Fgb m+GcVa5ylrYoyzSyteVmc3vcm+G3hT/NDiP8AnaP+1LhSLG392G3hX/M/iP8AnaP+1LimC/sw8UGr9DDtfTRZnR5S8GcZVAYMvSF4qmZ0ZXDuTcBCD7w6+OAM 3CLzPrk4lyEt4+0yfd4zGY9atgKUqjbb/fwZoVWlojU8Gkgj8JchsTfepk5/1ePPwL/8SZDv/vMn3eMxmJdm0eb/AH8DbeRh4LH/AGjyG/Umpk+6xjcF3N/wjyAelRJ93jMZjuzaPN/v4O28i4OC8sFKo/CHKXqCbMfaXCgeX0dycMsNFk1Ll5hoqrIIJ1K6ZRUOxcdQSYri +MxmGXw2jzf7+BXVkxZq+FkqQzSZ9kIkJJv7VJzJuSfot8QScH hohEnEWQrGDqt7TIST4n6PGYzA7No835ew22kiP8CxvbiPIQD0 9pk+7xg4LA5cR5B/8mX7vGYzHdm0eb8vY7byJo+DohcNn2Qkc/4TJ91iw3Dg9!
nEEee8PKpTTJ+6JO+Rex/yW2MxmD2bR5vy9jlWkyCq4U9o0n8IchDaQGY1UhLnxP0eMpuD4 !
kZBLxBkJUEk/umXc9NuyxmMwOzaPN+XsdtpLQlbhyfSUTibIlXVrA9pk7ptY2+ i6jFR+DAzahxHkIvzvVSm//wBeMxmO7Npc35exyryLT8Ml44k/CDh/6Nibmpkubjr9FiFeEFW1s/yC3iaqU/8A54zGY7s2lzfl7HbaROnDCppvn2QNbf8AhUvPp/ouWITwmxLMeI8gu3+8yW/N4zGYPZ1Lm/L2BtpXI24N1f8ASPIB/SZPu8EqTLYck4YzemfNcuq56uSmMUdJI7GyF9V9SD+MMZjMWw3 w+lCrGSb0f7wBOtJxaP/Z

RSSIK
August 19th, 2011, 18:17
Thanks I really appreciate it. I wish to only hear one in person and I know that will make my decision immediately.

MaxRS6
August 19th, 2011, 18:25
The email I got saying that you posted on this thread was like three pages of gibberish.
Allow me to enlighten ya, sorry for the length:

LOL- That is a little wordy...

s42ski
August 19th, 2011, 20:46
So I would love to see the results - but I am on Dave's thinking here - you are going to end up with something that sort of looks like an RS6, but is really a custom car - I owned a 280Z with 450HP at the crank from the original block 2.8L engine. Everything was modified on the car. I would almost think that starting with an S6 and going forward from that would make more sense. The issues from transmission, drive axles, differentials all make this seem like a huge undertaking. And COOLING.... maybe if you only drive it in the winter in NJ??

15 to 18K would not even get this party started in my opinion. I would guess $50K+ to get a reliable crank 1000HP with 700+ at the wheels. And that is with maintaining some level of comfort and driveability (A/C still works - car can be driven on city streets - passess emissions test etc.)

speedtrapped
August 19th, 2011, 20:55
well, I agree that budgets are never what they seem. But, its been done in Europe, MRC has made some monster C5 RS6's, 1000hp, no, but close and not even touching bottom end, as for cooling, I would love to hear feedback from anyone across the pond, who is familiar with thier work... a sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M-37ED5oMY

na1mt
August 20th, 2011, 01:21
Ok.....spoke with Level 10 today. They are confident that they can build the transmission to hold the power. Price was less than I thought...they quoted between $5-6k. Complete motor build $10k. Turbo components $6k. Initially I did not include the transmission cost because I had no idea if they could even do it. So I'm gonna say all in with any incidentals would be between $25-30k for a daily driveable completely insane beast. This will be a lengthy build...my first order of business is to locate a salvage title C5 A6 4.2 that can be dropped off at turbo shop for fitment. When completed, the idea is to market the turbo system as a bolt on upgrade that will have the flexibility to work with stock components as well as completely built platforms for the true boost junky...lol.

JSRS6
August 20th, 2011, 01:41
You might be able to find a salvage rs6 with rear end damage to use for cheap...

na1mt
August 20th, 2011, 02:14
That would be ideal but not likely....let me know if you come across one.....I'm in no big rush.

JSRS6
August 20th, 2011, 02:22
There have been some recently...